Unofficial Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 22 vs. Sydney, Sun 14/08, 3:20pm SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

When they say “the flu”, are we talking actual influenza or just common colds? If the latter, I’d have thought there’s plenty of time to be up and going for Sunday, even if that means some of them flying up a bit later than the rest of the team.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
unfortunately footy clubs and footy media use the term so loosely ( and totally inaccurately) for every illness GPs must cringe. If it is influenza then they wont be up and about for a week

I know. It drives me nuts when a gun player is ruled out and a coach responds by saying "It means someone else gets an opportunity," as if a player previously outside of the best 22 is going to have the same impact.
When you know damn well that they don't deserve the opportunity and that's why they haven't been in the previous best 10 best 22's.

If we win this week, we can’t finish lower than 3rd. Pressure is on.

PS would have been funny if the boys got food poisoning instead of the flu. Headline: Dinner Poisoning.

I think they’ll pull up fine.
'Is there a doctor in the forum?'
Yes there is and here's his prognosis. They'll all play!!! Yeah!

I'd wanna hope the club is professional enough to have these guys up by Sunday

Plenty of options available to them like IVs and such to have them more than capable of playing on Sunday

It would be a borderline indictment on the club's medical staff if they couldn't get 3 players ready to play in 4 days from...the flu.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty of options available to them like IVs and such to have them more than capable of playing on Sunday

It would be a borderline indictment on the club's medical staff if they couldn't get 3 players ready to play in 4 days from...the flu.
will-ferrell-stressed-out.gif

They should be hitting the zinc tablets - big time

Sydney have only lost 2 games at the SCG this year. Back to back games against the Lions & Suns.

The Lions game Paddy did not play. In the GCS game, they just swarmed their backline with 14 more Inside 50s.

Interestingly, the swans have lost the marking count in 3 games at home. They lost 2 of those 3 games.

When you consider that with the video dropped on first crack earlier this week, it’s pretty clear that teams who lower their eyes and pick through their zone will challenge them. However, if you bomb the ball down the line, you’ll be playing into their hands.

Last edited:
Zinc
Vitamin C

All through IV

Hell, get some garlic into them too
Hospitals in SEA put people on these kind of drips all the time. You see them coming home from hospital on the back of a motorbike holding the drip stand, with a wrist attached by a tube to the bag at the top, and the patient happy not to be sent home without some form of medicine. There's no reason why each of our chaps couldn't be attached to one of these right up till game time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back