Unofficial Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 11 vs. Carlton, Sun 29/05, 3:20pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought the same. He's going nowhere. We win or lose based on our pressure, particularly against a team with a strong midfield.. We're going to have to get the ball back off them a lot this week.
THis really is the key to our game at the moment. We know we dont win the clearance/contested battle, it will probably be even more skewed this week against a team with a strong mid group.
On re watching most of the Dockers game, the conditions really did help our 'counter punching' game and we probably need to temper expectations this week just a touch. The other clear thing to draw from teh Dockers game V the week before was how much more dangerous the fwd line was with Elliott and Ginni back ( aside from better contribution from WHE and Conversion from Henry)
So, can we win the ball back often enough is the key question, no doubt.

THis really is the key to our game at the moment. We know we dont win the clearance/contested battle, it will probably be even more skewed this week against a team with a strong mid group.
On re watching most of the Dockers game, the conditions really did help our 'counter punching' game and we probably need to temper expectations this week just a touch. The other clear thing to draw from teh Dockers game V the week before was how much more dangerous the fwd line was with Elliott and Ginni back ( aside from better contribution from WHE and Conversion from Henry)
So, can we win the ball back often enough is the key question, no doubt.

The other big question for me is defence. Will we keep a strong structure behind the ball like it appeared to be against Freo, or will the wings and half backs get on their bikes and look for that attacking wave running that can be so damaging when it works, but leaves the defence really exposed when it is countered and we turn it over.

Well that's an exaggeration....
Carlton are an excellent team this year and we will have to be at our best to have a genuine chance against them. Ginnivan gives us some x factor that no other permanent forward really offers (with the possible exception of Henry). With him in the side, we have Mihochek, Ginnivan, Henry, Elliott and McCreery in attack, with contributions from JDG.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G
Interesting point made on The Couch by Brownie - said Voss as his coach was infuriating in constantly doing tackle evasion drills.
He then showed examples of how Carlton have been using these same skills so well this season - hopefully Fly has a counter measure.
Ginni is running training 🤣

What's the deal with this Stocker fella and why should our forwards be scared of him?

According to the Carlton board, he cleaned up Mihocek last year (Highlights video on YouTube of the game didn't show it) and they're hoping he hurts Ginny on Sunday.

EDIT:

Okay so he likes a bit of pushing and shoving and put a nice little shepherd on Checkers (1:33 in the video).

Cool story :rolleyes::thumbsu: I'm sure our forwards are are gonna have some sleepless nights worrying about Stocker pulling at their jumpers on Sunday....

Last edited:
Is that an apology I hear?
Chris, you’ve posted a picture of some players with a person who has an emoji as a face. Are you offering this as proof of your association with these players?

Carlton are an excellent team this year and we will have to be at our best to have a genuine chance against them. Ginnivan gives us some x factor that no other permanent forward really offers (with the possible exception of Henry). With him in the side, we have Mihochek, Ginnivan, Henry, Elliott and McCreery in attack, with contributions from JDG.
Mate, Carlton are pretenders and will be exposed on Sunday.

Chris, you’ve posted a picture of some players with a person who has an emoji as a face. Are you offering this as proof of your association with these players?

HAHAHA, how many photos do you want me to post? 😂

I rather you not have a photo of my face for safe keeping. 😂

If you don’t believe me still, not my issue now. Haha

HAHAHA, how many photos do you want me to post? 😂

I rather you not have a photo of my face for safe keeping. 😂

If you don’t believe me still, not my issue now. Haha
All that matters is if you believe in yourself Chris.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back