Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 11 vs. Geelong, MCG Sat 29/05 @ 1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only it was a simple as getting rid of the players some posters don't like. But without even looking at what their respective contracts were at the time, that would totally ignore that Aish was also a salary dump. Madge wouldn't be on anything close to the same salary so that'd then mean you have to offload another player as well. It'd also ignore that the player your trading is desirable to another team. Aish had some value in that regard, Madge not so much so I'd imagine.

Maybe it's not as much like fantasy footy as we'd like.

Aish lot better then Madgen but Aish left because we could not Guarantee him we would of Re-Signed him

Aish lot better then Madgen but Aish left because we could not Guarantee him we would of Re-Signed him
correct. It wasn't an either or Or. He could have stayed for his contract, but we couldn't guarantee him another contract at that point. Freo offered 3, so he took it. Was more security than anything.

This club is a circus.
You play Adams and then he misses the next week....so was he even ready to begin with?

Madgen back in the line up? Why?

I cant wait for Nathan and his bunch of yes men to just get out.
From memory, this is AT LEAST the third time Adams has been allowed to come back too early and lasted one game or less.

He clearly pushes himself hard to get back as fast as possible - in a similar way to how he plays the game, to be admired, I guess. He's a competitive beast.

Once or twice for big games? Yeah, maybe worth the risk and understandable.

For a 2-7 team, with one of our key players for the next few years and likely next captain? Reckless.

(In before apologists jump in to tell me only the inner sanctum would know,, and so on... whatever)

Last edited:
correct. It wasn't an either or Or. He could have stayed for his contract, but we couldn't guarantee him another contract at that point. Freo offered 3, so he took it. Was more security than anything.

Sad to see him go but can't really Blame Him because of 3 Years Contract Guranteed then better then 1 without and Commitment past that

True Madgen is a limited backman.
Aish should have been a player to play in the middle.

Aish had no luck with Injuries but I agree should of at least Tried in the Midfield

We’re 2nd in the comp for turnovers...

so we bring in Magden (66% DE in 2021) who has no more development and won’t be on the list in 3 years

... over young Keane (78% DE) who has plenty of development left and is potentially a long term player
This is not something I care about right now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From memory, this is AT LEAST the third time Adams has been allowed to come back too early and lasted one game or less.

He clearly pushes himself hard to get back as fast as possible - in a similar way to how he plays the game, to be admired, I guess. He's a competitive beast.

Once or twice for big games? Yeah, maybe worth the risk and understandable.

For a 2-7 team, with one of our key players for the next few years and likely next captain? Reckless.

(In before apologists jump in to tell me only the inner sanctum would know,, and so on... whatever)

Not only reckless, but he's setting a terrible example as a leader for our younger players.

Rushing back from injuries is something that should only be done for must-win matches, otherwise it's utterly moronic and can end up hurting your career and team long term.

Not only reckless, but he's setting a terrible example as a leader for our younger players.

Rushing back from injuries is something that should only be done for must-win matches, otherwise it's utterly moronic and can end up hurting your career and team long term.

I'm happy to wait and see if he has reinjured himself or just needs a weeks rest due to some soreness.

And every match is a must-win...particularly when we need to move up the ladder to save Daicos points. Nearly worked too.

Like to see his midfield stats.
And time spent there.

If we're talking about Aish, played a fair bit rotating HF and wing early with us. His 2018 season the easiest to dissect given he played the 1st 5-6 games of the season on a wing before getting injured, came back on a HBF later in the year. Never moved to the midfield or forward again after that. I thought he was good enough to hold down either wing or HB if we'd retained him.

Great too see Bianco debut! Sier gets another chance, surely he plays with a bit more urgency with his career at the club going forward not looking great. Has the talent but don’t know how much he wants it.

Madgen should definitely not be in this team, offers no more than Keane who needs development time considering finals are not on the agenda. Madgen is barely vfl standard.

The selection committee never get it right!

We’re 2nd in the comp for turnovers...

so we bring in Magden (66% DE in 2021) who has no more development and won’t be on the list in 3 years

... over young Keane (78% DE) who has plenty of development left and is potentially a long term player
Yep Keane should be playing over madgen no doubt

All our emergencies played less than 5 games ...

Strange times at this club

Best of luck to young Bianco. It's pleasing to see us debut so many players this year. Sier is a good inclusion imo. Play him for the rest of the year. Get his trade value up.

Madgen is an awesome inclusion. Love it. We need his X factor.

Thread closed got to above to discuss further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back