Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 4 vs. GWS, MCG Sat 10/04 @ 7:25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree WHE should've been dropped BUT if we won last week no body would be slamming the club as much as they are now. There's no need for huge changes yet, we should be 2-1 and we aren't playing too bad. We've brought in one kid and I assume there will be a few more in coming weeks. The kids will benefit from the VFL starting next week.

Everyone around here needs to chill out, it's round 4.
Our best player is 33 - we have no KPF, no on-the-rise midfielders & no-one under the age of 21 on the list who's played AFL football and shown there's something to be excited about moving forward.

We're not in a good position, at all. People rightfully want to see us blood youth, over the selection of blokes who haven't performed at a reasonable level in 3 years.

Look at Essendon and Sydney last night kids played really well.
Play the ******* kids you fu** head.
Rantall, Bianco, Wilson, McCrae, McInnes, Poulter, Murphy, Henry, McMahon and Chugg a combination of all of them should be in the 22 every week
I certainly think several of them should be playing ahead of the ones that are out of form, very limited, playing scared (or whatever you prefer to call what WHE is doing), or all of the above.
As for Tyler, he was fumbly last week, but I think most of us see long-term potential there. While his physique is still developing, playing VFL mid rather than AFL wing won't harm his development, but clearly there have been several playing worse.
If it had been Macrae and McCreery for C. Brown and WHE, I would've been okay with it for now, but something a little bolder like Wilson for Madgen would be nice.
As for Thomas, he was really good early and then quiet (in a F50 starved of good opportunities). Would it have killed Buckley to throw him in the middle, given how badly the centre square set up was working?.

Last edited:

This club , and more to the point, the coach had the opportunity to make a clear statement at the selection table this week after the insipid and gutless display by a few of our players last week , Buckley had a mandate to send a clear message to the playing group. and he failed dismally , he avoids making the calls time and time again to address our on field weaknesses and keeps selecting his failed favourites, if he is there next year , I won`t be renewing my family membership, 45 year strong member , done with this sh#tshow

Gee, there’s some over-reaction on here. Lost last week by a point to a 2020 Preliminary finalist and the hyperbole is completely over the top. There were never going to be wholesale changes.

Last edited:
Our best player is 33 - we have no KPF, no on-the-rise midfielders & no-one under the age of 21 on the list who's played AFL football and shown there's something to be excited about moving forward.

We're not in a good position, at all. People rightfully want to see us blood youth, over the selection of blokes who haven't performed at a reasonable level in 3 years.
I agree with you, but it's only round 4. There is plenty of time for that through out the season. McCreery is in this week, Macrae sounds like he's not far away, and when Kelly is ready I think he'll be picked as well. All of these young guys haven't played a VFL game yet, no need to rush them in if they're not ready.

I agree with you, but it's only round 4. There is plenty of time for that through out the season. McCreery is in this week, Macrae sounds like he's not far away, and when Kelly is ready I think he'll be picked as well. All of these young guys haven't played a VFL game yet, no need to rush them in if they're not ready.
There are quite a few teams playing kids who haven't played VFL yet, all that is saying is that our development of first year players has been s**t

I’m not concerned with Tyler Brown going out he gives us nothing. I’m just not sure why Madgen, Mayne and Hoskin-Elliott aren’t going with him.

Hard to understand what Buckley is doing , surely this is a finger to the media and us supporters ,
i don't think he has the ability to accept he was wrong last week, well for a few years now. Needs to be sacked asap.

He’s clearly trying to maximize Wins to increase his chances of re-appointment, like any other Coach in their last year.
So understandably there will be minimum experimentation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wrighty is a man of true integrity, will honour the contract given to figjam , even whilst not under his watch , come seasons end , Tijuana Bucks

Then tell him ASAP He and his Mates are not getting new Contracts then

Gee, there’s some over-reaction on here. Lost last week by a point to the 2020 RU and the hyperbole is completely over the top. There were never going to be wholesale changes.

UMMMM Brisbane did not play the Granny

Woeful .... bloody woeful selection.

That WHE stays in after such insipid performance. Mind boggling.
I am equally bemused. Unless Tyler is injured, I guess we’ll see if he lines up in the 2’s.

if you gift games then you can’t expect an improvement from the fringe players in our 22. I’m an avid NBA follower and the introduction of Aaron Gordon to the Nuggets team has pushed them into favourites status, not because he’s that good but because that competition for starting spots has forced some of the lesser stars to start performing.

You can only hope they had stern words and that he promises to pull his finger out this week.

Like it or not it seems the only way Madgen, WHE and Cal Brown will get replaced is if the players underneath make themselves impossible not to pick. Can't wait for the VFL season to start.

I'm pleased Daics is going to get proper time on the wing so I'm not too disappointed about Ty being dropped, he's not versatile enough to play up forward so I don't really see him being in competition with WHE, Thomas and Cal for a spot.

I would be interested to see how Tyler would go if he had Sier's on ball minutes but I'm happy for those minutes to keep going to Sier for the moment.
I think you will find Mayne will be on the wing... Daics with the forwards again...

I think you will find Mayne will be on the wing... Daics with the forwards again...
I think you play your best players where they’ll be most impactful. Daicos had a stellar year on the wing last year, play him there. Sure he won’t cover in defence as well as Mayne but heck, let’s go out to win the game.

I like the in
I dont like the out.. T Brown is exactly the type of player we need to develop so dropping one development player for another doesnt make any sense.
I dont like only one change when there should have been two. I still maintain that we need a tall (Cameron or Kelly) to come in for WHE. I can only assume that they prefer Kelly and are happy to wait until hes got another game or two under his belt.

But I'm not going to bitch about it. Its a good enough line up to win.

I like the in.

I think you play your best players where they’ll be most impactful. Daicos had a stellar year on the wing last year, play him there. Sure he won’t cover in defence as well as Mayne but heck, let’s go out to win the game.
Haha.. If what you say is correct, then a few should be played in the VFL as that is where they will be most impactful...

:D

I’m restraining myself because I’m about to lose it with Bucks and the club. Glad I followed through with no renewing my membership this season I can’t put money into this club at the moment until things change. Ed gone is one step next is the coaching panel of Bucks and his mates.
Ok there were other more personal reasons why I didn’t renew but don’t tell anyone because it will ruin my outrage. 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back