Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 11 vs. ADEL - AO, Tues 11/08 @ 6:35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

If you know that he’s being managed and the ear is an excuse then why the angst? They were never taking him, Moore or Reid to Adelaide with their soft tissue history.
It was more a comment that we can lose players for the most ridiculous things like when they cop a clip to the ear.

I’m well aware of the injury history of those three, but I‘m still somewhat surprised to see all three miss, considering we knew Treloar, WHE and IQ would miss what is a must win game.

It goes without saying that it is not smart player management if resting these players (including Jamie) results in a loss.

If the wholesale changes pay off then fine, but a loss should see a huge amount of pressure applied to the coaching group and players. I would certainly consider it a game, and probably a season lost at selection.

9 of selected team I'd rate as mediocre by AFL standards and that's pretty high.
Taht didn't include Mihocek, Stevo, Phillips, Madge who are all having rather luke warm impact at present, but Madge should improve only been back for 2 weeks.
Did include Sier, Thomas who need to lift for this game, and Dunn coz can't expect much for first game back for so long off a knee.
Some of these players plus rookies like cameron and Rusco will have to pull significant games out of the bag in order to gt the win.

Not super confident but gut tells me will rise to the occasion somehow.
At least it makes it interesting and challenging instead of a pencil-in job.
-

I don’t mind the changes, given just how many injuries we have again.

again, Jesus.

we are missing class, but with Pendlebur, Howe, De Goey all injured, that’s to be expected. If we can just scrap a couple more wins In the near future, the season won’t be A total shocker.

Murphy is an emergency, so I'm sure he shouldn't be too far away from playing at some point.
At this rate I reckon I am pretty close to being named emergency! There aren't that many names left off the emergency list given lack of availability for this game.

It was more a comment that we can lose players for the most ridiculous things like when they cop a clip to the ear.

I’m well aware of the injury history of those three, but I‘m still somewhat surprised to see all three miss, considering we knew Treloar, WHE and IQ would miss what is a must win game.

It goes without saying that it is not smart player management if resting these players (including Jamie) results in a loss.

If the wholesale changes pay off then fine, but a loss should see a huge amount of pressure applied to the coaching group and players. I would certainly consider it a game, and probably a season lost at selection.
I’d rather lose the game than lose those 3 to a long term soft tissue injury, which is what it always is with them.

Season on the line tonight, I think this is the weakest side on paper I can remember including pre season games.

Broomhead - broken leg
Wills - slow as f
Cameron - Jesse White
Dunn - 2 knee reco’s
Mayne/Varcoe - 30+

We are the Chuck Rhodes of football.

Chuck's a winner with a wicked turn of phrase. I'd be happy with that.

Although he's also a masochist, which is more difficult to endure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The best thing about this team is that we have two players that have come back from some serious time away, win, lose or draw both need to be commended for the effort to get back.

Let's just win and best of it to Broomhead and Dunny

Best team in any season is the one finishing on Top - that is an inarguable fact.
Performance over 22 weeks is a far more robust sample size, than results against one team.

That would be correct if it was a 34 round season with no finals.

All the minor premier wins is the right to a home qualifying final. Sometimes they even win the Grand Final but more often than not, they don’t.

Collingwood wasn’t unequivocally the best team in 2011 just because they won one more home and away game than Geelong.... who they couldn’t beat..... at best it was a tie. Both clubs would have been worthy premiers.

Man what is with clubs dropping their duds when they come up against us? Was Blakey last week and now Kelly and Jones this week.

Don't worry. We've still got Mackay and Hartigan in the side.

That would be correct if it was a 34 round season with no finals.

All the minor premier wins is the right to a home qualifying final. Sometimes they even win the Grand Final but more often than not, they don’t.

Collingwood wasn’t unequivocally the best team in 2011 just because they won one more home and away game than Geelong.... who they couldn’t beat..... at best it was a tie. Both clubs would have been worthy premiers.

I think we were the better side as an overall but Geelong matched up well against us in personnel and game style. We limped into the GF and then had micks alter ego come to the game as Madhouse took over like leaving an injured Reid to get beaten up by Hawkins which led to some momentum swinging moments.

Grundy rested? It’s not a feckin day spa.

I can’t see him being rested unless he is injured (so that he can’t contribute) or injury-prone. He is not injury-prone.

he's playing like he needs a rest and is human like all players, excess wear and tear now could have us with a 28 yo broken down ruck on a million a season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back