Preview P.F. vs. GWS (Sat 21/09 4:35pm MCG) In: Reid/Aish, Out: JDG/Levi. Teams #1523

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as the outs of the Giants help us, providing the Greene case isn’t over turned tomorrow night, we still must be 100% switched on from the start. They are still a very good side and can trouble us, it’s a prelim and anything is possible. We just need to go back 12 months to see that.
I do take confidence that the club will be taking this opportunity and maximizing their chances, the boys have the opportunity to get a crack at another flag if they play their best footy on Saturday afternoon, I’m getting pretty excited and just want to enjoy every moment!

Out: degoo (inj), greenwood (inj), maynard (no matchup)

In: schaz, aish, varcoe
No way Maynard gets dropped unless either his legs fall off or he so offends an opposition player that they need counselling and Maynard is suspended for being too domineering.

Last edited:

Nervous excitement starting to set in. We are in another preliminary final with a chance to go to the big dance again!!!
Particularly excited about having Elliott back, the Moore/Roughy combo, Howe, Crisp, Pendles, Treloar all fit and healthy, the emergence of Wills and Noble, the depth, experience, focus and dedication to the task of all our so called 'role players' lead by Mayney, our "about to explode" forward line , our proven ability to be able to ride the ups and downs of momentum within a game and last years finals experience.
Nervous about all the usual stuff.
Go you Magpies!!!!!

bookies odds are about right. Whitfield and Greene out certainly helps. The 1 thing that could trouble us as you mentioned is their 3 talls up forward. They are all difficult matchups
With Roughy, Moore and Howe, maybe Shaz as well, we shouldn't fear aerial balls against any club. I'd be much more worried by a group of slippery smalls, but that's not GWS.

Take this to the bank

IN : Varcoe Aish
OUT: Greenwood De goey

Is that a guess or have you heard something? Ballsy if true. Going small backfired last time. Moore back helps but not much height forward.

Is that a guess or have you heard something? Ballsy if true. Going small backfired last time. Moore back helps but not much height forward.
It’s a guess

The weather forecast is for some heavy rain prior to the game

I would love Reid to play
But it appears the slippery conditions won’t help his case

It’s a guess

Im no Chris Scott, but 1-5mm of morning rain does not scream slippery conditions at a ground well known for its drainage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a guess

Don’t think the weather is a reason to go smaller. Wet weather footy usually means more kicking up the line so a big man is just as important in those games to compete in the contest.

Last edited:
We should win this.

We’re back playing well, the Giants have not had the rest that we’ve had, they’ve never beaten us at the MCG, they’re lacking Ward/Coniglio/Greene/Whitfield, and the likely weather conditions don’t suit their tall forward line which is their strength.

If we lose, we have no excuses.
Unfortunately, Yes they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back