Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 2 vs. Richmond - THUR 11/06 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends when.
Think say August / September things might be back to some sort of normality.
But who really knows.

Spot On. No one knows for Sure but I doubt it still be around in 6 Months or so

Spot On. No one knows for Sure but I doubt it still be around in 6 Months or so
Can only hope.
be good if it all blows over within a few months.

No one knows. At the moment, our infection curve is the same as Italy's about a month ago. And they're fcked. Won't be back online for months.

and Who said we be the same as Italy

Interesting to see how the club will decide who plays since there's no VFL. I mean, how do you decide if Stevenson or Quaynor or Reid or Scharenberg or Broomhead get a game? There's no real way of measuring.
You had to sneak him in didn't you ;)

Not sure that is factually correct

28 feb they had about 900 cases and 140 new cases.

thats about what we had today.

question is whether our stripped back neoliberalised health care system can cope better than theirs, plus whether the half-arsed measures we‘re taking will be better than theirs. And then the proportion of elderly in the society.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No change. Daicos and JT were quiet, but overall our forward line was great both defensively and offensively, and those 2 formed part of that setup. Daics had 5 tackles which is a sign of his pressure work improving.

There will be plenty of changes in the future as fatigue kicks in, but for now you wouldn't change the mix from the other night

28 feb they had about 900 cases and 140 new cases.

thats about what we had today.

question is whether our stripped back neoliberalised health care system can cope better than theirs, plus whether the half-arsed measures we‘re taking will be better than theirs. And then the proportion of elderly in the society.

If cases continue to double every 3 days we will be in lockdown by end of month. Hopefully the measures that have been put in place can stem this but people don’t care panic buying, breaking self isolation.

Thought Daicos saved himself in the second half - got his hands dirty and threw himself around, and kicked a couple of goals late.

I thought Thomas was solid in the middle but he did only have 11 disposals; looks a lost cause up forward. If Stephenson plays, he's the one who should miss.

OUT: Thomas
IN: Stephenson

I thought Thomas was great. His quick handballs were instrumental if not vital to keeping the ball in the forward line, freeing others to go on to score and create scoring opportunities.

Thomas is often underestimated in my view.

Richmond did as they wanted against Carlton (in the first half anyway) and we were a cut above the Doggies; it was a very enjoyable game to watch. This will be match of the round next week, both teams are firing and I'll back us to do well. Moore on Lynch is a key match-up.

P.S: The lack of atmosphere due to the empty stands is somehow offset by the cameras not focusing on our feral supporters at key moments of the game.

Richmond did as they wanted against Carlton (in the first half anyway) and we were a cut above the Doggies; it was a very enjoyable game to watch. This will be match of the round next week, both teams are firing and I'll back us to do well. Moore on Lynch is a key match-up.
P.S: The lack of atmosphere due to the empty stands is somehow offset by the cameras not focusing on our feral supporters at key moments of the game.
Excuse you! - unlike Richmond, Essendon, Adelaide etc we do not have any feral supporters - we have only have enthusiastic, committed, loyal supporters - as evidenced by the calm, rational, sane debates engaged in by our BF posters

Am I right in thinking Phillips spent last night lining up across half forward?

If he's not going to play on the wing where he can best utilise his greatest asset then I can't see how anyone could argue Stephenson isn't the better forward option if he's passed fit.

Treloar in for Thomas / Phillips if he has recovered in time.
Is the purpose for Phillips to play as the extra winger/ ruck rover/ extra at the ball high up the ground and run his opponent off his feet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back