Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 19 vs. Port Adelaide, Marvel Stadium Friday 23/07 @ 7:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good on them.

Not sure Tohill's ready but with Port having Dixon, Ladhams, Georgiades, and Marshall in F50 we certainly needed some support for Roughy and Madge. Might as well find out what he offers at senior level.

That's why maybe they play Keane as well, unless Maynard takes Georgiades, leaving the others to Roughy, Tohill and Madgen....😬

You can’t win. People call for madge and the seniors to be dropped, then we play kids and people complain. Good luck to both.

You've summed up the situation perfectly Stormy....Good luck to both our new boys and to all who pull on that mighty black and white jumper.

Seeing those tears, his face, the reaction of the other boys
I normally scroll on but this one hit home
Great video

Tells you he's a long way from where he came from. They talk about journey's....this kid has been through a lot just to get a game. Good on you lad.

And 9 debutants. Wouldn't rule out others. Begg's the only one who can't you'd imagine.

Think you're right.

I think Chugg or McInnes are the most likely from the remaining 5.

I think they might try Tohill forward, not sure why, but he is very Athletic and can take the odd good grab

He’s played everywhere. Footage of him in the scratch matches last year leading nicely into space and taking a chest mark. Hope he gets a couple of weeks before a call is made on him at years end.

Ginnivan on the other hand I reckon will keep his spot from now on. He and McReery to form a great combination of pressure and crumbing smarts

Think you're right.

I think Chugg or McInnes are the most likely from the remaining 5.
Harvey seems to be a fan of the three tall forward setup. So although I agree is unlikely, McMahon might be a chance if he has some good scratch matches.

That's why maybe they play Keane as well, unless Maynard takes Georgiades, leaving the others to Roughy, Tohill and Madgen....😬

I'd be happy with Maynard taking Georgiades rather than go too tall. Tohill looks a very good matchup for Marshall, Roughy takes Dixon, leaves Madge to mind the resting ruck. We don't mind giving Madge some challenges do we.

Harvey seems to be a fan of the three tall forward setup. So although I agree is unlikely, McMahon might be a chance if he has some good scratch matches.

I was thinking him, not sure how he's tracking with his concussion though.

9 is good, so lets fast-track these player's development and get them prepared for 2022...
Hoping we also include Macrae into the midfield mix this week. I would give Bianco a "managed" this week...

With 4 outs already I'm not sure they'll look to omit/manage Bianco this week. I'd play Macrae ahead of Poulter in 1 of the existing vacancies.

With 4 outs already I'm not sure they'll look to omit/manage Bianco this week. I'd play Macrae ahead of Poulter in 1 of the existing vacancies.
I'd imagine Poulter comes in for WHE. Same position.
Macrae comes in for Cal? or Sier. It'll be one or the other. But I'd go with the future with Macrae, over Sier who likely wont be here next year

By my count that's 39 out of 44 Players on our list getting a game this year at AFL level. The 5 that haven't

Reef McInnes
Liam McMagon
Isaac Chugg
Aiden Begg
Ash Jonson

Not sure if any of the 5 could realistically get a game at AFL level this season.
Reef will, Johnson might

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having to get more surgery on the finger might preclude Johnson getting an opportunity.
would have to be out of round 22 and 23
not fussed if Aish misses out, but we need to fast track Reef's development, hoping he plays the last month in seniors

Out: JT, WHE, CB & Mayne.

“is this real life or is this fantasy……”

I am also excited that two of our better players in recent weeks (WHE and Mayne) are both possibly going to miss. I'm also thrilled that a player starting to find his feet in his best position (C Brown) has suffered a serious injury. It's just brilliant.

After watching the video of the announcements I think Anton is now out with back and neck injuries.
I’m so happy for him, he’s done so well to get here and he is a very good footballer despite some of the comments on this board from people who wouldn’t have a clue about anything.

I'd imagine Poulter comes in for WHE. Same position.
Macrae comes in for Cal? or Sier. It'll be one or the other. But I'd go with the future with Macrae, over Sier who likely wont be here next year

I'd be happy to give Macrae a run on WHE's wing instead of Poulter. Need to be selecting for 2021 as well as keeping an eye on the future so I'd opt for Sier to replace Brown.

IN: Tohill; Ginnivan; Sier; Macrae.
OUT: Brown; JT; Mayne; WHE

Med Sub: Poulter

I'd be happy to give Macrae a run on WHE's wing instead of Poulter. Need to be selecting for 2021 as well as keeping an eye on the future so I'd opt for Sier to replace Brown.

IN: Tohill; Ginnivan; Sier; Macrae.
OUT: Brown; JT; Mayne; WHE

Med Sub: Poulter
Are you only selecting Sier to prevent TheGreatGrundy from have a complete breakdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back