Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 3 vs. Brisbane, MARVEL Thurs 01/04 @ 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
The Gabba. Just mentioning that stadium brings back the PTSD caused by last year's semi against Geelong.

The Lions might be 0-2, and another loss would make their quest for top 4 a whole lot harder.

The Lions look lot more potent with Daniher added into their line-up whom has troubled Moore in the past.

CHANGES

IN:
Greenwood
OUT: Elliott (inj)

JT was quiet but you can't lose him and Elliott in the same week.

Murphy or Mayne in for Madgen the other possibility.

Last edited:
The Gabba. Just mentioning that stadium brings back the PTSD caused by last year's semi against Geelong.

The Lions might be 0-2, and another loss would make their quest for top 4 a whole lot harder.

The Lions look lot more potent with Daniher added into their line-up whom has troubled Moore in the past.

CHANGES

IN:
Greenwood

Greenwood no good off a spell, takes him 5 games to hit his straps.

I would try Henry again. With better ball movement he’s a chance.

Like to se Keane get a go, couple of lumps up forward for the Lions and a good game to give him a run.
A rest for Magden

Also persist with Trey, showed a bit more endeavour this week.

Elliott the obvious out due to injury.

Maybe use the super sub to blood a few kids

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

CHANGES

IN:
Greenwood

Out: Elliot, JT
In: McCreey, Cameron

Brisbane run with the 2 ruckman combination. Mcinerney & Fullarton.
Grundy will need help.

Thomas had 7 possessions for the game.

In: Witches Hat

Out: Thomas

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Not everything can be measured in possessions. That’s a simplistic view not held by the coaches.

Sure he didn’t set the world on fire, but he plays a role.You’d rather bring in an untried youngster who hasn’t played football in 12 months?

He’s not my favourite player but we are limited in options.

JT should be safe since Elliott is out. No point dropping 2 small forwards when the small forwards worked.

Out: Elliot, Tyler Brown
In: McCreery, Macrae

OUT: Elliott - Thomas - Ruscoe
IN: Murphy - Macrae - Greenwood

FB: Maynard - Roughead - Howe
HB: Murphy - Moore - Quaynor
C: Daicos - Adams - Noble
HF: Sidebottom - Mihocek - Macrae
FF: De Goey - Cox - Hoskin-Elliott
FOLL: Grundy - Pendlebury - Crisp
INT: Madgen - Sier - Greenwood - T. Brown
Emergency: C. Brown

Could easily see less changes, but I think Thomas and Ruscoe need a long spell in the reserves with how they've been playing. Cal Brown was ineffective once again, and prefer the physicality Greenwood brings. Tyler Brown needs to lift. He's had two tackles for the whole season. He's getting the footy more though, which is promising, but given the pressure Mayne provides at the same spot I reckon his tackling has to improve.
Liked seeing Crisp up the ground, hence Murphy's inclusion. Will add a lot of class to our backline with his kicking, and allows Noble to remain at his best spot further up field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ins: Murphy Greenwood and one of the young Mc’s not fussed which one.
Keep Crisp on the ball and Murphy can be that 7th defender. Greenwood because it’s Levi and he’ll die before giving up and one of the Mc’s I couldn’t tell you who was who but apparently they both are good.
Out: Elliott, Ruscoe, JT

Out: Thomas, Ruscoe, Elliott
In: Greenwood, Cameron, Macrae
Keen for this.

Cox looks good running out from the goal square, up the ground he sucks. Cameron rucking when Grundy needs a spell allows Cox to stay forward.

Cal or Greenwood can be the sub.

Sier is on thin ice

Like to se Keane get a go, couple of lumps up forward for the Lions and a good game to give him a run.
A rest for Magden

Also persist with Trey, showed a bit more endeavour this week.

Elliott the obvious out due to injury.

Maybe use the super sub to blood a few kids

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Trey shouldn't get pats on the back for showing the endeavour you'd expect from an under 12s footballer. He had one possession, a lace out pass from Degoey. He didn't lay an effective tackle or run any one down like Adams or Brown did. He played over a half of footy. That is not worthy of another game.
Once again he hit the scoreboard with a set up from a teammate. He is a good set shot. That's a positive.
I'd like to see one of our small forwards picked up in this year's draft have a go.

Trey shouldn't get pats on the back for showing the endeavour you'd expect from an under 12s footballer. He had one possession, a lace out pass from Degoey. He didn't lay an effective tackle or run any one down like Adams or Brown did. He played over a half of footy. That is not worthy of another game.
Once again he hit the scoreboard with a set up from a teammate. He is a good set shot. That's a positive.
I'd like to see one of our small forwards picked up in this year's draft have a go.

Absolutely. Bloke played enough game time to make a real impact and again did very little.

I really don’t think he is capable of winning his own ball.

Out: WHE, Elliott , Ruscoe
In: Greenwood, Macrae, McCreery

I think Thomas is a lot more important to our structure than Ruscoe. Not saying Thomas is great, but we just don’t have a direct replacement.

I’m still not sure what Ruscoe brings to the team. He doesn’t seem to do much except when he is spoon-fed the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I know one thing for certain, and that is that we can't play both Browns in the same team yet, Callum is just a nothing player and for 5 years in the system he still hasn't improved on any of the things we would've expected by now. I don't rate Tyler yet either, but I don't see anyone coming through yet that will replace them.

I like Tyler Brown, I think he will really start to flourish with more game time. He is clean, nimble in traffic, composed by hand and not bad overhead. He does need to tackle more (although he had only 1 less pressure act than Adams), and his use by foot definitely needs work. But I think we have to keep investing in him.

I’d probably settle for just the two changes:

OUT: Elliott, Ruscoe
IN: Greenwood, McCreery

I like Tyler Brown, I think he will really start to flourish with more game time. He is clean, nimble in traffic, composed by hand and not bad overhead. He does need to tackle more (although he had only 1 less pressure act than Adams), and his use by foot definitely needs work. But I think we have to keep investing in him.

I’d probably settle for just the two changes:

OUT: Elliott, Ruscoe
IN: Greenwood, McCreery
Ruscoe is not an out as he was the sub, unless you mean you’re picking one of those 2 ins as a sub

Ruscoe is not an out as he was the sub, unless you mean you’re picking one of those 2 ins as a sub
Ah yep, my mistake. I’d probably just make the one change then (and yes I wouldn’t have Ruscoe as the sub).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back