Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 6 vs. Essendon, MCG ANZAC Day Sun 25/04 @ 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already revising my changes due to Bucks’ presser.

OUT: De Goey (inj.) - Howe (inj.) - Mayne (omitted) - Keane (suspended)
IN: Cox - Murphy - Poulter - Kelly

FB: Maynard - Roughead - Madgen
HB: Murphy - Kelly - Quaynor
C: Daicos - Crisp - Noble
HF: Sidebottom - Moore - Mihocek
FF: Thomas - Cox - McCreery
FOLL: Grundy - Pendlebury - Sier
INT: Macrae - Cameron - Greenwood - Poulter
EMERG: C. Brown

- persist with Moore up forward against Essendon. With no JDG I feel we need him. Much better target up forward than Kelly.
- Murphy straight in for Howe. Good user, versatile size, and can swing onto a wing.
- Daicos as permanent wing. Mayne and Madgen might be the worst wing pairing I’ve ever witnessed. Would love to see Daicos on the receiving end of Pendles’ hand passes to the outside, not bloody Mayne.
- Cox straight back in. Was a shocking decision to drop him in the first place. Might leave us a bit tall, but Essendon have a slow aerial backline.
- give Poulter a shot. Can play wing and half-back, and would be a bloody lot better there than Mayne or Madgen. Bury Madgen in the back pocket, where he belongs (if anywhere).
- continue sending Grundy forward. He looked good there when our mids were on top.

Nothing against him but Keane isn't in our best 22, has to be dropped. Moore back Cox in

Well you can;t write off a young guy after one bad game; but oh lordy! that was a bad game! I guess from here, the only way is up for him.

Bucks has not written off little boy Brown after 53 gifted games, there is hope for all

Maynard. Keane. Madgen
IQ. Roughy. Mayne
Daicos. McRae. Crisp
WHE. Moore. Kelly
McReery. Cox. Sidebottom

Grundy Sier Pendlebury

TBrown. Greenwood Noble. Ruscoe

sub Murphy

Essendons defence:

Ridley -195
Heppell -189
Reid -202
Redman - 187
Laverde -193
Francis -193

Please for the love of god play tall Buckley.

Cox, Cameron, Mihocek & De Goey.

Please bring in Kelly for anyone missing.

Imagine 212cms Cox playing on 2nd gamer Reid or someone seriously undersized.

This is such a simple decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Tom Wilson gets a kick in the 2s and can push in for Howe's spot.

I'd give Keane a run of games from here, no point really in picking him for one game here and there, won't achieve much at all. I'd say he would only get a fine for the trip on Kennedy?

Might reserve other change suggestions until after seeing the VFL game.

Interesting comments from bucks in his presser. Wants to continue with Moore forward, wants to see if that’s the future and wants more than one game to assess.

Was asked if Cox comes in and replied by posing a question to the journalist “then what happens to our ground level pressure?”

Availability of personal will largely dictate if Moore stays forward and Cox gets recalled, but I get the impression that given a full roster his preference is Moore forward and Cox out at this point in time.

Interesting comments from bucks in his presser. Wants to continue with Moore forward, wants to see if that’s the future and wants more than one game to assess.

Was asked if Cox comes in and replied by posing a question to the journalist “then what happens to our ground level pressure?

Availability of personal will largely dictate if Moore stays forward and Cox gets recalled, but I get the impression that given a full roster his preference is Moore forward and Cox out at this point in time.

What ground pressure?

Was asked if Cox comes in and replied by posing a question to the journalist “then what happens to our ground level pressure?”

Did he watch the game? The Eagles picked us off and played keepings off because we consistently got outmarked

Cal Brown and Thomas out please. Hoskin Elliott should stay out too.

We looked really positive with movement and tackling pressure up forward. Those two don’t provide either and actively disrupt our ability to harass and hem the ball in.

Did he watch the game? The Eagles picked us off and played keepings off because we consistently got outmarked
Bucks is playing for the future. Expect another debut next week.

I thought in the first quarter our forward line looked more dynamic than it has for a very long time. But after quarter time our midfield got smashed and our delivery was garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back