Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - PF vs. GWS, MCG 22/9 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are under-rating our midfield because we don't show it off. As soon as it's done its job, our best mid combo at 100% is sent off to various other parts of the ground (or the bench) to play at 80% while the backline defends the margin created while also conserving energy.

GWS are fattened lambs and this will be a slaughter.

I'd give Q the first crack at Greene and if he scores 2 goals before halftime, move Maynard onto him.

We need both of Cox and Cameron because Briggs is a very good ruckman with a big tank.

Hogan is a delicious match up for Moore because he'll cover him and also be able to leave him and intercept.

I know we don't really tag but we should because if we nullify Josh Kelly then this game will be over by half time. I think Crisp can do this well.

I wanted Port to win because of the timeslot thing but GWS winning and the game still being scheduled for Friday night is perfection.

Let's remember we destroyed them by 11 goals at the same venue in Round 9.

B: Quaynor Murphy Maynard

HB: N Daicos Moore Howe

C: J Daicos De Goey Sidebottom

HF: McCreey McStay Elliott

F: Hill Mihocek Ginnivan

R: Cox Mitchell Crisp

I: Pendlebury Cameron Hoskin-Elliott Noble

SUB: Macrae

Laters Lippa

People are under-rating our midfield because we don't show it off. As soon as it's done its job, our best mid combo at 100% is sent off to various other parts of the ground (or the bench) to play at 80% while the backline defends the margin created while also conserving energy.

I'd give Q the first crack at Greene and if he scores 2 goals before halftime, move Maynard onto him.

We need both of Cox and Cameron because Briggs is a very good ruckman with a big tank.

Hogan is a delicious match up for Moore because he'll cover him and also be able to leave him and intercept.

I know we don't really tag but we should because if we nullify Josh Kelly then this game will be over by half time. I think Crisp can do this well.

I wanted Port to win because of the timeslot thing but GWS winning and the game still being scheduled for Friday night is perfection.

Laters Lippa
Yeah, I think we'll smack them too and 100% on Moore vs Hogan. Moore to blitz.

Your team won't happen though. Did you mean to leave out Markov? Macrae as sub over both Lippa and Markov?

Yeah, I think we'll smack them too and 100% on Moore vs Hogan. Moore to blitz.

Your team won't happen though. Did you mean to leave out Markov? Macrae as sub over both Lippa and Markov?

Nah you've got me on Markov. Needs to be included. Oops.

Markov to the bench, Noble to sub maybe. Bit of a shame because I think a significant cameo in a preliminary final could be the making of Fin, a turning point he never looks back from, and the Adams injury potentially creates the opportunity for him.

Maybe the very unlucky Noble continues to be unlucky

Laters Lippa

Yeah but apparently the last encounter doesn’t matter but them beating us in a prelim years ago does.

If Briggs is out we can probably play one ruckman. Cox was solo ruck and kicked 2 goals against them in round 9.
Unless his shoulder falls off they'll play Briggs, they don't have much depth in the ruck department, they do have Pruess but he'd be stale and green.

I don't think this decides the result but it does give us a significant advantage.

He kicked three in an 11-goal loss. How many are you expecting him to
He kicked three in an 11-goal loss. How many are you expecting him to kick?
He kicks 3 on a day we dominated a team going poorly at the time.
They’d be going 10 times better now and he’s killing it coming up against a defence that can struggle against big athletic key forwards. Every one is worried about Greene when Hogan can literally eliminate us off his own boot as well.
I’m glad your not concerned 👍

A hit out to advantage doesn't have to put your teammate into the clear.
But that's what we want SR. That's where we want Nick, Degs and Pendles at cb, add Crisp and Sides at around the ground stoppage.

The 'HO to advantage' isn't really advantage for us, our outside runners in the clear is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He kicks 3 on a day we dominated a team going poorly at the time.
They’d be going 10 times better now and he’s killing it coming up against a defence that can struggle against big athletic key forwards. Every one is worried about Greene when Hogan can literally eliminate us off his own boot as well.
I’m glad your not concerned 👍

Moore is not letting Hogan dominate

Yes but they are healthy and playing great footy at the right time.
Port look cooked and GWS were the biggest certainties ever last night.

This is a really tough game for us, As good as Greene is Hogan nearly tore us a new one last time and if Moore gets him I’d be worried.
I think Frampton needs to come in because Hogan is looking ominous and super high on confidence.
Frampton wouldn't have the speed to go with Hogan.

Keeffe going forward will stretch us for height as it did against Port last night. I suppose if they have Riccardi, Hogan, and Keeffe all forwards they are losing a lot of forward pressure and hopefully we can launch out of the back half.
Keeffe is hot garbage as a forward, always has been. If they put him there against a competent rebounding defence like ours they’re one step closer to losing.

It’s funny how everyone was saying Collingwood and Melbourne had the “easy” side of the draw when it came to the Prelim. Now everyone thinks GWS will beat us.
Everyone thought Melbourne would beat us too. Any team with a bit of momentum behind them is apparently going to be our downfall 🙄

He kicked three in an 11-goal loss. How many are you expecting him to kick?
Well "he nearly tore us a new one " in an 11 goal loss, so doing the maths, those 3 goals must have been nearly 15 goals. 15 goals would be concerning and I think we'd need to shift Darcy Moore off him if that was occurring..

Don't know that just yet. Low grade strain can mean anything.
If our medicos pass him fit to play than he is ready to go.
Then 5 mins in he tries to stab a 40m pass completely out of his skill set and pings it propper.

No chance for the GF if we’re good enough to get there.

Suicide to take him in surely? Yes you can pick your sub for the “what if he pings it”, but why risk it happening 5 mins into a GF? Deflates the team, and exposes us to going 1 down on the bench if anything else goes awry.

Would be classic Collingwood to have this scenario, with this in mind, again on the chance we get there our GF team- out: Lippa, in: Tay on 1.1 legs for 5 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back