Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 12 vs. MELB - Gabba, Sat 15/08 @ 5:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd go:

Out: Grundy (rested), Dunn, Wills, C. Brown, Broomhead
In: Cox, Moore, Pendlebury, Elliott, WHE

FB: Maynard - Roughead - Madgen
HB: Crisp - Moore - Noble
C: Sidebottom - Sier - Daicos
Fol: Cox - Pendlebury - Adams
HF: Elliott - Mihocek - WHE
FF: Stephenson - Cameron - Thomas
Int: Varcoe, Mayne, Ruscoe, Phillips

I'd rest Grundy if Gawn is out. We can't keep flogging him, he'll need a break.

Dunn unlucky, could have been Madgen, just not sure Roughead, Moore and Dunn work in the same team. Roughead out instead of Dunn if concussion is an issue.

Wills out for Pendles. I think Sier stays in, is just more impactful.

Could have raffled between Thomas and Brown. Thomas looking a little more comfortable and I hope will regain his confidence with his goal against Adelaide. He's also our most pure crumber. Forlorn hope maybe.

Not a fan of dropping Ruscoe while he's on a roll.

I'd go:

Out: Grundy (rested), Dunn, Wills, C. Brown, Broomhead
In: Cox, Moore, Pendlebury, Elliott, WHE

FB: Maynard - Roughead - Madgen
HB: Crisp - Moore - Noble
C: Sidebottom - Sier - Daicos
Fol: Cox - Pendlebury - Adams
HF: Elliott - Mihocek - WHE
FF: Stephenson - Cameron - Thomas
Int: Varcoe, Mayne, Ruscoe, Phillips

I'd rest Grundy if Gawn is out. We can't keep flogging him, he'll need a break.
Quicky, what do you think of the notion that Grundy is more important to our chances of getting the win over that Dees than he is versus North?
I'd be keen to run with our best personal to get the points this week while acknowledging Goldy will probably dominate the ruck next week but we can still win that game.
Might also depend on when our bye is, perhaps the clubs have more idea of the future fixture than we do.
Agree in principal that Grundy will benefit from a spell sooner than later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quicky, what do you think of the notion that Grundy is more important to our chances of getting the win over that Dees than he is versus North?
I'd be keen to run with our best personal to get the points this week while acknowledging Goldy will probably dominate the ruck next week but we can still win that game.
Might also depend on when our bye is, perhaps the clubs have more idea of the future fixture than we do.
Agree in principal that Grundy will benefit from a spell sooner than later.

I think Grundy is more important vs Goldstein than Pruess but the ruck won't make or break us either way. I'd pick the best time for Grundy, and I reckon that's the Dees just given his work load the last few weeks. These are decisions you need to juggle this year though. I don't envy the coaches.

no no no. Who is going to be our rebounding defender?

Maynard when he pushes back? 😂

Crisp and Noble are doing a good job rebounding. But I do get your point.

Still, Sier goes out (inj)... Maynard to the middle, slow Scharenberg into the backline.

Left field but if Pendles is less than 100% (say 90%, or else he shouldn't play), he could play off HB.

Crappy news for the Bear, but pretty sure that will lock in Wills now

Can't see Adams missing this game, who knows vs North though, with another fixture crush coming too

Crappy news for the Bear, but pretty sure that will lock in Wills now

Can't see Adams missing this game, who knows vs North though, with another fixture crush coming too

compared to what we’ve been though, our last 6 games should be relatively easier on the body. We have a 9 day break after melb, and also have a bye sometime during the last 6 games. Also we should play the remainder of games in Queensland given we’ve already been to perth, adel and syd!

I think we’ve played travel ping pong more than anyone

that said given how they screwed us this fixture, we will prob get 2 day breaks..

compared to what we’ve been though, our last 6 games should be relatively easier on the body. We have a 9 day break after melb, and also have a bye sometime during the last 6 games. Also we should play the remainder of games in Queensland given we’ve already been to perth, adel and syd!

I think we’ve played travel ping pong more than anyone

that said given how they screwed us this fixture, we will prob get 2 day breaks..
Fair chance we get Port in Adelaide...?!

Brisbane at Metricon and GC at the Gabba would be nice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back