Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 16 vs. Gold Coast, HBS Sat 01/07, 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it impossible to keep Lipinski in after such a shocking effort. Despicably bad. Johnson was poor, Crisp was poor, plenty of other forwards were quiet but have runs (Checkers, Hill). Harrison was alright, especially relative to other small fwds.

Hope we find room for both Frampton and McCreery, who absolutely deserve to play.

I find it impossible to keep Lipinski in after such a shocking effort. Despicably bad. Johnson was poor, Crisp was poor, plenty of other forwards were quiet but have runs (Checkers, Hill). Harrison was alright, especially relative to other small fwds.

Hope we find room for both Frampton and McCreery, who absolutely deserve to play.

Reckon johnno will get dropped, just doesn’t do enough to stay in the game. Hoping mcstay comes in for him but if not I’d bring frampton in.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'd be happy to bring in Frampton to play on Casboult if it doesn't wreck the balance. You'd have to take a defender out though.

I'd have Frampton in, and WHE out, but I suspect against Gold Coast we won't do this.. McCreery to to come into the 22 obviously.

I really want to see us move on from WHE. Goes to water under physical pressure - fumbles and turnover handballs. He isn't getting enough of it on the outside or using it well enough when he does to make up for that.

I'd have Frampton in, and WHE out, but I suspect against Gold Coast we won't do this.. McCreery to to come into the 22 obviously.

I really want to see us move on from WHE. Goes to water under physical pressure - fumbles and turnover handballs. He isn't getting enough of it on the outside or using it well enough when he does to make up for that.

WHE out? That's pretty trippy.

About 5 worse than him today.

Need another mid desperately, gotta bring Finn in, we constantly get smashed In clearances so it’s not going to hurt bringing him in. We’ll get JDG the week after but let’s not just hope. Let’s reward VFL form. Cameron is pox, Witts will destroy him.
Ryan should come in for Markov and Beau needs to start not as sub. WHE, Lipinski and Harvey on the edge but Ginni was shite in the VFL and not many others stood up yesterday.

We desperately need Jordy!!!!

WHE out? That's pretty trippy.

About 5 worse than him today.
If the game ended at half time, he was the obvious low light. He improved in the second half when a lot of other blokes got their colours lowered.

Not playing Frampton for Walker and tying down probably our best player/defender was a poor decision. The flow-on meant Murphy was outsized and left scrapping all game too. Now that Howe is back, we need to be prepared in the future to pull the trigger and take Murphy out of the side for Frampton if match-ups suit. If Frampton takes Walker today and Moore gets freed up to play on Fogarty and control the game from the half-back line instead of fullback, that 8-goal spree they went on never happens IMO. In saying that though, Suns are a game where I don't think Frampton is required.

Lipinski needs to go out next week for McCreery though, that wasn't anywhere near an acceptable performance or effort from him. He played like he did his shoulder at the first bounce and gallantly battled it throughout the match. He's always been on the soft side, but his tackling efforts and his unwillingness to cop a tackle and hold the ball in was worse than I've ever seen it. Cherry on top was that his disposal was garbage because he's so panicked, and if he isn't bringing value by foot, you can't carry him because he's slow and poor defensively.

Pull the trigger on Kreuger for Johnson now too, see if he can get some continuity leading into finals. If he gets injured again, put him out in the next lot of hard rubbish and be done with it.

If the game ended at half time, he was the obvious low light. He improved in the second half when a lot of other blokes got their colours lowered.

Not playing Frampton for Walker and tying down probably our best player/defender was a poor decision. The flow-on meant Murphy was outsized and left scrapping all game too. Now that Howe is back, we need to be prepared in the future to pull the trigger and take Murphy out of the side for Frampton if match-ups suit. If Frampton takes Walker today and Moore gets freed up to play on Fogarty and control the game from the half-back line instead of fullback, that 8-goal spree they went on never happens IMO. In saying that though, Suns are a game where I don't think Frampton is required.

Lipinski needs to go out next week for McCreery though, that wasn't anywhere near an acceptable performance or effort from him. He played like he did his shoulder at the first bounce and gallantly battled it throughout the match. He's always been on the soft side, but his tackling efforts and his unwillingness to cop a tackle and hold the ball in was worse than I've ever seen it. Cherry on top was that his disposal was garbage because he's so panicked, and if he isn't bringing value by foot, you can't carry him because he's slow and poor defensively.

Pull the trigger on Kreuger for Johnson now too, see if he can get some continuity leading into finals. If he gets injured again, put him out in the next lot of hard rubbish and be done with it.

Agree with this.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

The old 6-day-break into an interstate clash

Of the injury list, the only one as a maybe was McStay, but given I don't think he was training the past week I daresay he's no chance.

They're tough to beat up there.

Hopefully Maynard is OK otherwise no change. Otherwise I'd be tempted to give Ryan his debut.

maynard got a kick in the jatz crackers and you'd imagine he'd be fine, unless of course he ends up with the Ollie Henry's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to get roasted for this, but Crisp wasn't great again. Fumbles a lot and made some really poor decisions again. When will we see the real Jack Crisp?

That play when he was streaming down the wing to half forward 2-3 metres clear of an opponent, and because he didn't want to put it on his right foot he handballed in board to J Daicos under pressure, and the ball was then spilled free, rebounded for a goal. That had to be an inside 50 entry off his right foot.

I’d swap McReery and Harrison

If Johnson is struggling like today… then I’d play him ruck forward and play Cox deeper forward

Witts will win the hit outs anyhow

Really need the extra big body inside 50.

Mcstay injured.

Kreuger will likely break if he plays more dynamic AFL.

He needs to be given further time in the VFL to build

Moore usually plays full back, regardless of opponent - it's where we want him.

I'm going to get roasted for this, but Crisp wasn't great again. Fumbles a lot and made some really poor decisions again. When will we see the real Jack Crisp?

That play when he was streaming down the wing to half forward 2-3 metres clear of an opponent, and because he didn't want to put it on his right foot he handballed in board to J Daicos under pressure, and the ball was then spilled free, rebounded for a goal. That had to be an inside 50 entry off his right foot.
He is having an almost year to date.
Just hoping he can change that before finals come around.
Not sure whether Titch in has changed the balance.
If he gets up and about along with JDG coming back we should be okay.

from my Delorean

Lipinski, Crisp, Johnson OUT

My grandma could dispose of it quicker than Lipinski and Crisp has not been the same since the pictures and video was released.

Johnson - second efforts, chasing efforts absolutely non existant.

When is McStay back?

Frampton definately in.

The old 6-day-break into an interstate clash

Of the injury list, the only one as a maybe was McStay, but given I don't think he was training the past week I daresay he's no chance.

They're tough to beat up there.

Hopefully Maynard is OK otherwise no change. Otherwise I'd be tempted to give Ryan his debut.
You do realise gold coast have the same break?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back