Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 11 vs. ADEL - AO, Tues 11/08 @ 6:35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond have rested Cotchin due to his hamstring history. Wouldve been nice to see the same with Treloar last week... SURELY Moore and Elliot are due with their history.
The plan was to rest Treloar this week. We'll never know, but I wonder how much the timing was impacted by the injuries to Pendlebury and DeGoey.

I don’t think we should be taking this game lightly at all.

A lot of talk about resting a host of superstars on top of guys we will be losing already, on top of the guys already sitting out.

Dont think we can afford to go into this game missing all of Pendles, Treloar, Howe, Langdon, Grundy, Moore, JDG, Elliott, IQ etc and have included those other names bc they are already sitting out.

Think we will keep it simple - Treloar and IQ out, Mayne and Varcoe in.
Probably T Brown in to replace JT possibly? Cameron to come in but only if Reid needs a spell.

We need to keep stringing along wins and that requires as much consistency as possible. We will have our bye to come within the next 3/4 weeks so the boys will be fine.

A lot of talk about resting a host of superstars on top of guys we will be losing already, on top of the guys already sitting out.

Dont think we can afford to go into this game missing all of Pendles, Treloar, Howe, Langdon, Grundy, Moore, JDG, Elliott, IQ etc and have included those other names bc they are already sitting out.

Probably T Brown in to replace JT possibly? Cameron to come in but only if Reid needs a spell.

We need to keep stringing along wins and that requires as much consistency as possible. We will have our bye to come within the next 3/4 weeks so the boys will be fine.

Think you're missing someone.

What Happens IF those players get Injured and Miss more then 1 Game.

We need a Fully Fit Side with Good Players to beat Melbourne.

Before we consider Cox: Lets remember its gonna be bucketing 5-10MM of rain.
If they rest Grundy, l would make cox his replacement and leave the forward line small

Considering we play Melbourne 4 days later, there is no way Grundy rucks even 50% of the game, should he play on Tuesday. Either he plays as the second ruck/playing as a tall forward, or he doesn't play at all, or he plays ruck, and doesn't play against Melbourne.
Surely we can't have his body getting battered in the ruck in 3 consecutive games in the space of 12 days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh I hate Mayne. But reading the Collingwood website, sounds like he's a shoe in. Huge sigh.
You were missing whe from your outs.

Chris Mayne
A likely inclusion after being rested against Sydney.

Flynn Appleby
With Hoskin-Elliott unlikely this could be Appleby’s chance. Has been very good as a high forward in the reserves games.

Rupert Wills
No Treloar gives Wills another possible opportunity. Can Wills and Sier play in the same team? Time will tell.

Tim Broomhead
Emergency for round 10. Similar to Appleby, could be a fitting replacement for Hoskin-Elliott. Broomhead hasn’t played a senior game in over 800 days.

Tyler Brown
Hasn’t played senior football since round five. Another option to replace Treloar.

Travis Varcoe
Missed round ten due to personal reasons. A chance to return as a running half-back.

Max Lynch
Kicked a couple of goals in the scrimmage againappest Sydney. Lynch is yet to debut and continues to develop.

Appleby fumbler.......watch.

lol not who I'm talking about.

You know.. the other bloke who got injured?( though he will be ok)

WHE.
Don’t know how he got to Mayne, after missing WHE

I like listening to Craig Jennings on SEN on Thursday’s. They call him the strategy expert. He actually talked about resting players a couple of weeks ago. His theory was to play the best side available against the weaker sides because they are the “must win” games.
A few people have suggested resting Grundy but I want us to throw everything we have left at this game.

It might be better to rest Grundy vs Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back