Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 10 vs. SYDNEY - Gabba, Thur 06/08 @ 5:40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is Madgen still in?? Like, I would much rather have Scharenberg. Swans don't even have any major forwards who Moore and Roughy can't handle. so explain why Madgen is in the squad? PLUS we have Ruscoe who can play the third tall. I have false hope Madgen is a late out, but can't see that happening. So flat regarding these changes.

Why is Madgen still in?? Like, I would much rather have Scharenberg. Swans don't even have any major forwards who Moore and Roughy can't handle. so explain why Madgen is in the squad? PLUS we have Ruscoe who can play the third tall. I have false hope Madgen is a late out, but can't see that happening. So flat regarding these changes.
Sounds like you’re a bit anxious

Dont mind the changes, and short turn-arounds etc. means many will get their chance.

But Callum Brown again is nauseating.
This. C. Brown has been disappointing this year. Everyime he gets the ball, he will either shank it, or do some 360 and act like he's some sort of gymnast, and gets caught holding the ball 2-3 times a match. Offers nothing at all.

This. C. Brown has been disappointing this year. Everyime he gets the ball, he will either shank it, or do some 360 and act like he's some sort of gymnast, and gets caught holding the ball 2-3 times a match. Offers nothing at all.

Bang on. What does he actually do at an average level, let alone above average?

the fact the ruscoe is playing shows me that selection is much about rotating the list as selecting on merit at the moment and for the next few weeks. the likes of ruscoe and keane is pretty similiar to someone like thomas playing. i don't want thomas playing either but i dont know if its worth getting annoyed about. he may be playing now so he wont be moving forward.

Wouldn't be surprised if we lose.

Wouldn't think so to this Swans team. If we turn up with the same intent that we showed in the Freo game, then it will be a slog to win.
I am believing we will turn up with more of an effort around the contested footy, and our midfield are wanting to atone for their performance last Sunday. If these two things happen, we should win comfortably.

Must be a pretty incriminating photo he has of Bucks.

I have no words how he’s getting games ahead of brooms/apples. I know form is hard to get back without vfl but geeze. Maybe they plan on giving him a rub rotating wing with brown I don’t know

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to see Ruscoe get his chance. Reckon he will go well.
Roughead a good in for Keane.
Reidy has looked decent in the highlights from scratch matches so hopefully he can keep the momentum going - as others said I would have liked to see him play alongside Cameron and Mihochek but obviously the coaching panel prefer Checkers with 1 tall.

Surprised Brown is back in to be honest - that’s the only selection I would have preferred someone else like Broomhead to get a chance.

Thomas very lucky.

How I see hope to see us line up:

B - Quaynor Roughead Noble
HB - Maynard Moore Crisp
C - Phillips Treloar Sidebottom
HF - Daicos Mihochek WHE
F - Elliott Reid Stephenson
R - Grundy Adams Sier
INT - Ruscoe Madgen Brown Thomas

The best bit out of the Buckley presser was the news that Langdon has so far pulled up ok from the scratch match. Feel so much for him after what he's been through. Here's hoping he can get back out there for a proper match at some point.
Yes, stoked for Langers. It is about time

I'd be happy to play the Madge up forward for a qrt.. he can snag one.. we can retire him.. he can then have a few frames of himself in the billiard room.. of him playing against the big bud on 2 separate occasions.. a frame of himself snagging one with all the lads stacks on his back.. he can tell his grandkids he was a good player in his heyday. Just don't tell how many the bud snagged on ya re.. don't tell em it's the only snag ya kicked in your career.. and don't tell em you only played the 10 re.

I'm done man.

Last week I complained that Phillips and Mayne was quite possibly the worst wing pairing in the history of football.

Well it obviously hit a nerve with the Selection Committee coz they’ve gone out of their way to prove me wrong by naming an even worse pairing this week, with Phillips and Brown.

Someone on the Committee has a very warped sense of humour!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Cox apparently rucked for the bulk of the practice game against Freo. Dont be surprised if he replaces Grundy.
That is a better option I reckon, even though Grundy wins the hitouts he seldom taps it to our advantage, either it goes into an opposition mid or he taps it to himself and then gets tackled. Cox does better in the limited time he gets, whether he has the tank to ruck and run for a full game - that is a question

I'm stoked to see Ruscoe in the side! Love a debut! Surprised its this early on but he looks a prospect. Looks like he'll have a crack.
I don't know what it is but I have a good feeling about him. A good size and shows some aggression. Cant wait to see him take his opportunity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back