Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - QF vs. Melbourne, MCG, Thurs 07/09, 7:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is our best side for next Thursday.
I go with WHE because of his versatility (Back or Forward)
and two way running. I know he shits people now and then but the guy is experienced in finals and doesn't get the credit he deserves.
Lapinski and Markov stiff to miss out but your need to put the best magnets on the board.

I think our best is capable of beating anyone on the day. The real question is can we maintain the rage, after the work our conditioning crew have
put in this year I think we can.

B Maynard Moore Quaynor
HB Howe Murphy Noble
C J Daicos Degoey Sidebottom
HF Elliot McStay MCCreery
FF Hill Mihochek Ginnivan

FOLL Cameron Crisp Pendles

IC Mitchell Adams WHE COX

EM Lapinski Markov Frampton

Coll by 20

This is the team I want, however I think they'll choose Lapinski because of his kicking I50 and skills which can be dangerous on a chain of possession.

We always have a Home Ground advantage at the G because the Magpie Army always turns up there en masse. No other team has such a potent force backing them in. The roar of the Magpie Army sends shivers down the spine, and our players are always uplifted by it. No other team has quite the same connection with its supporter base.

I think this is our best side for next Thursday.
I go with WHE because of his versatility (Back or Forward)
and two way running. I know he shits people now and then but the guy is experienced in finals and doesn't get the credit he deserves.
Lapinski and Markov stiff to miss out but your need to put the best magnets on the board.

I think our best is capable of beating anyone on the day. The real question is can we maintain the rage, after the work our conditioning crew have
put in this year I think we can.

B Maynard Moore Quaynor
HB Howe Murphy Noble
C J Daicos Degoey Sidebottom
HF Elliot McStay MCCreery
FF Hill Mihochek Ginnivan

FOLL Cameron Crisp Pendles

IC Mitchell Adams WHE COX

EM Lapinski Markov Frampton

Coll by 20

This is the team I want, however I think they'll choose Lapinski because of his kicking I50 and skills which can be dangerous on a chain of possession.
No way Markov is an out. Probably Lipinski too. Can't see this happening.
Frampton perhaps yes.

I'm retiring and finishing up next Tuesday, so no problem for me anymore. But I would not be happy if I still had to work.
Congratulations,my Collingwood brother. Time to stop worrying about things that don’t matter. Enjoy life, family and friends. If you get bored and you’re OK financially do some volunteering helping others who are struggling, you would be amazed how enjoyable it is. I’ve been doing a day or 2 per week for the last 5 or so years. The thing about volunteering is, if you’re not happy there you can always just leave. That’s FREEDOM. Cheers and congrats again.

Lol. Did Jonathan Brown just say Dee's best us convincingly on KB? 🙄 4 points?
Dees should have beaten us by more, but we had many outs that day, and we were also ravaged by flu during the week leading up to the game. I would not be using the KB game as any kind of indicator, but Jonathan Brown is a media personality who is paid to make ill thought out, superficial comments.

Dees should have beaten us by more, but we had many outs that day, and we were also ravaged by flu during the week leading up to the game. I would not be using the KB game as any kind of indicator, but Jonathan Brown is a media personality who is paid to make ill thought out, superficial comments.
I was at the game. We played like crap. And lost by 4. Convincing? Hardly 😆

Getting harder to pick a 23 with players coming back. Glad I'm not on selection panel. How do you see it?
Agree, Hard to pick. If it was up to me, Frampton and Cameron to make way for Moore and Krueger.
Cameron has been a bit average the last few.
I'd also prefer McReery to Lipinski.
I do like Lippa though. Beau is a wrecking ball. Finals type player.

Getting harder to pick a 23 with players coming back. Glad I'm not on selection panel. How do you see it?

Agree, Hard to pick. If it was up to me, Frampton and Cameron to make way for Moore and Krueger.
No Murphy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cameron desperately needs to find the form he had earlier this year he jumps like a 70 year man atm.

They probably could have smashed us if they kicked straight. But yeah in the end, it was only 4 points.
Yeah, but they didn't. So it wasn't convincing 😉

And that whole kicking straight thing shits me to tears, because we all know the ball goes back into the centre after a goal and it's a completely different scenario.

Jesus, I hope we smash them next Thursday. And thrash whoever we play after that. And then absolutely annihilate whoever we play after that 🙏

Yeah, but they didn't. So it wasn't convincing 😆

And that whole kicking straight thing shits me to tears, because we all know the ball goes back into the centre after a goal and it's a completely different scenario.

Jesus, I hope we smash them next Thursday. And thrash whoever we play after that. And then absolutely annihilate whoever we play after that. 😉

If Collingwood kick badly : Geez we were bad.
If the opposition kicks badly : Geez we were bad and the scoreboard flattered us.

Which one of you fine posters is gonna break this down for us match up by match up, pies v dees. Who will ignore their kids and partner to provide us with some analysis to ponder,. Not I said the little red hen and ate the bread herself. Brayshaw petracca Oliver viney match ups at least? If we go 2 rucks and drop jack will we be all ruck and no ginner?

Yeah, but they didn't. So it wasn't convincing 😉

Jesus, I hope we smash them next Thursday. And thrash whoever we play after that. And then absolutely annihilate whoever we play after that 🙏
If we had the players then we do now, the result would be far different.
We'll win.

If Collingwood kick badly : Geez we were bad.
If the opposition kicks badly : Geez we were bad and the scoreboard flattered us.
It's so predictable what they'll say. It's like the dead rubber games that we have lost meant we're on the slide, not the real deal, concerning, etc etc. But anyone else loses their dead rubber games, and it was smart to conserve, protect players and try new things 🙄

Thrashings is I want from us in the next 3 weeks. Shut them all up. 😂

It's so predictable what they'll say. It's like the dead rubber games that we have lost meant we're on the slide, not the real deal, concerning, etc etc. But anyone else loses their dead rubber games, and it was smart to conserve, protect players and try new things 🙄

Thrashings is I want from us in the next 3 weeks. Shut them all up. 😂

I’ve never seen a premiership year without a drawn game making the journey harder than it needed to be. ( ok sample set of two and draws won’t happen any more)

But a convincing premiership and three comfortable wins would be just rewards for us long suffering supporters.

I’ve never seen a premiership year without a drawn game making the journey harder than it needed to be. ( ok sample set of two and draws won’t happen any more)

But a convincing premiership and three comfortable wins would be just rewards for us long suffering supporters.
Bro I live in Epping I love thomastown, I love comfort. This is footy. This is anxiety.

Cameron really has to step up and improve his work rate around the ground. But I would prefer Cox in as many centre bounces against Gawn as he can he generally plays well against Gawn and is a better tap ruckman than Cameron.

Dees don’t really have a super tall Key forward so need our midfield to keep the heat and apply the pressure on their mids. Viney, Trac and Oliver are clearance beasts but love the no look long and high kicks which we expect Moore, IQ and co to pick them off in the air.

Like others mentioned, keep the ball low bringing it inside 50 against May and Lever. I remember Rd 21 last year when we defeated them those 2 did not have an intercept mark in our forward 50 all night. We were awesome that night.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back