Unofficial Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 20 vs. Port Adelaide, Sat 30/07, 1:45pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm scared we will be flat after that historically mind blowing victory.
I am hoping the boys play 4 First quarters like last week.

I was feeling alot less confident before last week’s game but I still don’t know who’ll win tomorrow.

If we’re to get a ‘loss out of the way’, I’d rather it be this week than any of the following 3 weeks. A loss this week doesn’t guarantee a win next 3 weeks, but I’d be a lot less disappointed in a loss tomorrow than against Melbourne, Sydney or Carlton.

Hopefully we just go 16 in a row instead.

I was feeling alot less confident before last week’s game but I still don’t know who’ll win tomorrow.

If we’re to get a ‘loss out of the way’, I’d rather it be this week than any of the following 3 weeks. A loss this week doesn’t guarantee a win next 3 weeks, but I’d be a lot less disappointed in a loss tomorrow than against Melbourne, Sydney or Carlton.

I reckon we will win today, by around 20 points , for once, not a heart palpitations game, and our first loss could be the Swans in Sydney, always tough up there, that could be the one. Then that will spur us on to beat the Bluescum in the last match, hopefully.

Remember Callum Brown back in 2018? Elite.
best VFL player we have had this century
I don't have a problem with Mihocek being rested because his body is sore my point was merely emphasizing how little there has been between us winning and losing most of our games over the past 9 weeks.

Mihocek is our leading goal scorer and while he might sit one rung below the likes of a Cameron in the context of our side he's just as important because he also sets an example of work rate and hardness at the contest for his teammates.

Hell even at the lower average of 1.5 goals he's kicked over the last 4 weeks (it's actually 6 goals not 5) that you pointed out when you consider our winning margins in this period have been 5, 7, 5 and 4 every goal has been precious.

With Mihocek joining Henry in the outs (who still sits 3rd on our goal kicking list) and the pressure on Ginnivan I'm not so sure people fully appreciate how much harder our assignment has just become tomorrow.
disagree it is harder - the inclusion of Johnson negates the out of checkers ginni is there elliot, mcreery, JDG - this game woil be won in the mids anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem though is that we can miss the eight altogether if we lose all four remaining games, which is a distinct possibility given calibre of opponents to come.

We need one more win to be safe and Port is our best chance. If we lose today, the next three games are going to be very stressful viewing as we try to land that extra win. Let’s just get it done today and save ourselves all the nervousness and worry.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The problem though is that we can miss the eight altogether if we lose all four remaining games, which is a distinct possibility given calibre of opponents to come.

We need one more win to be safe and Port is our best chance. If we lose today, the next three games are going to be very stressful viewing as we try to land that extra win. Let’s just get it done today and save ourselves all the nervousness and worry.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I agree with let's just win, but if Richmond lose tomorrow we can't really miss regardless, unless saints win all of their games but it's the Saints so surely they can't happen

If Cox doesn't get up, what's stopping the club from just playing Grundy. Pay the fine, and get him in, if Cox is still struggling with his virus. Port don't have a recognised ruckman, so not a bad game for Grundy to play.

A 60% Grundy versus a 90% Cameron, who would you pick?

A 60% Grundy would probably be a better ruckman, but Fly has been banging on about winning habits and winning culture and probably wouldn’t pick a 60% anything.

Fly did state that JDG was fit to play if we needed him to. No doubt on paper JDG would have been the better medisub than Carmichael, but Fly went with Carmichael.

Fly is probably trying to get Grundy back to his best form, and make him earn his spot back in the seniors.

A 60% Grundy would probably be a better ruckman, but Fly has been banging on about winning habits and winning culture and probably wouldn’t pick a 60% anything.

Fly did state that JDG was fit to play if we needed him to. No doubt on paper JDG would have been the better medisub than Carmichael, but Fly went with Carmichael.

Fly is probably trying to get Grundy back to his best form, and make him earn his spot back in the seniors.

I realise Grundy’s chance of playing was minimal, but if Cox pulled out, you wouldn't consider Grundy in, and for him to ruck 40% game time, rest of the time up forward or off the bench?

I realise Grundy’s chance of playing was minimal, but if Cox pulled out, you wouldn't consider Grundy in, and for him to ruck 40% game time, rest of the time up forward or off the bench?

I’m guessing Fly would not play Grundy under any circumstances even if Cox was out.

But I’m not expecting Cox to be out. He had (non-covid) symptoms on Wednesday. Fair chance he’d be over it by Saturday?

I’m guessing Fly would not play Grundy under any circumstances even if Cox was out.

But I’m not expecting Cox to be out. He had (non-covid) symptoms on Wednesday. Fair chance he’d be over it by Saturday?

Yeah, l expect Coxy to run out today....and hopefully has a blinder. It's all setup for him considering PA's ruck woes...

Cox trained yesterday…Captains run. He’s playing.

The whole due for a loss thing is BS.

Keep winning. Fcuk the media and fcuk the rest of the comp.

As the main ruckman? I'd take a 10% Grundy over a 100% Cameron

if we win the sydney game and one other we'd have to be a chance for top 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back