Unofficial Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 11 vs. Carlton, Sun 29/05, 3:20pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

There's that. We might not be giving Ollie's defensive game enough credit.

Having said that, it's a stretch to assert that he's a replacement for McCreery on that front. :)
That's certainly true, but Ollie has other strings to his bow.
Even against the Bulldogs, he was getting his hands on the ball.
Beau just didn't get much footy last week, but he'll be back soon enough.

There's that. We might not be giving Ollie's defensive game enough credit.

Having said that, it's a stretch to assert that he's a replacement for McCreery on that front. :)

I don't think you are. Henry had 18 pressure acts last week. He got the job done both ways. Defense and attack.

I'm a big fan of Beau, love what the kid can do but Kappa is right about his current impact. It's not enough. Pains me to say it because I enjoy being right.

If Ollie can have a stint in the 2s, so can McCreery.

Hopefully he takes full advantage of a week or 2 in the 2s and comes back to f* s* up.

I would have agreed and offered you a like but when you start suggesting Kappa is right you just lose all credibility.

Will be watching this with 2 ten year old boys that I have turned from Blues supporters to Pie supporters. Bought them a cap and scarf.

Two sets of parents are not happy!:)
Great job Maggie.
Women leading the way in Victorian politics and footy.

I actually edited my post before you responded by suggesting that it could work if Elliott plays a different forward role. Eg. not the full forward target.

So I think we're on the same page. For me though, I'd like to see WHE out of the forward line if Henry and Cameron are in it. Not enough loose ball or defensive heat.

I think he was pushed out more by WHE and Henry both having good games against Freo. I hope it works, but don't think we'll lock it in as effectively and get as many repeat entry or messily worked goals. WHE, Henry, Cameron and Ginni isn't a physically impressive forward group for contests or pressure. It's one too many who don't smash in for me.
I'm not a 'if he doesn't smash in he's not a player' type - only so long as he brings other important aspects.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back