Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 10 vs. SYDNEY - Gabba, Thur 06/08 @ 5:40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

WCoast and Freo kicked a combined 25.3 against us over the past two games - and many of them very tough shots. Unreal conversion.

We have an uncanny ability to bring out the best in opposition teams!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Haha. Fair comment but if tonight is their low point of the season, they’ve got a few more low teams to play them into form and can’t deny the impact of pendles, de G, Howe/Langdon. The get out of wa now and at their best are better than anyone

Mate, we seriously would struggle to beat Adelaide. You watching the same games as me, we cant f'ing score. You wont beat any team if you can't score.
Our game plan is built about preventing the opposition from scoring, and that's it. We have no offensive game at all. Plus the game style Bucks and his doubles partner Sanderson have developed, is about winning the ball in congestion and scoring of that, , and then all getting back to the D50 when we don't have the footy. This is a tiring, draining game style on the players.
Right now if we played Port Melbourne we would lose. The Sydney game is a must win, but right now it is a toss of the coin, because our game style evens up the competition.
Other sides that have a offensive attacking game style, smash teams below them, we don't have that. So to me Bucks is right now implemented a game style to prolong his coaching career, but right now it is unravelling.

so Buckley knew Keane would get slaughtered and still picked him ?
Ok then !!

He wasn't the reason we lost anyway and tbh he wasn't as bad as made out, yes he was beaten and made some mistakes but its a learning curve. KPP need time especially 2nd year Irish KPP.

I would've like Keen to come in and play as a 3rd tall defender and had Roughy still be at FB.

Moore is the best we have buuttttt defense defense defense, even if he is an offensive defender, it is off the back of his ability to defend firstly that Bucks loves him there.

Bucks thinks this Gameplan stop us getting Flogged but no chance of us winning because can't Score.

Haha. Fair comment but if tonight is their low point of the season, they’ve got a few more low teams to play them into form and can’t deny the impact of pendles, de G, Howe/Langdon. The get out of wa now and at their best are better than anyone

Richmond had 7 of their best 22 out and still won games of footy, no excuses about personnel

Mate, we seriously would struggle to beat Adelaide. You watching the same games as me, we cant f'ing score. You wont beat any team if you can't score.
Our game plan is built about preventing the opposition from scoring, and that's it. We have no offensive game at all. Plus the game style Bucks and his doubles partner Sanderson have developed, is about winning the ball in congestion and scoring of that, , and then all getting back to the D50 when we don't have the footy. This is a tiring, draining game style on the players.
Right now if we played Port Melbourne we would lose. The Sydney game is a must win, but right now it is a toss of the coin, because our game style evens up the competition.
Other sides that have a offensive attacking game style, smash teams below them, we don't have that. So to me Bucks is right now implemented a game style to prolong his coaching career, but right now it is unravelling.

Exactly it is a game saving and stay competitive game plan, rather then a system built to win the ultimate and do so with confidence. Bring the match down to a quagmire so both teams struggle and hope you got on the board early enough to hold on.

He taps to a non existent midfield. We are the Claytons midfield, the midfield you have, when you don't have a midfield....
Adams was horrible tonight with fumbles.
Beyond that though, our ground level play is a major strength of this team. We really dominate most teams when the ball is down low/ in a contest/ moving the ball off half back.
These are just my basic observations but grundy’s ineffective - if not counter productive- tap work is sticking out like dog’s bs

He would be sensational at the Saints, Moore, as they have a attacking game style to suit his style of defence.

He'd be sensational at any club who played him forward and had an attacking game plan that can be implemented for more then a quarter.

Whilst it is great that Moore can intecept and provide drive you dont actually need him to be the main driver behind it, you can have a good solid KP defender and then have a Howe or Langdon or orther intercept and have IQ Crips or other running off them to deliver.

This then allows us to use an ACTUAL OFFENSIVE weapon up the end of the ground that actually matters kicking goals and making contests for smalls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder where an AFL level coach would play Moore?? I suppose we'll never know.

I think at a minimum they wouldn't be defiant in the face of the fact this team struggles up one end of the ground and that they have a potentially elite KPF sitting in defense.

At a minimum I could see a coach at least giving him a block of games to see how it looks and structures us moving forward, of course this also relies on game style tweaks to not be so defensive at stoppages or in the way move the ball or in the way we structure (stop the *ing fwds coming too far down the ground).

Our fwds still press very deep past the center circle deeper then nearly all sides including Freo who held Tabanar and a few smalls back off it.

Exactly it is a game saving and stay competitive game plan, rather then a system built to win the ultimate and do so with confidence. Bring the match down to a quagmire so both teams struggle and hope you got on the board early enough to hold on.
I reckon it's worse than that - maximise inside 50s and hope that the ball somehow scrambles through the big sticks occasionally.

He'd be sensational at any club who played him forward and had an attacking game plan that can be implemented for more then a quarter.

Whilst it is great that Moore can intecept and provide drive you dont actually need him to be the main driver behind it, you can have a good solid KP defender and then have a Howe or Langdon or orther intercept and have IQ Crips or other running off them to deliver.

This then allows us to use an ACTUAL OFFENSIVE weapon up the end of the ground that actually matters kicking goals and making contests for smalls.

I have to respectfully disagree. He's an AA CHB. You don't mess about and chuck him forward. The two positions are completely different. And I don't think he's the type to lead up to the footy, he does his best zoning off behind the play and reading the opposition.

Yeah, u might be right but I’m hoping we’ve got enough forward line dynamics to work. At the moment we have Jamie Elliott playing midfield because pendles/sidey/de goey out

I wonder where an AFL level coach would play Moore?? I suppose we'll never know.

Play CHB but that coach would be able to implement a offensive game to allow Moore to use his run and carry and set up offensive plays.
Unfortunately he has this f'd up gamestyle, that he needs to stop in his tracks, because he has no forward options to kick to, and everyone is in or around D50....it is a serious f'ing joke that we have this magnificent athlete, and we cannot utilise his strengths!!!

Yeah, u might be right but I’m hoping we’ve got enough forward line dynamics to work. At the moment we have Jamie Elliott playing midfield because pendles/sidey/de goey out

This whole playing players out of position is ridiculous. We have JT that started as a midfielder who can't get a touch up forward. Why would we not let him play his natural position and have Elliott play forward and provide a target.

I reckon it's worse than that - maximise inside 50s and hope that the ball somehow scrambles through the big sticks occasionally.

How'd you see Sier tonight? copped a lot of blocking and holding from Blakey stopping him coming through, Longmuire must rate him enough to put time into him.

I thought he was ok but still bit passive needs to start really getting some anger around the contest, seemed to look heavy in the legs tonight too in 2018 seemed to have a bit more zip from congestion and in transition.

Liked some of his roving to Grundy and did enough, imo need to play him for the rest of the year and like other Bucks favorites (JT, C.Brown, Maynbe, Phillips WHE) let him ride out the flat spots.

Play CHB but that coach would be able to implement a offensive game to allow Moore to use his run and carry and set up offensive plays.
Unfortunately he has this f'd up gamestyle, that he needs to stop in his tracks, because he has no forward options to kick to, and everyone is in or around D50....it is a serious f'ing joke that we have this magnificent athlete, and we cannot utilise his strengths!!!

Clarko would test him out up fwd 100%.

But the forward line dynamics are hindered by the gamestyle. We like everything congested, make a contested situation out of every forward entry. We are a defensive coached team, that is now killing this club's chances of winning a flag.
Look how open the Saints, Port, Brisbane, even Carlton play. No matter who is up forward, they will score. We have no idea how to use the footy once we get to midway point of the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back