Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 10 vs. SYDNEY - Gabba, Thur 06/08 @ 5:40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

That was probably 1 of the Worst Trades we ever did.

Sent us Backwards.

Lions Ripped us off Big Time
And the worst I’ve heard is the Lions always intended to trade him to the Pies but waited until the last minute to screw the most out of us. Well played Lions.

Could we play Cameron and Cox in the same team?

Cox can play close to goal with Stephenson and Varcoe at his feet.

Cameron up the ground where he seems to take more marks.
I was giving this some thought and the only concern is Cameron would be too gassed running around at CHF to then relieve Grundy in the ruck.
However, Cameron could also ruck the forward 75m of the ground while holding down CHF and leave Grundy a kick behind the play. Grundy would ruck the whole game but cover far less ground.

Not for me. It has to be Reid and one of Cameron or Cox IMO.
This could still work.
If there was no risk of injury, Reid would be ideal at CHF but I wouldn’t like Reid covering huge distances playing that position. We could play him out of the square and still have Cameron at CHF. Perhaps they could switch for a few minutes occasionally. Cox however could not hold down CHF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was giving this some thought and the only concern is Cameron would be too gassed running around at CHF to then relieve Grundy in the ruck.
However, Cameron could also ruck the forward 75m of the ground while holding down CHF and leave Grundy a kick behind the play. Grundy would ruck the whole game but cover far less ground.

The only times we “play well” are when we can impose forward pressure. Would be difficult with Cox and Cameron in the 50 together.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ive been a big supporter of Cox - but Cameron has better hands and a booming kick both of which are significant upgrades on Cox with his recent disappointing form.
That said - it’s important selection pressure on Cox and if he responds by lifting his game then it’s a great problem to have 2 guys fighting for the same spot.
Love the positivity. But I wish it seemed more like a fight rather than a limping withdrawal to the scratch matches

I think the one unanimously agreed out is Josh Thomas, Pitty the wee man moved on, could have taken some of the heat.
I’m think Thomas is more of a victim of out ball movement then anything and I’m not convinced a replacement could do better. I’d rather keep him in the side and fix our structures than drop him for someone else who likely won’t perform either.

Not for me. It has to be Reid and one of Cameron or Cox IMO.
Cameron is the most athletic out of all of them, so for mine it’s Cameron and one of Cox/Reid

And we still have Cox who can ruck in that hypothetical scenario.

The only times we “play well” are when we can impose forward pressure. Would be difficult with Cox and Cameron in the 50 together.

Our small forwards don’t apply enough pressure.No point playing them and hoping they apply pressure.

Tackles I50 per game:
WHE - 1
JT - 1
Brown - .5
Atu - 1
Stephenson - 1

Our forwards don’t tackle.

It would make it easier to our small to get to the fall of the ball and lock it up though.

Would love to see these possible changes:
1. Out Madgen, In Roughead.

Although Madgen may be better than Keane, I'd love to see Keane not playing on a teams best goal kicking tall forward. Keane also took half of the game to get to start getting some touches of the ball. May feel more comfortable this week.

2. Out Thomas, In Broomhead or Appleby

Thomas hasnt been as good since a couple of years ago. I feel if Broomhead doesnt get any games this year, he wont remain on our list much longer.

3. Out Mayne (if he needs a rest), In Wills.

Mayne had minimal impact last week, but if fit should play. Would love to have both Sier and Wills in the team. Would make sense to use one of them in a 'Degoey' forward line role.

Other possible changes i'd like:
Would love to see Scharenberg back in the side as i still see him in our back 6 defenders at the current moment. Although Varcoe is needed in our team atm i feel he isn't consistent enough to be playing when we have a full squad.

Thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back