Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 21 vs. Hawthorn, MCG Sun 08/08 @ 2:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just quietly in less than two weeks we meet Brisbane, I'd be inclined to move that game, - likely now IMO - to either Melbourne and if, we still can't get crowds, - unlikely - play it in Tassie.

Can't wait for this weeks game - the following game against Brisbane will be at the MCG IMO

Just quietly in less than two weeks we meet Brisbane, I'd be inclined to move that game, - likely now IMO - to either Melbourne and if, we still can't get crowds, - unlikely - play it in Tassie.

Can't wait for this weeks game - the following game against Brisbane will be at the MCG IMO

Brisbane would be filthy if they miss a home game against us after the reschedule in Round 3!

Not sure how we do it but McCreery already has done enough for me simply to be best 22. I’m not sure how we find a spot for him, but I guess that’s not my problem.

It’s a touch rough but it’s probably Ginnivan, regardless get it done Robert 😂
Nah Ginnivan stays for the rest of the season.

McCreery will have to bide his time, given he has been out for 6 weeks. Play in the VFL.

McCreery’s form before he got injured was better than anything Ginnivan or Bianca has shown,so I would bring him straight in,if he’s cleared by the medical staff of course,You can’t under estimate the forward pressure he brings to this side.I saw a stat that said he was getting the most inside 50 tackles of any player in the competition before he got injured.Very impressive for a first year player.

McCreery’s form before he got injured was better than anything Ginnivan or Bianca has shown,so I would bring him straight in,if he’s cleared by the medical staff of course,You can’t under estimate the forward pressure he brings to this side.I saw a stat that said he was getting the most inside 50 tackles of any player in the competition before he got injured.Very impressive for a first year player.
You can't drop anyone after a win like that where everyone contributed. So Ginnivan stays and Bianco kicked 2. McCreery is just another 1st year player like everyone else. Will have to wait his turn. He can only come in IF they feel Bianco needs a rest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Madgen
In: McInnes/Wilson

Nothing wrong with Madgen’s game but he’s not needed for structural reasons. Mayne should take his spot vacating his wing spot.

I’m on the no change bandwagon, but if we’re looking for one this is my angle as well. Although I personally would put Wilson into the sweeper role and keep Mayne on the wing.

We’ve invested a lot of senior time into Madgen in 2021 for limited output because he is what he is a slow poorly skilled defender who’ll get it 15-20 times in that role. I’d just rather we take another look at a slow highly skilled defender in that sweeper role to see if we can get even more bite out of our R50 work.

Mccreery has shown he’s good enough for seniors. With 3 games to go, I’d def be keen on being cautious with him, no point risking an injury with 3 games. I think VFL pace is the right call

Leaning towards no change after that performance.

Would love to see McInnes debut but not sure who goes out after that.

If Bianco needs a spell maybe him.
From a matchups perspective maybe we could take out Madgen with Howe back in.

Love McCreery but would give him a game in the VFL before bringing him back in.

Wilson the sub. Murphy to get game time in the VFL.

we are investing in youth as quickly as feasibly possible. If mcCreery comes in then ether he’s a straight swap for Ginnivan, or maybe Bianco gets rested. We still need to win games and advance as far up the ladder as we can to draft Nick Daicos as cheaply as we can

murphy is also one of the players who might be the future. he needs time. People write our young players off so easily…..
Pardon the ignorance, but how does finishing higher on the ladder get us Daicos any cheaper?

As far as I can tell, the higher we finish the less points for Daics we will have with our own picks (higher finish, less valuable picks) - and it’s not going to alter the finishing position of other teams whose picks we have: Dogs, Freo, Adelaide (?)

IN: Reef Wilson

OUT: Bianco Mayne/Madgen
Why bring Reef in on the strength of 15 possessions when the guy is obviously not fully match fit. Leave him till next year. We don't need to see every one of our new players in action. Bianco was played as a small forward and kicked two goals. Why drop him? Madgen and Mayne were alright and are definitely not going to be dropped for a guy who was given a number of AFL games and failed to impress. You don't change players just for the sake of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back