Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 21 vs. Hawthorn, MCG Sun 08/08 @ 2:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree he has got something worth developing. Think the defensive wing role Mayne has vacated will be a spot worth developing him into. Don’t think he will get a gig down back for a while if Howe is fit and Ruscoe firing.

Speed? I reckon he’s an average to above average VFL wingman, but I’d be concerned v the likes of Hill, Duursma, Scholl, Florent etc. I think Mayne gets exposed on that front, but his footy brain and experience bridge the gap enough for him to be adequate.

I know I’ve said it in this thread, but I think if he’s to make it at AFL level it needs to be in the sweeper role that Madgen is currently filling. That way his lack of pace is harder to exploit and his skills are utilised with the exit kick. I’m not sure if his positioning is up to it yet.

I was so wrong about Ruscoe. I'm often wrong but Trey once again taught me the lesson of not jumping the gun too early on young players.

Wilson needs the same opportunity to shine and I hope he gets it next year in the backline with either Crisp and even Maynard doing more work in the centre.
I thought Ruscoe was less than insipid as a forward. I didn't jump the gun. He was. Now that he has gone back he is playing good footy, but there is no need for a mea culpa.

I thought Ruscoe was less than insipid as a forward. I didn't jump the gun. He was. Now that he has gone back he is playing good footy, but there is no need for a mea culpa.

He Kicked goals as a Forward so I thought he was doing a Good Job but Looks Better down back

Yeah these retrospective Ruscoe takes are odd, most wanted to see him down back.

A bit of hyperbole there. He averaged a goal a game across his 1st 7 as a small-medium forward. There was lots of equally hyperbolic comment around at the time that we’d found 1. Looked a bit lost when he didn’t have the footy. Not sure about scared.

Last edited:
A bit of hyperbole there. He averaged a goal a game across his 1st 7 as a small-medium forward. There was lots of equally hyperbolic comment around at the time that we’d found 1. Looked a bit lost when he didn’t have the footy. Not sure about scared.
Our ball movement wouldn't have helped.

Unbelievably, Pies still a mathematical chance for finals if they keep winning and other results, however unlikely, fall our way. Barracking for Cats, Suns, North, Sydney, Dogs and lions this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we play the way we did last week against the weagles . The ground naturaly lends itself to fast open play its very easy to find space on will daicos play again rhis year

Never laid a tackle or flew for a contested mark up forward. He looked like he'd never played the game before and fluked a few goals that fell intohis lap . Been very good down back.

Never laid a tackle or flew for a contested mark up forward. He looked like he'd never played the game before and fluked a few goals that fell intohis lap . Been very good down back.

LOL, yeah players "fluke" a few goals at senior level all the time. Positioned himself well, managed to draw free kicks, even crumbed the spillage from out the front of a marking contest and spun around and hooked it over his shoulder for another of those flukes. His issues were he was defensively poor as a forward but there are small-medium forwards who eke out very handy careers with that flaw. As I say, hyperbole. Both ways.

LOL, yeah players "fluke" a few goals at senior level all the time. Positioned himself well, managed to draw free kicks, even crumbed the spillage from out the front of a marking contest and spun around and hooked it over his shoulder for another of those flukes. His issues were he was defensively poor as a forward but there are small-medium forwards who eke out very handy careers with that flaw. As I say, hyperbole. Both ways.
No hyperbole about his early performances. He was terrible other than showing he was an accurate kick when he got the pill. People weren't advocating the delisting of a player at the end if his first season for no reason.

If we lose this s**t man.. imma get my Masters in Human Rights.. get a 16 hr a fortnight casual job working at a guilt free vegan cardboard restaraunt and wander up and down Brunswick St all day looking up at the sky and smiling for no no apparent reason whilst asking everyone for rollies at odd intervals.. when I'm not working.

I have completely had it. I'm done man. I can't.

Last edited:
At best he’s okay... at worst he’s a (near) 30 year old spud. Bianco already surpassed him inside 10 games

The kids like Bianco, McReery, Ginnivan should be prioritised over him and Thomas delisted at years end
Don’t disagree that the kids get games before him if warranted.

I think he gets at least another year though, even if he plays a combination of AFL and VFL.

All the media hounds are saying NO WAY WE WILL GET CLARKSON HE IS NOT INTERESTED IN THE PIES.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back