Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 12 vs. MELB - Gabba, Sat 15/08 @ 5:10pm AEST

Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't have a problem with Stephenson being dropped on form I do question though whether Hoskin-Elliott should be an automatic inclusion into the 22.

His disposal and goal stats for the year are no better than Stephenson's and he's laid half as many tackles.

Agreed.WHE has been ineffective this year; and won’t play any better when injured.

Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs
Do you think that his work rate, which was top notch for the previous two years, is going to fall this dramatically without a physical reason? Attitude and work ethic don’t just magically go away over the space of a couple of months. I’m not buying the conspiracy theories.

Not saying l believe in the conspiracy theories either, but a players efforts and desire can go missing. Maybe there are other issues at play we know nothing about. The players aren't robots, so players can love the game and hate the game, just like supporters, so he maybe going through a rough patch with his efforts/desire for a multitude of reasons.
I don't buy into the fact it is his fitness, considering he even played a scratch match yesterday after playing just a couple of days beforehand.
When he was dropped the first time, Bucks did say that Stevo has to earn his spot and work on parts of his game, which he still maybe lacking in.
I desperately hope he is back soon, and can return a better player for us, as we saw in 2018...

Not saying l believe in the conspiracy theories either, but a players efforts and desire can go missing. Maybe there are other issues at play we know nothing about. The players aren't robots, so players can love the game and hate the game, just like supporters, so he maybe going through a rough patch with his efforts/desire for a multitude of reasons.
I don't buy into the fact it is his fitness, considering he even played a scratch match yesterday after playing just a couple of days beforehand.
When he was dropped the first time, Bucks did say that Stevo has to earn his spot and work on parts of his game, which he still maybe lacking in.
I desperately hope he is back soon, and can return a better player for us, as we saw in 2018...

Well it's a Really Weird Season so anything could be Possible

Back