Unofficial Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 16 vs. GC Suns, Sat 02/07, 7:25pm MS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chugg out, I really don't mind who in out of T Brown, C Brown, Macrae, Carmichael or Poulter. Carmichael would be nice but it sounded like he wasnt yet in consideration by Fly.

I don't see JDG being back in the short term but hope to be wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If De Goey is available he's an easy swap for Chugg.

If De Goey is unavailable then its more difficult. Even if he's the nicest guy in the world, Chugg isn't AFL ready and I don't think he ever will be. Macrae and Poulter can't play the mid/fwd role that Chugg played today. I don't see the point in going back to the Brown brothers. Fly might be reluctant but Carmichael is the way I would go.

Needs another week or 2 of conditioning but I reckon our best backline has Chaz Dean with Moore, and Leaving Murphy and Howe to take the mid sizers or second rucks.
Reckon we are fast forwarding Howe’s ending if we keep playing him on the gorillas

Did Chugg win 1st prize in the Woodsmen’s raffle? How did he get a game?

Out Chugg. In JDG (or Carmichael or Poulter ).

How far is Dean. Getting in Dean is the key to unlocking our perfect backline by unleashing Moore.

I am fully onboard the Moore as our key forward train.

Get Dean/Kelly/McMahon in the back line ASAP.

Did Chugg win 1st prize in the Woodsmen’s raffle? How did he get a game?

Out Chugg. In JDG (or Carmichael or Poulter ).

How far is Dean. Getting in Dean is the key to unlocking our perfect backline by unleashing Moore.

Same reason Rantall got a game late last year.

Club is about to delist him so giving him a chance to see if he can lift at AFL level.

I am fully onboard the Moore as our key forward train.

Get Dean/Kelly/McMahon in the back line ASAP.
Nope. I don't think we get the best of Darcy Moore when he plays in the forward line. The backline allows him to showcase his strengths. Nothing worse than seeing him up front and not touch it for twenty minutes which can happen. He needs to be involved and influencing as many contests as possible.

Anyway, long term we will have Krueger and perhaps McStay as well as Mihocek up front so long term he isn't required in the forward line.

Nope. I don't think we get the best of Darcy Moore when he plays in the forward line. The backline allows him to showcase his strengths. Nothing worse than seeing him up front and not touch it for twenty minutes which can happen. He needs to be involved and influencing as many contests as possible.

Anyway, long term we will have Krueger and perhaps McStay as well as Mihocek up front so long term he isn't required in the forward line.
Kreuger/Mihocek and potentially McStay just isn't a flag-winning cohort of talls imo.

Moore's best attribute has always been his marking. His 1-on-1 defence is average at best, and his decision making regularly costs us goals.

Play him in the square and let him attack the ball. Who cares if he doesn't touch it for twenty minutes? King, Hawkins and Curnow all go quarters without touching it either, that's the sort of thinking that has lead us to our last genuine key forward being Cloke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back