Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 11 vs. Geelong, MCG Sat 29/05 @ 1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
More injuries, not a surprise with how the year is going. Madgen a head scratcher, I thought Keane could be a chance with that Geelong forward line

Cal Brown saved by the McCreery and Thomas injuries surely

Looking forward to seeing Bianco out there getting a run

With Thomas out I can live with Brown surviving for another week at least. Needs to be given more midfield minutes and make something of it if he's to have any future.

Geelong are a very mature bodied side so bringing in Sier and Madgen is probably a reasonable call on the surface as selecting even more of our younger talents would likely see us badly exposed physically.

Great to see Bianco debut and happy Murphy has been recalled.

I love the way the club's website spruiks Bianco's inclusion as exciting news. This is how to keep the wolves from the door. Look over here at this shiny object. Yet another debutant. This one might get a kick. Exciting times. Something is brewing. :rolleyes: They'll pinch Carlton's old marketing ploy next. Adams out with a knee after being rushed back- of no consequence. McCeery out after kicking more than one third of our goals. He'll be back! It just gets more comical with each passing week. And Madgen is back after Buckley has continually told us Keane is the future. Buckley is sending so many mixed messages he need to get a new personal assistant to write his script for the pressers. I thought Keane had his best game against Sydney. Fair enough to drop him when Roughy comes back but if we need a third tall why not Keane?

With four more injuries its hard to be too critical of the ins. Bianco finally gets a debut that people have been crying out for whilst Sier finally gets another shot... even if its by default. Murphy in off the sub bench is a no brainer

Not sure three tallish defenders on the interchange is smart though. Surely Madgen or Wilson should drop to the sub bench and and an emergency comes up. That would have to be MAcRae or Rantall because there are also two tall defenders in the emergency list!!!!

With Thomas out I can live with Brown surviving for another week at least. Needs to be given more midfield minutes and make something of it if he's to have any future.

Geelong are a very mature bodied side so bringing in Sier and Madgen is probably a reasonable call on the surface as selecting even more of our younger talents would likely see us badly exposed physically.

Great to see Bianco debut and happy Murphy has been recalled.
Exactly how many chances does Brown need to be given to show he is worthy of a place in our best 22? He's had around 60 games. Another 30?

Anyway.... Darcy playing his 100 game, congratulations!!! Well done, hopefully only a third of the way to becoming a one club player.

Sadly no-one has put their hand up to do the Game Day preview for the game, anyone like to volunteer, let me know.

I love the way the club's website spruiks Bianco's inclusion as exciting news. This is how to keep the wolves from the door. Look over here at this shiny object. Yet another debutant. This one might get a kick. Exciting times. Something is brewing. :rolleyes: They'll pinch Carlton's old marketing ploy next. Adams out with a knee after being rushed back- of no consequence. McCeery out after kicking more than one third of our goals. He'll be back! It just gets more comical with each passing week. And Madgen is back after Buckley has continually told us Keane is the future. Buckley is sending so many mixed messages he need to get a new personal assistant to write his script for the pressers. I thought Keane had his best game against Sydney. Fair enough to drop him when Roughy comes back but if we need a third tall why not Keane?

Of course its exciting news. All clubs spruik the announcement of a debutant.

Anyway.... Darcy playing his 100 game, congratulations!!! Well done, hopefully only a third of the way to becoming a one club player.

Sadly no-one has put their hand up to do the Game Day preview for the game, anyone like to volunteer, let me know.
Who are we playing?

Bucks putting his hat in the ring for worst selector of all time?

Yep. I was almost ok with extending Buckley's contract for 1 year and getting rid of the assistants. But him overseeing the selection committee and making these ridiculous picks tells me he has to go as well.

Just need a complete clean out.

Nope, I was rather hoping you might take it on and inject your unappreciated humour.;):)
It would offend too many people unfortunately. They just don’t get me like you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had 4 injuries. I say we brought in the 4 most suitable players. Madgen is a somewhat reliable experienced body which will help against the best forward line in the comp, Bianco showed promise in the VFL and keen to see what he can do, Murphy was very solid before he went down and Sier is a big body which is needed as we are missing Adams. I see nothing wrong with these inclusions

We had 4 injuries. I say we brought in the 4 most suitable players. Madgen is a somewhat reliable experienced body which will help against the best forward line in the comp, Bianco showed promise in the VFL and keen to see what he can do, Murphy was very solid before he went down and Sier is a big body which is needed as we are missing Adams. I see nothing wrong with these inclusions

Sier, Murphy and Bianco are good ins. Madgen provides nothing except taking away development opportunities of a kid. He's hardly experienced. Just an old plodder.

Who are we playing?
Gee, I got it wrong again, I am looking for someone for the Adelaide game, it is almost as if I have given us up for this game. That is twice I have got it wrong.:mad::huh:
I hate Geelong and seem to have a mental block when I think of them. Same with Melbourne as have had predominately bad experiences with their supporters.:(

Gee, I got it wrong again, I am looking for someone for the Adelaide game, it is almost as if I have given us up for this game. That is twice I have got it wrong.:mad::huh:
I hate Geelong and seem to have a mental block when I think of them. Same with Melbourne as have had predominately bad experiences with their supporters.:(
Geelong is an easy place to forget.

We are due to cop an absolute flogging at some point i reckon this could be the week.

Hard to really care anymore we are going poorly no crowds almost dont even feel like watching anymore.
I just crack beers and watch this team with little emotion anymore

Exactly how many chances does Brown need to be given to show he is worthy of a place in our best 22? He's had around 60 games. Another 30?

If you're looking for me to defend Brown then you've come to the wrong place.

However with 4 players already out injured and up against an opponent who is probably the oldest and most match hardened in the league deciding to not add a 5th change and expose another young player in Rantall or Macrae is probably a reasonable enough choice.

In reality our chances in this game aren't going to hinge on whether Brown was selected or not so we could have gone with another choice for developmental purposes (which I wouldn't have been against) but have taken a more conservative approach.

Brown, Macrae and Rantall are all better suited to midfield roles so wedging them into the 22 in a forward position should only ever be seen as a short term solution. For Brown it's been to long now, his development stalled long ago and he'd be better off playing VFL in a midfield role if he isn't going to get significant midfield opportunity at AFL level.

Any update on Adams is it just a precaution as he pulled up sore?
Bewildering that C.Brown is still in but equally is Magden. Honestly I have watched a few of the VFL games and the bloke struggles in the vfk let alone getting called up for the seniors unreal stuff.

Bewildering that C.Brown is still in but equally is Magden. Honestly I have watched a few of the VFL games and the bloke struggles in the vfk let alone getting called up for the seniors unreal stuff.
Seriously being Collingwood he could be gone for the year. I still don't know what happened to Langdon. I was there the day he got injured against Port. He was walking around the boundary and looked like he'd be back in a week or two. He never played again.

I think he tried to train today but was a bit sore. Hopefully just precaution, given he did say he was a bit sore a few days ago. We'll know in a few days

Sier, Murphy and Bianco are good ins. Madgen provides nothing except taking away development opportunities of a kid. He's hardly experienced. Just an old plodder.
Which kid deserves a game though. Henry, Randall, Ruscoe and MAcrae all showed they arent up to the standard at the minute. Why actively make us worse than we need to be?

And most likely,which ever kidyou bring in is going to be dropped next week unless he plays a blinder because we willhave some of those names returning. This way, Madgen gets dropped and he is somewhat expendable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back