Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 7 vs. Geelong - Optus Stadium (WA), 8:10pm Thur 16/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess saying only Footballers are allowed into WA Hubs so Families have to go home and IF Players want to stay with there Families they will go back to Victoria instead of going to the Hub

The test for the club and players will be after the 3 to 4 weeks in WA. If the players then have to do another hub in Qld, then l could see some players heading back to Vic, instead of going into another hub.
That will be the case for all Vic clubs, you would imagine.

Need Roughead or Dunn for Hawkins and Kennedy/darling. Keane and Moore to light on.
Roughy looked disinterested against the Hawks. Not confident about him against anyone at the moment TBH. I'd happily give Keane a go. It'll be a big ask against the opponents he's likely to come up against, but he may be needed in the finals against a similar standard of opponent.

Roughy looked disinterested against the Hawks. Not confident about him against anyone at the moment TBH. I'd happily give Keane a go. It'll be a big ask against the opponents he's likely to come up against, but he may be needed in the finals against a similar standard of opponent.

Size alone Keane would get monstered by geel and eagles. i still think he has a good future but needs bodywork. Dunn or magden for me if we have to simply on size alone..Hawkins normally does well against us, will miss Howe in these games.

Size alone Keane would get monstered by geel and eagles. i still think he has a good future but needs bodywork. Dunn or magden for me if we have to simply on size alone..Hawkins normally does well against us, will miss Howe in these games.
I've never actually seen Keane, so your probably right. Debutants are pretty exciting as we've just seen, so I'd love to see him picked even if it's just for my own entertainment.

I think we need a tall like Cox in the forward line -and to give Grundy a break when he needs it, but Cox's current form is unsustainable. I'd probably go with Cameron at this stage. At least Cameron has shown some mobility and has clunked some good marks in the games he has played this season. As long as he doesn't creep too far forward, as we need him being a target closer to goal.
I'd play De Goey as a forward against Geelong and bring in Sier to help with the clearance work.

OUT: Kelly, Cox, C. Brown
IN: De Goey, Cameron, Sier

Haven't forgotten about Daicos -maybe give him another week to get over his ankle problem.
That's all providing Scharenberg and Elliott are both fit.

I think we need a tall like Cox in the forward line -and to give Grundy a break when he needs it, but Cox's current form is unsustainable. I'd probably go with Cameron at this stage. At least Cameron has shown some mobility and has clunked some good marks in the games he has played this season. As long as he doesn't creep too far forward, as we need him being a target closer to goal.
I'd play De Goey as a forward against Geelong and bring in Sier to help with the clearance work.

OUT: Kelly, Cox, C. Brown
IN: De Goey, Cameron, Sier

Haven't forgotten about Daicos -maybe give him another week to get over his ankle problem.
That's all providing Scharenberg and Elliott are both fit.

Cameron or Reid for Cox is no brainer to me. Nothing to lose, everything to gain.

Give Cameron an extended shot at it, all he needs to do is provide a contest, and if he actually manages to apply some defensive pressure to his direct opponent then we are already ahead of what we get with Cox.

So many people get caught up on the fact Cox can't take a grab or influence a contest (which is fair enough) but that neglects how negatively he affects our forward 50 pressure when the ball does actually hit the ground. His direct opponents continually get used as an outlet to exit the 50 because he is too cumbersome to keep touch with them post-marking contest, he just lopes around like a bullied kid in the playground while 3 kids throw his lunch back and forth between themselves. Cameron's relatively agile and moves pretty well, bring the ball to ground, and assist in locking it in there and we're ahead. Cameron had 5 times the amount of tackles in the Tiger's game alone than Cox has had in 4 games...

Cameron didn't set the world on fire when he played but I also can't remember him really being shown up badly at any stage either. He deserves to be given the same leeway for a period of time that Cox has been given.

If Roughead needs respite I’d love to see Keane get a go... been a fan of his from the start... and despite his youth and developing frame he’s quite physical and a great spoiler so I’d think he’d do okay at fullback at AFL level.

But with Dunn on the list surely he gets the first crack at full back. Otherwise at his age why bother redrafting him?

Need Roughead or Dunn for Hawkins and Kennedy/darling. Keane and Moore to light on atm.
[/QUOTE]
Dunn on Darling would be a good match up.

Buckley indicated that he liked Wills game. I didn’t, he’s not clean enough a lot of fumbling. He was better tonight though, perhaps Buckley sees him improving game on game. I’ll back Buckley’s judgment.

I’d bring in Degoey for Kelly, and Sier for Brown. Brown did not disgrace himself at all, but I think youngsters can do with a break as their influence wanes.

Some of the others hid behind a good team performance, don’t think there will be too many changes.
Wills played a great game and will undoubtedly play against Geelong. I thought he looked awkward the week before but I think your judgement and Buck's will prove vastly different. You're far too kind to Brown. He was easily the weakest of our players against against Hawthorn and will surely be dropped though I don't expect Sier to be his replacement. Daicos if fit to take his place.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keane in. Cox out. Roughy forward.
JDG in. Kelly out.

I wouldn't mess with our defence. It's performing so well. Also Roughead isn't much chop up forward. I'm not sure he'd improve on Cox.

What happened to Cox's marking.. He use to take a few contested marks every game, now he doesn't even try and mark just tries bring it to ground.

Nathan definitely needs to continue to be brave and back the kids.
If we need another KPP in defence, Keane should be given priority.

I seriously don’t get the Cameron for Cox push.
Cameron was recruited, to among other things put selection pressure on Cox. He was given games early but did not impress and was dropped for Cox. Many here were suggesting he should be dropped for Cox.
Now Cameron has failed to do enough in the scratch matches to make a case for replacing Cox, and yet people want him selected.
It makes no sense - give him a game when he’s earned it.
Further, the slippery conditions over the last few games have seen better players across the competition than Cox, drop marks, fumble and look ordinary.

I wouldn't mess with our defence. It's performing so well. Also Roughead isn't much chop up forward. I'm not sure he'd improve on Cox.

Agree. I would not be mucking around with our Backline on how Dominate the Been

ACF03852-8757-4655-99C1-59EDACC05D73.png
Not an ideal forecast for our slick ball movement. However, hopefully having one wet game under our belts equips us for what will be required in terms of urgency and getting the ball forward rather than over-possessing.

If there is anywhere near this amount of rain that falls I personally couldn’t possibly entertain retaining Cox.

I seriously don’t get the Cameron for Cox push.
Cameron was recruited, to among other things put selection pressure on Cox. He was given games early but did not impress and was dropped for Cox. Many here were suggesting he should be dropped for Cox.
Now Cameron has failed to do enough in the scratch matches to make a case for replacing Cox, and yet people want him selected.
It makes no sense - give him a game when he’s earned it.
Further, the slippery conditions over the last few games have seen better players across the competition than Cox, drop marks, fumble and look ordinary.
Cameron was decent against Richmond.

The test for the club and players will be after the 3 to 4 weeks in WA. If the players then have to do another hub in Qld, then l could see some players heading back to Vic, instead of going into another hub.
That will be the case for all Vic clubs, you would imagine.

There will be a bye following the next hub allowing players to return home for a week before heading to the next hub. This is all pending the Victorian Covid numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back