Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 11 vs. ADEL - AO, Tues 11/08 @ 6:35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t understand why everybody is on the Lynch bandwagon. Surely if Grundy is rested then Cox or Cameron come in.
I suspect that if Grundy is out (and i suspect Reid will be too) then both Cameron and Cox will come in to share the burden.

We are better odds on Sportsbet to win the premiership then Geelong

that’s ridiculous

2 weeks ago I was looking at this game as the one to rest players.

I don't think we have that luxury anymore. We are sitting in 8th spot, and have a tricky game next week against a side who is currently only 2 points behind us on the ladder with a game in hand.

For me, this is actually the most important game of the year. Every other side will use Adelaide as a percentage booster and easy 4 points. Even North Melbourne beat them by a whopping margin! If we lost this game, we basically hand 4 points and percentage to the rest of the competition, and can close up for the season.

We need a strong side, and we need to put the game to bed early so we can manage players. This will put us a comfortable 6 points inside the top 8, and if we win by enough we will even leap from Richmond.

The home and away season is merely about banking points. As long as we beat the sides we should, we make the top 8. If we win this, and build some form, then it is not unforeseeable that we still make a run late if we get some players back. We'll get Pendlebury back next week which will help a lot.

Play a strong side this week and put the game away early.

I don’t understand why everybody is on the Lynch bandwagon. Surely if Grundy is rested then Cox or Cameron come in.
I think because Lynch has been around for a long time now and hasn't seen the field. As good a time as any to rotate him in with such a condensed schedule. He needs to show something soon to be worth keeping around, even if he does make a good social media appearance now and again

I don't think we have that luxury anymore. We are sitting in 8th spot, and have a tricky game next week against a side who is currently only 2 points behind us on the ladder with a game in hand.

For me, this is actually the most important game of the year. Every other side will use Adelaide as a percentage booster and easy 4 points. Even North Melbourne beat them by a whopping margin! If we lost this game, we basically hand 4 points and percentage to the rest of the competition, and can close up for the season.

We need a strong side, and we need to put the game to bed early so we can manage players. This will put us a comfortable 6 points inside the top 8, and if we win by enough we will even leap from Richmond.

The home and away season is merely about banking points. As long as we beat the sides we should, we make the top 8. If we win this, and build some form, then it is not unforeseeable that we still make a run late if we get some players back. We'll get Pendlebury back next week which will help a lot.

I tend to agree, obviously this year is different but never a big fan of not going in with your best team. We need to win this and win it well if we plan on finishing above Richmond. If we are OK with finishing below Richmond then we just need a win.

We need to make sure of this one.

I just doubt Reid backs up. Cox in for Reid.

Cox and Grundy go genuine 50/50 ruck duties. Even if it's just 40/60 or 30/70 in Cox's favour.

Max Lynch can't debut against someone like O'Brien or Gawn IMO.
Cox in for Grundy. Cameron in for Reid. Share the duties 50/50.

you see the team Sydney fielded mate?. Virtually there reserves and still nearly beat us.
They didn't have Reid, Sinclair or Mcartin when they played Richmond and the tiges only kicked 5 goals against them. It was the smallest AFL side in history.They had their two key position players and Sinclair back for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They didn't have Reid, Sinclair or Mcartin when they played Richmond and the tiges only kicked 5 goals against them. It was the smallest AFL side in history.They had their two key position players and Sinclair back for us.

Yeah I actually think we improved a lot last week against Sydney. They have been playing some dour, uninspiring footy all year. Even the Saints the week earlier took until the last quarter to really break them open. I reckon we were looking like we were going to do that too until we copped 3 injuries and were left with only Ruscoe on the bench who was gassed. In fact, I reckon the Quaynor injury almost saved us in some regards because it gave us 5 minutes to get our breath back.

We just need to be a lot smarter with our ball use going forward, and also need to put some bloody crumbers at the feet of the talls. But we were a lot sharper around the ball and in clearances. Obviously accuracy helps.

We created 20 scoring opportunities against the Swans. If we kick 10.10, that's probably all we need given our tight defence. There were comfortably 4+ opportunities that were absolute sitters. So I think overall it was a big improvement. Still a fair bit to improve on though to match the best.

I think because Lynch has been around for a long time now and hasn't seen the field. As good a time as any to rotate him in with such a condensed schedule. He needs to show something soon to be worth keeping around, even if he does make a good social media appearance now and again

A 200cm aerobic beast has got to have some utility, or at least tried in a few positions.
Unless he has glaring limitations that I'm not aware of - happy to be enlightened on this point.

A 200cm aerobic beast has got to have some utility, or at least tried in a few positions.
Unless he has glaring limitations that I'm not aware of - happy to be enlightened on this point.
As someone else said on here (forgot who), he's got the hair of a FB. I say give him a run there maybe.

we can’t play a strong side atm given we have 8 best 22 missing including 4 of our top 6 Players 🙃. I still think we will win, and should but the melb game is going to be an uphill battle

neither of those two were mentioned as possible ins, Lynch was mentioned in the clubs article. Think that may be a reason why.

neither of those two were mentioned as possible ins, Lynch was mentioned in the clubs article. Think that may be a reason why.

I think it would be a mistake to play Lynch. The only combination that might work could be Cox and Lynch.

Lynch and Cameron would be a bad combination with zero or at least unproven firepower in the forward line.

Personally I’d play Reid, bugger the four day break. Cox or Cameron to play first ruck.

But I’d definitely want to rest Grundy.

Grundy being played out of position as some sort of attempt to rest him is an idiotic suggestion. If North did the same with Goldstein then no wonder they are in the position they are in.

I didn't suggest it as solely as a way to rest him, but maybe minimise his engine room time to allow him to play against Melbourne as well.

He either misses the Adelaide game or plays some time forward.

He could still present as a target and have an impact as a marking forward. He'd also be there in case the game hangs in the balance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back