Unofficial Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 18 vs. Adelaide, Sat 16/07, 1:45pm AO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stoked to see AJ in and Moore back - great news.
Bummer about IQ and Henry.
With Adams out Elliott and Carmichael I would expect to spend more time in the middle…
Happy for Bianco to be given a go across half forward/wing.

How I hope to see us line up:

B - Murphy Moore Maynard
HB - N.Daicos Howe Noble
C - J.Daicos Pendlebury WHE
HF - McCreery Cameron Sidebottom
F - Ginnivan Mihochek Johnson
R - Cox Elliott Crisp
INT - Lipinski Carmichael Ruscoe Bianco

N.Daicos and Noble with the rebound off half back.
Moore, Murphy and Maynard to take Walker, Thilthorpe and Fogarty.
Howe to assist through the air.

Pendlebury in the middle for his 350th with Crisp and Elliott. Sidebottom/Lipinski to rotate through half forward/midfield.

Cameron/Cox to ruck and be a target across CHF.

Mihochek and Johnson out of the square with Ginnivan hovering around.

Good enough side to win this.

What’s Bianco’s path to senior footy look like to you? For me with Noble stepping up his defensive game and fundamentals I don’t see how Bianco becomes best 22 without a string of injuries based on what we’ve seen in 2022 (Daicos, Maynard and IQ are just about the best trio of small/ medium defenders in the league). Perhaps it’s now as a high HF or off a wing post Steele, but the worry I have is whether he can consistently find it 20 times a game which is a minimum given his size and pace. He’s not going inside and he’s not a forward so the circles getting tight…

About 12 weeks ago I was discussing his future with sr36 and referenced Baker as someone with a similar skill set (nice user, small, no defined position and not overly quick), but the problem I kept coming back to with that comparison* was competitiveness. Like T Brown Bianco’s too nice whereas Baker has the killer instinct.

On the Grundy debate Cox goes out and the forward mix becomes Mihocek, Cameron, Henry/ AJ, Ginnivan, McReery, WHE and Elliott/ JDG floating through Cox makes us severely top heavy. Injuries and Covid permitting of course.

*From the perspective of who I think the club should be modelling Bianco’s game on. Baker started as a small defender in two premiership teams and has since graduated to a genuine gun mr fixit at ground level.
I’ve got to say Baker has become one of my favourite opposition players. His extraordinary versatility and fearless competitiveness in a 173cm 72kg player, is a model Bianco ( who’s taller and heavier) should aspire too. Alas I just don’t think he’s got the natural hyper competitiveness or fearlessness, needed.
But I would love to be proven wrong because I like many, had high hopes for him.

Stoked to see AJ in and Moore back - great news.
Bummer about IQ and Henry.
With Adams out Elliott and Carmichael I would expect to spend more time in the middle…
Happy for Bianco to be given a go across half forward/wing.

How I hope to see us line up:

B - Murphy Moore Maynard
HB - N.Daicos Howe Noble
C - J.Daicos Pendlebury WHE
HF - McCreery Cameron Sidebottom
F - Ginnivan Mihochek Johnson
R - Cox Elliott Crisp
INT - Lipinski Carmichael Ruscoe Bianco

N.Daicos and Noble with the rebound off half back.
Moore, Murphy and Maynard to take Walker, Thilthorpe and Fogarty.
Howe to assist through the air.

Pendlebury in the middle for his 350th with Crisp and Elliott. Sidebottom/Lipinski to rotate through half forward/midfield.

Cameron/Cox to ruck and be a target across CHF.

Mihochek and Johnson out of the square with Ginnivan hovering around.

Good enough side to win this.
Must win this game.

I’ve got to say Baker has become one of my favourite opposition players. His extraordinary versatility and fearless competitiveness in a 173cm 72kg player, is a model Bianco ( who’s taller and heavier) should aspire too. Alas I just don’t think he’s got the natural hyper competitiveness or fearlessness, needed.
But I would love to be proven wrong because I like many, had high hopes for him.
Bianco proved me wrong with his VFL form. 35 disposals - decent for anyone.

Yeah, and that decision gets made when you get delisted. Not before. If you're best on ground in the VFL for a few weeks you deserve a chance. Otherwise you ruin the motivation and integrity of selection.
I speak from experience. I was a good ressies player capable of the occasional BOG.I had a few runs at senior level and was out of my depth
I had no problem being overlooked from then in even when I had played out of my skin in the ressies.
I knew my strengths and limitations. If Bianco fails yet again he would have to be very dumb to not understand his place in the pecking order.

I speak from experience. I was a good ressies player capable of the occasional BOG.I had a few runs at senior level and was out of my depth
I had no problem being overlooked from then in even when I had played out of my skin in the ressies.
I knew my strengths and limitations. If Bianco fails yet again he would have to be very dumb to not understand his place in the pecking order.
To be fair, Bianco is an elite athlete so probably has more drive than everyday folk like you and I.

Bakers greatest weapon is his pace. The very weapon Bianco lacks.

What’s Bianco’s path to senior footy look like to you? For me with Noble stepping up his defensive game and fundamentals I don’t see how Bianco becomes best 22 without a string of injuries based on what we’ve seen in 2022 (Daicos, Maynard and IQ are just about the best trio of small/ medium defenders in the league). Perhaps it’s now as a high HF or off a wing post Steele, but the worry I have is whether he can consistently find it 20 times a game which is a minimum given his size and pace. He’s not going inside and he’s not a forward so the circles getting tight…

About 12 weeks ago I was discussing his future with sr36 and referenced Baker as someone with a similar skill set (nice user, small, no defined position and not overly quick), but the problem I kept coming back to with that comparison* was competitiveness. Like T Brown Bianco’s too nice whereas Baker has the killer instinct.

On the Grundy debate Cox goes out and the forward mix becomes Mihocek, Cameron, Henry/ AJ, Ginnivan, McReery, WHE and Elliott/ JDG floating through Cox makes us severely top heavy. Injuries and Covid permitting of course.

*From the perspective of who I think the club should be modelling Bianco’s game on. Baker started as a small defender in two premiership teams and has since graduated to a genuine gun mr fixit at ground level.

I’ll be honest - I don’t see a path for him. If he could take a small defender role or wing that’s his place but I just think there will be others ahead of him.

If we land a Taranto/Bruhn/Hill or two of them and he is poor tomorrow I wouldn’t be surprised if he was delisted at the end of the year in all honesty. I think it might come down to a call between him and Tyler Brown (I already have Chugg and Cal on my delistings)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just saw Poulter, macrae and Carmichael riding scooters down hindley street

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Did they have helmets on?

If it’s e-scooters it depends on the state
e-scooters void their insurance responsibilities when the rider is without helmet or riding on the footpath. In Victoria, it is not legal for bike riders over the age of 12 to ride on the footpath, so the same would apply to scooters. I am sure that Victorian law would require the use of a helmet. I don't know the law in SA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back