Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 18 vs. Carlton, MCG Sunday 18/07 @ 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you will find majority of 28 year olds regardless of wear and tear are closer to the end than the start

They could also have 3-4 years in them. A lot of 18 year olds are also nearer at the end than the start too... because they will turn out to not be good enough and will also be gone in 3-4 years

Its not wise to close your eyes to older players who for one reason or another havent had many opportunities early in their career.

Its partly imagination too. Opposition fans like to hate us and beat us...sure... we are a huge club with lots of reasons to be hated.... but that doesnt mean the opposition magically finds an extra 20% of effort when they play us.

Its a very dated theory and really doesnt fly.
Total disagreement Timmy I hope you never experience the power of spite.

They could also have 3-4 years in them. A lot of 18 year olds are also nearer at the end than the start too... because they will turn out to not be good enough and will also be gone in 3-4 years

Its not wise to close your eyes to older players who for one reason or another havent had many opportunities early in their career.

Who said I am closing m eyes to giving opportunities to older players? When comparing the youth of north and Collingwood we shouldn’t be including 28 year olds Lol

if we are gonna include 28 year olds why would the amount of games they’ve played count anyways. I would back an established 28 year old to have a longer career than one that’s played less than 50 games anyways

Who said I am closing m eyes to giving opportunities to older players? When comparing the youth of north and Collingwood we shouldn’t be including 28 year olds Lol

if we are gonna include 28 year olds why would the amount of games they’ve played count anyways. I would back an established 28 year old to have a longer career than one that’s played less than 50 games anyways

I think the original comment was along the lines of exluding a <50 game player as being counted as an up-and comer, just because he was 28.

It was pretty much this I was disagreeing with. If youre bringing in fresh blood then youre bringing in fresh blood. Age is a secondary consideration.

To imply that Collingwood is so awesome that teams when they play us always play above themselves to beat us.....is so misguided that its beyond a joke. And yes that sort of thinking is indicative of what Licuria was talking about.
Players play better in front of bigger crowds, they like it and they bring their best. That is a fact, our crowd numbers are up there even up until 2019 and despite our lack of success.

Furthermore Collingwood is front and centre with the media, advertising and marketing and again despite our lack of success. This is due to two reasons, a large Collingwood fan base and the fact opposition supporters love to see us lose.

Third we have the largest fan base.

These are facts so unless you have any of your own then push on.

Its partly imagination too. Opposition fans like to hate us and beat us...sure... we are a huge club with lots of reasons to be hated.... but that doesnt mean the opposition magically finds an extra 20% of effort when they play us.

Its a very dated theory and really doesnt fly.
But it does fly

First one is hardly a fact and the rest are irrelevant when the players hit the field.

The hate for Madgen is ridiculous. Beat his opponent in Riewoldt comfortably and used it quite well. He is clearly our 3rd best key defender and has earned himself another contract in my eyes. Props to him for his form this 2nd half of the season.
I mean… suggesting dropping Quaynor and then saying Madgen did a great job on a guy he didn’t even play on…

Do you even watch Collingwood or?

I think you will find majority of 28 year olds regardless of wear and tear are closer to the end than the start
The 28 year old with less than 50 games being referred to is Madgen, who has only played AFL/VFL for 4 years. Whilst he is a limited player, he has improved every year since being drafted. It's not inconceivable that he will continue to play for another 4 years if he continues his development.

Cue the part where everyone jumps on the "Madgen is s**t" bandwagon and misses the point of my post.

I think the original comment was along the lines of exluding a <50 game player as being counted as an up-and comer, just because he was 28.

It was pretty much this I was disagreeing with. If youre bringing in fresh blood then youre bringing in fresh blood. Age is a secondary consideration.
Ok well if you want to include a 28 year old in the clubs and up coming players I won’t stop you

The 28 year old with less than 50 games being referred to is Madgen, who has only played AFL/VFL for 4 years. Whilst he is a limited player, he has improved every year since being drafted. It's not inconceivable that he will continue to play for another 4 years if he continues his development.

Cue the part where everyone jumps on the "Madgen is sh*t" bandwagon and misses the point of my post.
A trajectory like Maxwell ya reckon

First one is hardly a fact and the rest are irrelevant when the players hit the field.
Players have spoken time and again about how much they like to play in the bigger games. Fans determine what is a big game. Fans either love or hate Collingwood, that is why we are the biggest. So again the players lift on bigger occasions…Anzac day is that exactly on steroids. How many times have you heard Collingwood supporters say the only important games for the year are Carlton at home and Carlton away…if you think that doesn’t matter you’ve not played sport or been a supporter.

Why else do you think we have such a poor premiership conversion record. The pressure on Collingwood is immense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cue the part where everyone jumps on the "Madgen is sh*t" bandwagon and misses the point of my post.
The argument being Collingwood and north are around 4 years off contending so him being close to finished when the clubs are hopefully rising or nearing the top isn’t exactly helpful

No news on whether our players or staff face stricter house arrest (tier 1), or just the current junk (tier 3).

Several players and staff members across the clubs – Collingwood, Essendon, Greater Western Sydney, North Melbourne, St Kilda, Sydney, Hawthorn and the Western Bulldogs – either attended the Wallabies vs France rugby match at AAMI Park in Melbourne on Tuesday, July 13, or visited other listed exposure sites in Victoria.

The AFL confirmed that each player and staff member who has attended an exposure site has since been tested and all have received a negative test result.

A number of players and staff caught up in the sites are classified as tier one contacts and will be undertaking a 14-day quarantine period regardless of the negative test results. While the majority of attendees to the rugby are classified as tier three contacts and advised to monitor symptoms and get tested if they become unwell.

It's not because of awesomeness Timmy it's to spite us.

Collingwood has always been hated and beating us is always especially satisfying - particularly for the Melbourne clubs.

It is what it is.

Re: Robert Harvey - The players don't buy into that stuff, it's purely driven by fans.

AFL players hate the teams who have certain players that shittalk them or play dirty, they don't hate Collingwood because the fans do.

Players play better in front of bigger crowds, they like it and they bring their best. That is a fact, our crowd numbers are up there even up until 2019 and despite our lack of success.

Furthermore Collingwood is front and centre with the media, advertising and marketing and again despite our lack of success. This is due to two reasons, a large Collingwood fan base and the fact opposition supporters love to see us lose.

Third we have the largest fan base.

“These are facts” is pretty funny to write given most of the things you wrote are unprovable.

They are facts until somebody can provide better evidence. All you do is create greenhouse gases with pointless posts.
I fart a lot when I post too.
Oops, there goes another one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back