Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 7 vs. Geelong - Optus Stadium (WA), 8:10pm Thur 16/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow - so Cox with more Hitouts, Higher DE, more: score involvements, One percenters, I50 marks and goals is inferior.

I think you a have very skewed definition of “dominantes”.
And looking at the posts about these stats you’re not getting much support with “dominates” from other posters.

Hitouts- don’t really matter in modern football.
Higher DE - yea, he handballs backwards most of the time. Which is why his meters gained is 14. That includes his kicks at goals. Even with that he loses effective disposals.

Everything else is fair. Just saying we aren’t gaining with Cox. We are losing.

Ps it’s not a popularity contest. It’s facts.

I rather have my key forward have more marks, contested marks and tackles.

Higher DE - yea, he handballs backwards most of the time. Which is why his meters gained is 14. That includes his kicks at goals.
We want Cox and Cameron to handball backwards. We certainly don't want them to wheel and go and make decisions on the fly like those who get big metres gained.

In terms of hit outs not mattering, have you considered that us breaking even around stoppages might be due to Grundy. Eg. Our mids aren't as strong or quick as most groups yet we don't get beaten in the clinches very often.

Higher DE - yea, he handballs backwards most of the time. Which is why his meters gained is 14. That includes his kicks at goals. Even with that he loses effective disposals.

Cox was 3rd in the competition in contested marks in 2018, and 9th last year while only playing 14 games.
That alone justifies his selection - and a dry day will make a huge difference to his performance.

Just a question on who they can pick. Do we know how many players are in WA? Those that are not I assume are now in lockdown in Victoria, can they go to WA or wherever on a work visa and 2 weeks quarantine. If this should be in another thread let me know.

Just a question on who they can pick. Do we know how many players are in WA? Those that are not I assume are now in lockdown in Victoria, can they go to WA or wherever on a work visa and 2 weeks quarantine. If this should be in another thread let me know.
I believe we took just about the whole list. The only ones not that I know of are the long term injuries (Howe & Kelly) and Beams of course. Reid, Sidebottom & De Goey went straight to Perth while everyone else went via Sydney

Bucks doesn't usually make changes due to the weather lol He just bucks them in no matter what the conditions are like.

True, but we have seen in two games when the conditions have been wet, Coxy has really struggled. Not Coxy's fault he has failed to perform in these games, considering the conditions.
I guess the decision will be made if the club go down that track again of playing Coxy again, in conditions that may not favour him.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I live in WA, we having the wettest winter in a long time. Raining all week. I said before the game on here that Cox shouldnt play against Essendon in the wet (2 possessions) and ill say it again, he shouldn’t play against geel in the wet and at night. Anyone that watched the bulldogs v Carlton game would understand why. I’d love him to prove me wrong and kick 10, but on form in the wet alone he shld not play.

Last edited:
I live in WA, we having the wettest winter in a long time. Raining all week. I said before the game on here that Cox shouldnt play against Essendon in the wet (2 possessions) and ill say it again, he shouldn’t play against geel in the wet and at night
Also very cold weather predicted for the Collingwood game - 12 deg! The kind of temperature we'd expect out here in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne at this time of year. I didn't realise the weather could be so cold in WA in winter!

Be careful of Hawkins in the wet, he loves those conditions. So too I'm afraid does young Patrick....

I rather my key forward kicking goals or setting them up inside forward 50, than looking good 100m away

Out: Kelly, Brown, Phillips
In: De Goey, Sier, Daicos

De Goey/ Elliot spending time inside 50 replaces Kelly and Phillips and Sier straight into the guts against a Cats side who’s big bodied mids destroyed the lions.

Feel for Phillips as he’s clearly being played out of position. But if we’re saying brown isn’t providing enough at the level, Phillips is basically providing the same output. I’d rather see Elliot or WHE more inside 50 with Sier in the middle, compared to Phillips I50, and if he’s not going to be played back on his wing than he’s not offering enough I don’t think.

I live in WA, we having the wettest winter in a long time. Raining all week. I said before the game on here that Cox shouldnt play against Essendon in the wet (2 possessions) and ill say it again, he shouldn’t play against geel in the wet and at night. Anyone that watched the bulldogs v Carlton game would understand why. I’d love him to prove me wrong and kick 10, but on form in the wet alone he shld not play.

Sorry you’ve lost me - of what relevance is the Carlton game?

If its raining, Cox shouldnt play.

But... I did watch the game back, and Cox did quite a bit re drawing aerial defence, making a contest, little taps, bringing ball to ground. I know it sounds obvious, but he was indirectly involved in quite a few goals, that wouldve otherwise seen the ball bounce straight back. He just needs to think 'mark first' more often, rather than just throw up one hand to make sure no-one marks it. He should dominate more, but second guesses himself too often, and you can see him thinking 'just bring it to ground'.

He also still gets stiffed for frees in every game. If he gets one paid for him, they never pay the second, or third. When hands in the back, or interference, is binary, rather than being limited to how many you are allowed per game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back