Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 20 vs. WCE, MCG Sat 31/07 @ 4:15pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if it was in Perth, then we'd have to quarantine instead of WC. If teams can go over to WA and quarantine before they play then the Eagles should go back and just quarantine, its exactly what other teams going to WA do
Yeah, its what saints had to do going there to play them right now. So there is no difference. Let them come over here and play and quarantine when they get back. We had to do it plenty last year

No way Magden is an out, his efforts are very good and last month has been solid.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

In fact, with our currently available list, Madge is one of our more experienced players, and a leader down back. :eek:

Would be madness to drop him.

while I get what you’re sayin….

leigh brown was never asked to hold down key position. He was a swing man and a third tall forward.

cameron is an ok ruckman but he’s being asked to play key forward which he is only ok at. Won’t ever win us games.

he’s just preventing a better ruckman in lynch from having a career
Grundy is preventing Lynch from having a career with us not Cameron

Grundy is preventing Lynch from having a career with us not Cameron

I’d like to think Lynch can develop in that direction but he hasn’t been given the opportunity. It will be a shame when he inevitably walks.

Regardless, Cameron is not a forward. We need to find somebody better.

Realistically he’ll stay at the club and will continue to be a handy steady player at Collingwood who doesn’t ever really make a material impact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d like to think Lynch can develop in that direction but he hasn’t been given the opportunity. It will be a shame when he inevitably walks.

Realistically he’ll stay at the club and will continue to be a handy steady player at Collingwood who doesn’t ever really make a material impact.
I agree we need someone better than Cameron up forward but to play next to him not replace him. I don’t see Lynch or Grundy being anywhere near as effective as Cameron is up forward. It will be a shame when Lynch goes but it is what it is.

I’m ok with that scenario. Premiership teams need role players and Cameron has shown he can play a handy role.

He loses appreciation when he picks Cox in any team let alone as a medical sub

Lot of commentary around selecting Cox as the Medical sub. Not what I would have done but realistically what difference did it make. Any other option very unlikely to make us a 4 goal better side on the night.

Yeah, I think we expected a backwards, but not this badly. I doubt anyone would have expected us to be in this position. And we wanted to get as many picks in last years draft. I think the trade with GWS was fine because we'll still get the #1 pick, plus all those we got from the exchange last year

The List will improve next year but the ladder position will be very similar to this year

Cameron has been a great forward of the ball for a number of weeks for us, he clearly is a forward. Theres no one better available either. Terrible take.

I got concussion and covid mixed up, happens

Understandable. Concussion is what's affecting the NSW health advice, Covid is what we get as a consequence.

Lot of commentary around selecting Cox as the Medical sub. Not what I would have done but realistically what difference did it make. Any other option very unlikely to make us a 4 goal better side on the night.
I'm not sure of your point... Because the bad decision wasn't the reason we lost (in your opinion), therefore nothing to see here??? No point in commenting on glaringly bad decision???

Besides, I don't think "what difference did it make" is a correct assessment anyway. The correct question to ask is "could it have made a difference?"
And in this game yes it could have. Despite the umpiring, we were right in that game... insert Sier as Pendles replacement instead of Cox....and...

Last edited:
Madness to bring in Howe before a warm up in the VFL. What is the point?? Why risk another injury setback when the result of this game has no significance for us in terms of finals.
Howe waits until he can play VFL, and we give him 1 or 2 games there before selecting him.
You cannot play Cox and Cameron in the same team, with our current team conformation. If we had had another mid against PA, rather than subbing in Cox for Pendles, we might have actually had a chance.
Probably Cameron stays in for the moment, but if Darcy doesn't perform bring Cox in next week.
Sier comes in for Pendles. Sier gets his chance at last. I am glad about this: we need to see what Sier is capable of. TBH, I am shocked that Harvey keeps refusing to select him. He has only the rest of this season to demonstrate why he should stay on our list.
If Tay Adams is also injured, then either jay Rantall or Reef McInnes has his debut (again, assuming neither WHE or Mayne is available).
Instructions on Game Day: Play like you did against PA. Move the ball fast through the corridor, and let the young players enjoy the experience.

who is Tohill going to play on? Kennedy? Darling? Oscar Allen? All would destroy him & kick a bag. He isn’t good enough.
So that ‘s your take after 1 game? That’s pretty poor on that note Gin should never play as he was much worse but I’m tipping you won’t say that. Yes Anton struggled with the pace early but the guy is a very good footballer, he’s got a massive kick on him and is very skilled for a man his size. Definitely worth giving him another game, play him on the mobile Allen, Roughy goes to Kennedy and Madge/Howe on Darling.
Madge and or Tohill don’t play when Moore and Howe are back that’s a given but let’s test our list before seasons end and give the new coach some data to work with.

Cameron is OK and may end up very good in the role.
He may. He should theoretically have a very different developmental arc compared to most 26 year-olds, and he should have far less wear on his body at this stage. I wonder how he'll develop with another preseason under his belt. His contested marking is awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back