Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - PF vs. GWS, MCG 22/9 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out: Adams
In: Daicos

Markov to swap with Ginninvan as the sub.

Ginnivan to Lipinski’s role and Lipinski to get Adams’ inside midfield minutes. Daicos to half back in place of Markov.
Lipinski playing inside minutes not sure if serious. I can see Ginnivan filling the high half forward role, any inside minutes should be for Nick.

Last time we played GWS they had a couple out.

IQ should get the chance at Toby.

Moore to Hogan.

Murphy to Riccardi.

WHE and Maynard to Daniels and Bedford.
Daniels and Bedford are very quick. They would be bad match ups you suggest

Lipinski playing inside minutes not sure if serious. I can see Ginnivan filling the high half forward role, any inside minutes should be for Nick.
Nick should be where he’s at his best, at half back. Lipinski’s best game was where he played more inside minutes again Geelong. He’s wasted as a pure high half forward.

Lol Lip isn't going anywhere this was simular to the WHE talk in here a month ago.

Adams for Daicos that's all it will be.

They need to go after Greene, can not allow him to get going absolutely huge for this team.

If Nick plays a mid-forward as some suspect, J-F Nobes may be handy returning to that back flank replacing Crisp who'd be playing solely midfield.

Wouldn't be counting anything out. :)

Crispy played Half forward against the Dees, so i'm curious as to where they use him this week. Whitfield is a key for them and i think Crispy would be a good match up for him.

Yeah, I think we'll smack them too and 100% on Moore vs Hogan. Moore to blitz.

Your team won't happen though. Did you mean to leave out Markov? Macrae as sub over both Lippa and Markov?

Hogan had two tackles in round 9 and none last night.

I think we’ll be happy to have Moore on him and even if Hogan gets a couple of goals, Moore can run off him and set up a few the other way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moore is not letting Hogan dominate

Hogan has about half Curnow’s frees for for the season. Moore should be a great matchup for him, and I can’t see Hogan getting too far out of hand.

Noble was dropped for Melbourne because of the plan to contest entry bombs from long via air.

Against GWS, they are precise and opt for the short sneaky entry pass from a player behind or outside the contested zone.... if that fails they have Hogan and Green running off sheperds for an easy 30m mark.

Noble would be a better defender against such tactics... but still not sure who comes out for him. Ginivan is important as he offer leg run late game when the Pies want to break through the zone defense via turn overs and Ginivan's run and fresh legs is key to that.

GWS plays like Pies in regards to running in tandem through the corridor and outside wings connecting via quick handballs and low kicks... except they have younger legs and arguably quicker players.

Hogan had two tackles in round 9 and none last night.

I think we’ll be happy to have Moore on him and even if Hogan gets a couple of goals, Moore can run off him and set up a few the other way.
My prediction is Moore to be BOG in the first half. In the second half, GWS getting Hogan to get on his bike to try to drag Moore outside 50 and sending chaos balls towards Toby.

Don't know that just yet. Low grade strain can mean anything.
If our medicos pass him fit to play than he is ready to go.
I love your optimism and you are right. But geez it’s a risk. The Port game last night showed what happens if you play injured or underdone players.

Out: Adams, Lipinski
In: Daicos, Frampton

They have Riccardi, Hogan and Keefe down there and Briggs can float down

We need more height. Very dangerous to take them on with only Moore as the true tall

We're not bringing in Frampton to play on Keefe.

Moore to Hogan
Howe to Riccardi
Murphy to Keefe
Bruz to Greene
IQ to Daniels
Leggy to Bedford

Interestingly the last time we played and beat GWS it was with our smallest collection of structural talls for the year.

Round 9 vs GWS +65: Cox, Johnson, Mihocek, Moore, Murphy (5) + *McInnes 24% TOG

5 in the 22 last time is likely to be 7 this time.

Cameron, Cox, Howe, McStay, Mihocek, Moore, Murphy.

It probably wont dictate our selection next week however as GWS will have a better group of talls available this time with Taylor, Briggs and Riccardi included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back