Preview P.F. vs. GWS (Sat 21/09 4:35pm MCG) In: Reid/Aish, Out: JDG/Levi. Teams #1523

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So who are the likely in’s?
For Greenwood: Scharenberg or Aish
For De Goey: Varcoe, Daicos or Reid?

Is Sier any chance or is he heading to Essendon? Another big body against GWS might be handy. They are a bunch of massive units.

Greene and Whitfield gone. Maynard will be twiddling his thumbs. Stick him on de Boer. Give him a taste of his own medicine.

I’m sure we can find a job for Maynard. Tagging the tagger has its appeal but I’m sure Bucks will stick to his structures and make GWS worry about us!

Then what happened a week later?

Sorry we still talking about 2010, was a draw then we smashed them, thought you were talking finals not the grand finals.
But I think your submissiveness hasn't reflected the way Collingwood has played the past 20 years or so.

We've finally gotten some luck. We're well rested, playing at The G and we're only missing DeGoey, Beams and Langdon from our best two dozen players, whereas GWS are missing Ward, Coniglio, Greene, Whitfield, Patton and Delidio from their best two dozen.

Absolutely everything points to a Pies win, which makes me very, very nervous! I much prefer it when we go in as underdogs.

Sorry we still talking about 2010, was a draw then we smashed them, thought you were talking finals not the grand finals.
But I think your submissiveness hasn't reflected the way Collingwood has played the past 20 years or so.

I was talking 2018 when we were 5 goals up, got the wobbles and lost.
Clearly you have an axe to grind with me... I'm not interested sorry.

When do Collingwood ever have games "wrapped up"?
Especially in finals!!
Final siren.

That’s all well and good if we’re in front.
Otherwise...... :poo:

Team I’d be picking i think.
Based on Reid, Aish getting all clear.
Think Club will actually only make two changes.
I think my selections give us most versatility overall. Scharenberg can add extra height in the back allowing if required Moore or Roughead a spell forward or in the ruck.
Bringing in Aish allows him to go wing or back or be versatile plus gives him that extra match should we win.
If we win, I think De Goey will play as only change (save for injuries) and someone like Noble might be very unlucky. Callum has just run out of a bit of puff for my liking. Suspect he’ll stay in side.
Fascinating selection tomorrow because it will also paint a picture of GF selection if we progress.

Collingwood

B. M Scharenberg ~ J Roughead ~ B Maynard
HB. J Crisp ~ D Moore ~ J Howe
C. S Sidebottom ~ A Treloar ~ T Phillips
HF. J Stephenson ~ B Mihocek ~ C Mayne
F. J Elliott ~ B Reid ~ W Hoskin-Elliott
R. B Grundy ~ S Pendlebury (c) ~ T Adams
I. R Wills ~ J Thomas ~ J Aish ~ J Noble
C. N Buckley

E. J Madgen, T Varcoe, C Brown, J Daicos

In. Reid, Scharenberg, Aish
Out. De Goey, Greenwood (injured), Brown

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2010 prelim

Funny story on this one, I was sitting next to a tool Collingwood supporter who was continuously screaming how s**t geelong are at that game, drove me nuts coz they were a great side. Then 10 minutes into the third quarter with us up by 60odd points they kicked consecutive goals, he turns to me and says, "do you think they still have time to come back?"

Does anyone know if Leon Cameron is indigenous?
Not known as such.

As an aside he was a part owner of a Caulfield Cup winner in Mummify.

Kevin Sheedy was a part owner of Blue Diamond winner and subsequent the Sire of Black Caviar, in Bel Esprit.

You included Deledio in their ‘outs’ but fail to include Greenwood, Dunn and Cox in ours?

Yes, fair point. I genuinely forgot about Cox! In any case I reckon Reid comes in so it’s nearly like-for-like. GWS don’t have a like-for-like for Patton.

I like Greenwood but he’s near the end of his career. I still should have mentioned him to balance mentioning Delidio for them.

Dunn has been replaced by Roughead. He wouldn’t get a game now even if available. Not in our best two dozen.

I probably understated out injuries but ours are less significant that theirs. We have seasoned players such as Reid, Aish, Varcoe, Goldsack, Sier, Scharenberg all available but presently out of the team. GWS have nothing like that depth to call upon.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back