Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 15 vs. Fremantle, MRVL 26/06 @ 1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am more concerned at how we will compensate for the loss of Moore as none of the contenders really demand a spot in the team on this year's form.

Moore is a massive loss. And with no JDG either this week, I fear us falling into one of these:☹️

Whilst I really liked Lynchy's game against the Deeeees, people need a concussion test if they honestly think he should be playing ahead of Grundy.

It was impressive no doubt, but he is a 4/10 v Grundy’s 9.5/10 so as you said you can’t play him ahead of Grundy. From there if he’s the second banana we might as well bring Blair back to play second ruck for all the impact Lynch will have at senior level in that role.

Sometimes players need a kick up the bum. I agree though that Grundy is having a much better year and should return if fit. I would still like to see Lynch retained in the side.

They do, but not Grundy especially given the flow on effect of speculation that decision brings with it. If Grundy were having a poor year, which he isn’t, this would be a sensible discussion.

It’s unfortunate for Lynch, but we’re tied to Grundy for the vast majority of Lynch’s career. I personally think it’s best for both Lynch and Collingwood that he be dropped. I know some on here are seeing stars in their eyes, but his inevitable 5 possession 5 hitout game this week will hurt him and the club long term.

I know he’ll be selected and I hope to be proven wrong, but I’d be shocked if we don’t see a similar performance to his debut.

I am expecting a big let down this week, such a emotional build up for the Queens Birthday game and the week off add Moore and Degoey not playing and i am not feeling great about this week

OUT Moore, Degoey, Madgen
IN Grundy, Keane, Adams or Sier

Wanna see Grundy spend more time forward just to see how it works. Will be interesting to watch the teams tomorrow and see what Harvey is thinking.

No, just expressing an opinion, which has been exaggerated by you.

You actually think a player on his wage and labelled one of the top 3 premier rucks in the league wouldnt be miffed he is forced to come back through the VFL? when he hasnt been out for an extended amount of time.

Express your opinion all you like. Dont get defensive when it gets torn to shreds.

Play your best players if they are fit, field your best team, he is fit and he should be straight back in.

I didn’t say you did. I asked you how it would be good for him which you didn’t answer. His form in 2021 is infinitely better than Lynch’s so the speculation is mad.

Hang on why are we leaving Grundy out then and not Steele? Or WHE? Simply to give Lynch another crack.

Good point. Maybe I was being a little too extreme with expecting Grundy to play VFL. I just want to see how Lynch performs as the main ruck for a few more games. I like whiskeytown’s idea of playing Grundy as a ruck forward instead.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Even Buckley came back via the VFL once. It can be done.

He missed 12 weeks of football after hamstring surgery. Hardly a comparison to Grundy and Grundy isnt 32 with dodgey hammies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You actually think a player on his wage and labelled one of the top 3 premier rucks in the league wouldnt be miffed he is forced to come back through the VFL? when he hasnt been out for an extended amount of time.

Express your opinion all you like. Dont get defensive when it gets torn to shreds.

Play your best players if they are fit, field your best team, he is fit and he should be straight back in.
I’ve no issue with anyone disagreeing with me. I do feel like you are making more of this than you need to. Peace out.

I’ve no issue with anyone disagreeing with me. I do feel like you are making more of this than you need to. Peace out.

I know imagine someone not expecting a 1 million dollar a year player not having to play vfl after missing a couple of weeks of footy

Sucks that they changed the Start Time so Pie Fans can't go to the VFL

There's more important things than a VFL game for a few supporters TD.
Maybe you should be grateful there's games on and crowds are allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back