Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 15 vs. Brisbane - Gabba, Fri 04/09 @ 7:50pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrapped to see Lynch get a game.

I would assume now the changes will be:

In: Lynch, Greenwood
Out: Cameron, Mayne

Typically with these short turnarounds, there is always 1 more player who is a bit sore that doesn't get pull up. So we'll see. The bye the week after might make us a little less conservative than normal.

I'm not a fan of the 2 rucks + Cox and Mihocek, but the structure we are playing is no too dissimilar to Brisbane who have the Big O, Hipwood and Fullarton/Eagles + McStay.

I agree that having 2 rucks may serve us well against West Coast as Grundy clearly has his issues with Naitanui. I would do it if we were playing Geelong though for example.

Lynch deserves his shot ahead of Cameron who only had 1 touch last week. It's tough for Lynch, because the 2nd ruck needs to moonlight as a forward, and he really hasn't had to do this role in the 2nds. He has always been the main ruck. So he has to basically just come in and fill that role without much practice. But to justify his spot going forward, he'll need to make himself at least serviceable as a forward.

The other thing I'll say is that when we have Cox, Lynch and Grundy in the side, I would not be using Grundy in forward 50 stoppages. Then we just have too many big men in the one area. I'd tell Grundy to stay a kick behind the play and use Lynch or Cox for ruckwork. That way, Grundy can intercept kicks coming out and double team the dangerous forward.

Great summary here.

Was hoping to see Ruscoe in for WHE, I think he could do with a run in the twos. But Ruscoe isn’t even an emergency despite hitting the scoreboard in his games, interesting.

He will likely play main ruck. Grundy forward.
Only problem with Grundy forward is that he can't kick straight if his life depended on it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never having the chance =/= not having the ability
Can't say that he has ever shown that he is a natural up forward. Besides, we have Cox up forward, and another tall, slow forward not noted for his goal kicking accuracy does not seem logical. I would suggest that Lynch is largely in the team to give Grundy ruck relief rather than to allow Grundy to play forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back