Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 4 vs. GWS, MCG Sat 10/04 @ 7:25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colour me blindsided. Our selection and relative position in the competition are clearly at odds. Whilst I’m not keen on bulk kids dropping one of the few younger players in our line up seems bizarre to me with so many senior bodies underperforming. It’s also completely at odds with the messaging of a youth push.

For me it’s a case of so what if we beat a poor and undermanned GWS with this line up? What do we gain for the long term? There’s a clear disconnect between the FD and fan base which will only widen with this sort of decision making.

I’m restraining myself because I’m about to lose it with Bucks and the club. Glad I followed through with no renewing my membership this season I can’t put money into this club at the moment until things change. Ed gone is one step next is the coaching panel of Bucks and his mates.
Ok there were other more personal reasons why I didn’t renew but don’t tell anyone because it will ruin my outrage. 😂

Nobody cares whether youre a member or not.

Pay up or dont, its your choice, but dont pretend youre making some sort of political statement.

Colour me blindsided. Our selection and relative position in the competition are clearly at odds. Whilst I’m not keen on bulk kids dropping one of the few younger players in our line up seems bizarre to me with so many senior bodies underperforming. It’s also completely at odds with the messaging of a youth push.

So play VFL Players instead of Promising Kids

So play VFL Players instead of Promising Kids

What do you mean? Because this doesn’t make sense in the context of my post.

Was on the same flight as GWS team just now. Have to say an air ( no pun intended) of confidence about the grp on the way over. Also, Ricardi is one big individual!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They’ve picked a 23 that’ll definitely challenge us. Of all the other 17 clubs they seem the most intent to go super tall against us and it often works! I was hopeful of only one of Finlayson, Riccardi and Mumford getting a call up so to be facing all 3 is frustrating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me it’s a case of so what if we beat a poor and undermanned GWS with this line up? What do we gain for the long term? There’s a clear disconnect between the FD and fan base which will only widen with this sort of decision making.
What do we gain for the short term? We’ve seen what our best 22 can do and they’re not contending.

The only thing the club gain is to protect the ego. Racking up an easy win against GWS will vindicate backing the old players.

Last edited:
The lack of meaningful changes sends a very strange message to the players and supporters. It seems to be condoning what we served up last week as an acceptable performance. It wasn’t. And the biggest offenders should have been held accountable at the selection table.

To make matters worse, WHE and Cal Brown (among others) will probably play a bit better this week, thereby prolonging their undeserving stay in our senior team for even more weeks.

What. A. Joke.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This VFL GWS side is considerably weaker than the side that got flogged by freos injury riddled side. Anything less than absolute dominance against them in Melb will say enough

Nobody cares whether youre a member or not.

Pay up or dont, its your choice, but dont pretend youre making some sort of political statement.
Really nobody cares, it seems to have hit a nerve with you. I’m just posting my opinions on the club and selections like everyone else and you seem to get a bit annoyed by it.

I like the in
I dont like the out.. T Brown is exactly the type of player we need to develop so dropping one development player for another doesnt make any sense.
I dont like only one change when there should have been two. I still maintain that we need a tall (Cameron or Kelly) to come in for WHE. I can only assume that they prefer Kelly and are happy to wait until hes got another game or two under his belt.

But I'm not going to b*tch about it. Its a good enough line up to win.

I like the in.

Well put.

So mired in bemusement am I at the continued selection of WHE in particular, I’ve lost sight that we get a first glimpse of McCreery and that’s a positive.

That said, I can’t get past the missed opportunity here. I don’t see what we’re going to get out of playing the likes of Madgen, WHE and C Brown at the moment at the expense of others.

And for those that say it’s hard to pick the kids off no football last year it doesn’t seem to be stopping the likes of Nik Cox and we shouldn’t be put off after playing Henry round 1.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haha.. If what you say is correct, then a few should be played in the VFL as that is where they will be most impactful...

:D
Going on current form I couldn’t agree more. Those same players though, when the team is humming and the system is working play better...because they get made to look better. Every team has players that look like they are contributing when the team is playing poorly.

When we get this almost negativity from you Jen it’s a pretty clear sign the club is on the nose...
yeah, sorry.. I'm not shocked. Bucks is trying to win and save his job. But the outside everyone clearly some players have run out of credits.

At least Nick is playing tomorrow, which I'll be going to.

What do we gain for the short term? We’ve seen what our best 22 can do and they not contending.

The only thing the club gain is to protect the ego. Racking up an easy win against GWS will vindicate backing the old players.

I can only assume we’re going alright v KPI’s that the club rate. They probably view a three goal loss to the Bulldogs, a win v Carlton and a one point loss to the Lions on the back of one passage of play reasonable. In the short term redemption for last week might be more valuable in their eyes. If that’s the thinking it’s horribly flawed, IMO, but that’s all I’ve got...

Our coach won’t be thinking long term as his priority I’m afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back