Preview P.F. vs. GWS (Sat 21/09 4:35pm MCG) In: Reid/Aish, Out: JDG/Levi. Teams #1523

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we stop the Reid talk? He ain't playing lol. The dude is done. Varcoe will come in for degoey and aish or shaz for Greenwood.

I don't think it's so much people want him in, we'd obviously all prefer JDG to be the other main target in our F50.

But based on this season and the IN's and OUT's of this year, Bucks and the match committee clearly prefer having two targets inside 50. Reid is the only left who is fit.

Only had 72,504 there last year for the Semi Final.

It'll be interesting to see the Preliminary Final factor and what it does to the crowd.

Only 50-52K at the G to watch the Cats v the Weagles so the AFL would love anything more than 70k. I'd assume we'll get a lot more than that Saturday

I always find Preliminary finals team selections the most interesting. How far ahead do you look for the following week? i.e do you just pick the best 22 for this weekend, or are you more tactical about it and look a bit towards who you could be playing in the GF and pick a team that could help benefit that (i.e bringing in someone this week, knowing they would help you more the following week?).

For me I think we have a player in that situation, Aish. Aish playing a lock down small defender has quietly become a very important part of our back 6, and should Richmond win, he will certainly be needed to battle against the likes of Castagna and Rioli. Scharenberg however is the better in for this week against GWS's tall forward line (although I think he will also have a role to play against Richmond). So my intrigue is more around would they look at maybe leaving Noble out for Aish this week, to allow Aish to play this week rather than being a fresh in for the GF should we win?

In: Reid, Scharenberg, Aish
Out: DeGoey, Greenwood, Noble

Aish Roughead Howe
Crisp Moore Maynard

Grundy Adams Treloar
Phillips Pendlebury Sidebottom

Thomas Mihocek Hoskin-Elliot
Elliot Reid Stephenson

Mayne Brown Scharenberg Wills

Would leave only one question mark for GF week should we win, JDG (and who he replaces if fit). I look forward to hopefully having to deal with that headache next week, after a win Saturday arvo!

Can't afford to focus on any more than selecting the best possible 22 to win Saturday.

Can we stop the Reid talk? He ain't playing lol. The dude is done. Varcoe will come in for degoey and aish or shaz for Greenwood.

Maybe when we know that he isn't playing.

I don't think we have an alternative to be honest. Except if we bring in both Scharenberg and Magden, and then use Roughead up forward. Personally, I'd take the punt on Reid.

I think in terms of last year we have a lot of like for likes going into this prelim. Big loss is Greenwood as a bonafide tagger, but I see our outs and ins as pretty even

De Goey - Elliott
Cox - Reid (If he is selected
Varcoe - Brown (had a quiet game, but don't underestimate his class in big moments)
Langdon - Moore
Sier - Wills

And then Roughie is the big in
Sorry what? Have you tuned into any Collingwood games for the year?

Orr...geez, something else we aren't allowed to talk about

This finals series is banning a whole heap of discussions
The ironing is delicious!! LOL

I wouldn’t be putting money on that. I reckon he’s a strong chance to play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horrible conditions forecasted. This does not favour us at all even though we will be the shorter side.

In the past 2 years we have struggled in wet conditions and think the slightly larger bodies of GWS might worry us.
Did you get this forecast from Chris Scott?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back