Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 5 vs. Essendon - FRI 03/07 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I think in a season like this, you will want to expose players like T Brown to as much footy as possible.
Hopefully soon we will get to see Kelly, Rantall, Bianco and Quaynor get some games soon. This may well be a possibility, with the now suggested condensing of as many games into one month of footy in the hubs.
With as many as 6 games per side in 4 weeks, player management will be crucial, so the younger guys on the list have a window of opportunity now, which is fantastic.

Yeah true. I just think in this case T Brown has had some exposure and his form says someone else should get a go.

Hopefully we see Phillips up on the wing more as his usual role.

I'd also like to see Jamie and De Goey spending a more time i50. I like the idea of them getting midfield minutes, however it hasn't really worked out as of yet, so I'd give them a run in their more familiar positions to get some touch and some confidence back.

Happy with the inclusions, I like the Shaz and Varcoe selections as it keeps our defensive set up the same, granted different personal. Hopefully we can see Sier get a gig soon and with Sidebottom returning in 4 weeks, and maybe Langdon at some point, we could be as close to full strength as we can (once you rule out the long-term injuries), heading towards the pointy end of the season.

Bombers fans seem to think Phillips is well ahead of Bellchambers despite being a debutant, I know nothing about him though.

I’ll educate you. Both are rubbish. But TBC is beyond cooked, he’s slow, can’t kick and spends more time on his ass then he does not, he has had 2 marks for the year.....2.......he may win a hit out every now and then but what other rucks provide across the ground eclipses any good he does.

If Grundy doesn’t get 3 votes I’ll be amazed.

i fully expect Essendon to get pantsed tonight unless a miracle happens. We just lost to Carlton ffs. Collingwood just too good across the park. Solid on every front.

Yes he did...

It depends whether we're going by the AFL app or the article the club put out. Normally I'm inclined to trust the club on knowing their selections but the AFL would have the specific team sheets submitted so maybe they're the accurate ones and the club's article was a copy/paste job.

It depends whether we're going by the AFL app or the article the club put out. Normally I'm inclined to trust the club on knowing their selections but the AFL would have the specific team sheets submitted so maybe they're the accurate ones and the club's article was a copy/paste job.
Its a strange one. In the clubs article it has Thomas, Cameron, Madgen, Sier as Emergencies, but on the afl app on the team lists on the game match day, it has Noble instead of Sier

So who knows..

Its a strange one. In the clubs article it has Thomas, Cameron, Madgen, Sier as Emergencies, but on the afl app on the team lists on the game match day, it has Noble instead of Sier

So who knows..
Nobles name is in amongst the Essendon players in the app too, so I’m a bit dubious about it.

Can’t believe the pathetic argument about whether or not Noble is on the emergency list. As if it matters either way.
It’s a discussion, not an argument. The only thing pathetic is the fact you felt the need to whinge about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy with the changes. Really hoping Shaz can play well. I reckon he'll play on either Townsend or Laverde. Whilst both can be dangerous players at times, an AFL level defender should be able to account for these guys.

Exactly. Then we will find out if he is AFL standard or not. I still have doubts, but would love to be proven wrong.

Nobles name is in amongst the Essendon players in the app too, so I’m a bit dubious about it.

Essendon's emergencies read Ned Cahill, Matt Guelfi, Dylan Clarke, Brandon Zerk-Thatcher according to the AFL.

I guess we'll never really know unless 1 of them gets a call-up or is the carry over player.

Essendon's emergencies read Ned Cahill, Matt Guelfi, Dylan Clarke, Brandon Zerk-Thatcher according to the AFL.

I guess we'll never really know unless 1 of them gets a call-up or is the carry over player.
Potentially the review that'll come next week about how certain players played in the scratch match.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Doesn’t really change my point about how many pointless posts I see of people analysing the emergency list

Until final team sheets are submitted the emergencies remain in-play so who they are remains very relevant. Especially with so little known about Adams issues post the GWS game.

I really hope we see something different this time round with Shazza, always been a big fan and injuries have been terrible, want to see him get out of the very last line of defence and less of the dinky little kicks or cheap marks and be more of a risk taker and attacking.

I really hope we see something different this time round with Shazza, always been a big fan and injuries have been terrible, want to see him get out of the very last line of defence and less of the dinky little kicks or cheap marks and be more of a risk taker and attacking.
Reports are that he has been 'going for it' with his kicks in the scratch matches. Perhaps he has been told this is his last shot and to leave nothing in the locker.

it’s good to see the depth we have despite losing irreplaceable players. we need to solidify these two wins agains bombers and bris whilst in meb as we will have tough games against geel and eagles in Perth without sidey, Howe and likely Roughead! South Australia has banned vic teams, so who knows what this season doing. let’s hope shaz gets through unscathed, it’s his first game back so don’t expect Howe stats. go pies 👍. On a side note, any chance Cloke can loan Cox his glove 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back