Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 20 vs. WCE, MCG Sat 31/07 @ 4:15pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to beat Hawks. Big question is when do we play them. Might be this week given the WA border restrictions

If North lose to Adelaide they'll get the wooden spoon. If they win, then it will likely be the loser of our game against Hawthorn that gets the spoon, assuming we don't win any of our other games. If we win a game we'll dodge the spoon

Madness to bring in Howe before a warm up in the VFL. What is the point?? Why risk another injury setback when the result of this game has no significance for us in terms of finals.
Howe waits until he can play VFL, and we give him 1 or 2 games there before selecting him.
You cannot play Cox and Cameron in the same team, with our current team conformation. If we had had another mid against PA, rather than subbing in Cox for Pendles, we might have actually had a chance.
Probably Cameron stays in for the moment, but if Darcy doesn't perform bring Cox in next week.
Sier comes in for Pendles. Sier gets his chance at last. I am glad about this: we need to see what Sier is capable of. TBH, I am shocked that Harvey keeps refusing to select him. He has only the rest of this season to demonstrate why he should stay on our list.
If Tay Adams is also injured, then either jay Rantall or Reef McInnes has his debut (again, assuming neither WHE or Mayne is available).
Instructions on Game Day: Play like you did against PA. Move the ball fast through the corridor, and let the young players enjoy the experience.

Problem is that we don't know when we play in the VFL

They’ve lost Liam Ryan to a hammy, big loss he usually does well against us. That said, with our current outs, this is a very big ask. Darling hasn’t been in great form, but their talls always worry us even with Moore, without moore, I hope it rains. Eagles struggle in the wet, big reason north beat them.

They’ve lost Liam Ryan to a hammy, big loss he usually does well against us. That said, with our current outs, this is a very big ask. Darling hasn’t been in great form, but their talls always worry us even with Moore, without moore, I hope it rains. Eagles struggle in the wet, big reason north beat them.
They also struggle immensely away from Perth, which it seems this game will be. Maynard will trounce Darling once more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Howe gets the all clear then he plays this week.
I’d be putting all the boys on long term injury list (even Howe) all out to rest and build for 2022. No point now taking risks to get them back on the park. We’re not going to make finals. Just keep playing the kids.

I reckon Sier must have told the club he is leaving next season. That's the only explanation for him continuing to be overlooked at selection.

Or he could be serving a club imposed suspension over something we don’t know about?

Surprised a media person hasn’t thought to ask the senior coach if Sier is available for selection?

I’d be putting all the boys on long term injury list (even Howe) all out to rest and build for 2022. No point now taking risks to get them back on the park. We’re not going to make finals. Just keep playing the kids.
No need to play Howe. Keep him on ice till next year and lets continue to 'play the kids'. It's unbelievable how many players we have again lost to long term injury. Next year is sure to be the same, so better to start the year with a fit and healthy Howe rather than risking him in a year where we are going to finish in the bottom few anyway.

Well, if Treloar wins a flag, we will claim 33% of 1/22nd of a flag, since we have invested funds of this amount to the premiership team 🤨

Cool, and we can run a lottery for who gets to wield the scissors.

Or he could be serving a club imposed suspension over something we don’t know about?

Surprised media person has (not) thought to ask the senior coach if Sier is available for selection?
The question seems an obvious one to ask at the press conferences unless the media are given a list of questions 'not to ask' under threat of exclusion the next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back