Unofficial Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 23 vs. Carlton, Sun 21/08, 3:20pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I do because Maynard didn't exactly take to a midfield role yesterday, so there doesn't seem much point in moving him from a spot in which he excels.
He's been training to take midfield minutes, and only a sustained run in that position will decide his ability to excel.
While Adams and JDG are out, we have few big bodies to play mid, so I suspect Maynard will be used.

But it's a pattern of his historically to go missing and fumble in physical hard contests.

He's a typical front runner type, when the team plays well he does.
Don’t disagree, hence the indifference. However players with his attributes are critical in a winning side. I think he played well in the 2018 GF?

Out: Ginnivan, Bianco, Brown
In: Henry, McRae, Carmichael (Medi sub)

Is McRae contracted? Because the fact that he can't get a game ahead of Brown and Chugg tells me he's probably leaving
Yes, he signed a 2 year contract last month. Until the end of 2024

Untrue. McMahon is significantly taller than Kelly (and has been playing much better than him lately)
McMahon needs a pre-season, Kelly needs to work on his game significantly. He'll be a fifth year player next year and hasn't done too much in that time. Excluding injuries, the output is still too low.

In: JDG, Henry
Out: Ginnivan, Brown
Sub: Carmichael
Henry had 8 disposals, no goals and no tackles yesterday. He’s not getting a senior game off the back of that.

Maybe Macrae's omission has something to do with the loss of his father? It's getting to the point where it's hard to think of a reason when senior players have commented on his strong game.
Fly has said he wants to give him a full season in the midfield at VFL level to prepare him for AFL.

Henry had 8 disposals, no goals and no tackles yesterday. He’s not getting a senior game off the back of that.
He was very well held by Gould. And I think he may have only played a half. But him coming in wouldnt be based on yesterday. He has had a solid few games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I felt C. Brown did enough to hold his place. He receives criticism on here but praise was due after yesterday. He may have saved his career.
It will be one to watch after the season.

Before yesterday I was certain that no other club would come in for him to give him a life line, but you never know

I felt C. Brown did enough to hold his place. He receives criticism on here but praise was due after yesterday. He may have saved his career.
It just doesn't make sense. we have players in the VFL that are going to fly past Brown next year, I would rather use the his spot for a speculative tall defender. Enough of the Brown stuff, he is a very ordinary player

I've got a feeling in my water that Jordy won't get up for this week.
Mcrae said he could've played yesterday but they didn't want to risk further aggravating the complaint. I reckon they might play him this week, because the week off would've done him some good, plus he'll get another week off before the finals.

Mcrae said he could've played yesterday but they didn't want to risk further aggravating the complaint. I reckon they might play him this week, because the week off would've done him some good, plus he'll get another week off before the finals.
Hope you're right, but if he plays and does it properly, his season is over.

Fly has said he wants to give him a full season in the midfield at VFL level to prepare him for AFL.
I wonder what the reasoning (not taking pot shots) is behind that vs a Carmichael that has already played from a mid season recruiting point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back