Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 15 vs. Fremantle, MRVL 26/06 @ 1:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven’t checked the stats but our clearance work looked good today. Why can’t we do that with a dominant Grundy as the ruck?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We are probably too Predictable with Grundy in the Ruck as he can be Too Domainte

Apr 2, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rams, Raptors, Leafs, Blue Jays
Suns v Port.

Giants v Blues (Giants reserve)

it’s certainly possible, not guaranteed though. Even one of the losing we’re up to 15th. It’s not much I know but it’s a small win.

Grundy will return if he's cleared to play, but Lynch doesn't deserve to be dropped

No harm in trying to play 4 talls

Grundy ruck/fwd
Lynch ruck/fwd
Cameron permanent forward
Mihocek permanent forward

Grundy can work on his forward craft
De Goey has moved into the midfield, so he's not demanding lots of space in the forward line

Grundy will return if he's cleared to play, but Lynch doesn't deserve to be dropped

No harm in trying to play 4 talls

Grundy ruck/fwd
Lynch ruck/fwd
Cameron permanent forward
Mihocek permanent forward

Grundy can work on his forward craft
De Goey has moved into the midfield, so he's not demanding lots of space in the forward line

4 talls be way to many.

Have next no Forward Pressure and ball come straight out from our Forward Line

4 talls be way to many.

Have next no Forward Pressure and ball come straight out from our Forward Line
But isn't it the same concept as NicNat, Darling, Kennedy and Allen? Or Rategolea/Blicavs, Cameron, Hawkins and Rohan?

McCreery, Elliott and Thomas will play

It's essentially Murphy out, Grundy in

It might not work, but to me there is no harm at all in trying. With playing the corridor and quicker ball movement, returning to "simple footy", it could work for us

domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
Haven’t checked the stats but our clearance work looked good today. Why can’t we do that with a dominant Grundy as the ruck?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I thought our clearances were much cleaner than they have been under Grundy. I hope Brodie sees our last two weeks show he is not irreplaceable. Maybe he'll work harder to make his dominance translate into effective clearances for the boys wearing black and white.

grayza2018

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2017
The Cottage
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Fulham
Fingers crossed with the tribunal, JDG might have a worry though.

Would be a luxury, relatively speaking considering our year so far, to have Grundy and Adams return

ANewDawn

All Australian
Jun 10, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Long way away with the bye...

Assumed Lynch would make way for Grundy but he was pretty solid.

In: Adams, Grundy

Out: Bianco (fan but he has time), Murphy (inj)

Cal Brown to replace Rantall as sub
What do we do with 3 ruckmen in the team? Seems an overkill even if it's difficult to drop either Cameron or Lynch. How do you suggest the 3 players should be used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back