Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 13 vs. Melbourne, MCG Mon 12/06, 3:20pm BIG FREEZE

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be interesting because atm, AJ is a better option than Mcstay. It just doesn't feel right dropping AJ.
You could switch McStay back to his Brisbane higher up the ground role, replacing Ginni - who doesn't really play as a crumber or a runner when he's playing half forward like he has been. Mihocek could also play that - but he's on fire and you wouldn't change his role at all.

This looks and sounds about right to me.

Adams cops a lot of stick in here at times but he had a great game on Saturday. He exploded out of packs and used the ball really well, with three or four perfect passes inside-F50 which gave the defenders no chance and resulted in goals. And he kicked a great one himself too.

It was a real DeGoey-like performance, which is exactly what we’ll need from Adams over the next month.
Agree - I've been a critic but his game against WCE was very good

I'm not sure we can have McStay, Frampton, Johnson and the two rucks in one team. Seems to take away out great strength of overlap run and forward pressure, particularly if McReery is out. It really is an interesting selection week, I have a feeling Johnson will be out with the cork to put off the decision for a week.

If McReery is out, he and DeGoey out are huge, physical and powerful players out against a physical and powerful team.

For me Lipinski is the sub.

In: Elliott, McStay
Out: Johnson, DeGoey

If McReery doesn't get up, Lipinski comes in and Markov back to sub.

Just to put it out there...

Our biggest win of the year?

McStay, Frampton, Cox and Cameron all played against Port.

I don't think suddenly adding a dangerous Ash to that mix makes us worse. At least in my opinion anyway.

I don't think suddenly adding a dangerous Ash to that mix makes us worse. At least in my opinion anyway.

It probably comes down to Johnson v Ginny. AJ clearly the better option at this point in time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good choice.

In our top 6 players last season, will add some genuine class through the midfield and half forward line.
Some risk IMO - hasn't played all year - however, in Fly I trust

Hard to disagree, although in wet weather matches we might not want to go in that tall.

I have to admit I’m an unabashed fan of entrenched best 22 players returning through the seniors. The VFL lead in crept in under the previous regime whereas Wade seems to set guys up to play their best footy as soon as they’re available.

OUTS: De Goey (susp), McCreery (inj), Harrison (omitted)
INS: McStay, Lipinski, Elliott
Sub: Harrison/Markov

Crisp takes De Goey's spot in the middle
WHE plays wing/half forward
McStay comes into the forward line

After the bye, McCreery comes in for WHE

After the suspension, De Goey comes in for ???

When he's fit, Sidey in for ???

Big selection headaches coming. They're a good problem to have though.

Probably the tallest we've lined up in a bloody long time, and we have 2 genuine smalls at their feet for the first time in forever, and I bloody love it!

edit: forgot Jamie was returning...

Last edited:
Lippa will be a huge in. As Fly said he’s an incredible runner and was so consistently influential in our big final quarters last year.

His ball use on transition is particularly magnificent, he uses it so well through the corridor and going into the forward 50. I would expect we’ll be even more fun to watch with him back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back