Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 7 vs. Geelong - Optus Stadium (WA), 8:10pm Thur 16/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's an article on the Herald Sun about some players having their family "blocked" from travelling. Anyone care to share the important details which may clarify earlier discussions?
Roughy (medical reasons) and Mayne have been given exemptions for their families to join the hub, but all others have been barred and have returned to Melbourne

While I enjoyed the footy last night, I have a sneaking suspicion we played a pretty ordinary side. I’m worried our form is a bit of false economy. I hope we prove it wasn’t a fluke when we play the Cats.

In: De Goey, Daicos/Sier, Cameron
Out: Kelly (inj.), C Brown, Cox

I think that’s about right. I’d also be comfortable with Sier replacing Elliott if he needs a rest, as Sier can replace what Elliott was providing in midfield this week.

We are in a good position with only half game off top spot most likely at end of round. It could of been so much better too had we done what we should of done and beat tigers & GWS. So frustrating we didn’t get 8 point from those games. We have played mostly top 8 teams too. So after WA hub we playing cats freo & eagles if we can pinch 2 of those games we will be set. Our run home will be a lot easier.

Out : Kelly brown wills
In : de goey daicos sier

Now wills didn’t have a bad by his standards but we have a tough few games coming up and he will get found out. He ain’t that good.

If Sharenberg daicos & Elliot don’t come up then I would bring in keane appleby and Callum gets another go

While I enjoyed the footy last night, I have a sneaking suspicion we played a pretty ordinary side. I’m worried our form is a bit of false economy. I hope we prove it wasn’t a fluke when we play the Cats.
Good test this weekend, we know Geelong are solid but beatable if we show up.

I'd go:

IN: De Goey, Daicos
OUT: Kelly (inj), C Brown

Pretty self explatory I think. Callum Brown has had a run but has put in some poor games so goes out.

I thought Cox was better this week, not great but better, and i'd leave him in. I'd be looking at bringing in Reid if he is poor again.

Wills had a decent game against Hawks so I find it hard to justify dropping him. I reckon Sier is one bad game from Wills from getting selected.

Does anyone know if Reid and Dunn have been playing in the scratch matches and if they have, how their form is?

Does anyone know if Reid and Dunn have been playing in the scratch matches and if they have, how their form is?
Reid played in the scratch match against the Bombers last week and kicked two goals and played 3/4 of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are in a good position with only half game off top spot most likely at end of round. It could of been so much better too had we done what we should of done and beat tigers & GWS. So frustrating we didn’t get 8 point from those games. We have played mostly top 8 teams too. So after WA hub we playing cats freo & eagles if we can pinch 2 of those games we will be set. Our run home will be a lot easier.

Out : Kelly brown wills
In : de goey daicos sier

Now wills didn’t have a bad by his standards but we have a tough few games coming up and he will get found out. He ain’t that good.

If Sharenberg daicos & Elliot don’t come up then I would bring in keane appleby and Callum gets another go
Wills won't get dropped, played one of his better games for the year.
I like your in's.
My outs are Kelly, Elliot (managed if sore) Brown.

Wouldn’t mind them giving Appleby a crack as a forward given his practice game form, couldn’t really offer less than Brown the past few weeks but Daicos comes straight back if he’s ready

Played there at times in the NAB league I believe. Has good hands and reads the flight well enough when down back ... but at 187cm and 82kg does he have the quick lead or the physical presence to play as a marking forward? Because he’s probably not quick enough to play as a pressure forward

World's most flaccid and slowest forward line with Reid and Mason playing in the same team.

Thankfully Atu and DeGoey there to crumb/apply defensive pressure. The likes of Taylor will have a field day interceptng if the midfield doesn't get on top.

Have a look at who we’ve played. All good teams who’ve been competitive all year. sorry don’t agree at all. We haven’t played a lowly team once. All teams this year are playing inconsistent football.

Played there at times in the NAB league I believe. Has good hands and reads the flight well enough when down back ... but at 187cm and 82kg does he have the quick lead or the physical presence to play as a marking forward? Because he’s probably not quick enough to play as a pressure forward
He may not be super quick/agile but he did do well defending small forwards in 2018 so I doubt he’s slow. He also crunched Cotchin in his debut so I think he has some physicality

There's an article on the Herald Sun about some players having their family "blocked" from travelling. Anyone care to share the important details which may clarify earlier discussions?

Guess saying only Footballers are allowed into WA Hubs so Families have to go home and IF Players want to stay with there Families they will go back to Victoria instead of going to the Hub

Guess saying only Footballers are allowed into WA Hubs so Families have to go home and IF Players want to stay with there Families they will go back to Victoria instead of going to the Hub

Players applied to get their families into the Perth hub, but the WA government knocked back their requests.
Roughy's wife is allowed due to a serious medical condition and Mayne's wife is allowed, as she is a WA native.
Geelong players are just as impacted by this, as our boys are..

Well that will be awkward if Roughy flies back to Vic, while his wife is in Perth!!
She will be doing "The Swoop" segment for the club while the team hubs in WA..

Did not know that.

Where you heard that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back