Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 7 vs. Gold Coast, MCG Sat 01/05 @ 1:45 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

On the basis of ?

What have you seen so far this year that is any different from the past 9 odd seasons
On the basis of who is available to replace him. I would offer him a one year extension and then make the call.

Really happy with selections this week.
I’d be happy to never see madge and Ruscoe in seniors again.
Rantall stiff, but clearly not ready for AFL yet.
That’s fine, but why not play him in the VFL?

Do you hold this view for the omission of Kelly after one game, granted he has played 30 minutes of footy before? Would that qualify as terrible leadership? He certainly justified that call over the last couple of hours!
Do you know what the coaches have told Rantall prior to him being the probable injury sub? You think they have told him he is not trusted?
I felt he really struggled last week and have no problem with him getting a half demotion. Guys can, in fact, work on and improve their games at VFL level.
We are desperately short in the mids, oppo's have had multiple players getting 30 plus against us, its a disturbing trend, dont think Rantall playing at this stage will turn that around.

Yes, I do feel the same with Kelly, although to a lesser extent given it wasn’t a debut.

This isn’t about development (of course that can be facilitated in the VFL), its about culture and trust, both of which are far more critical to success than one or two selections at a point in time. I’m sure there are countless productive conversations behind closed doors, but this is a unique environment given it’s in the public eye, and anyone who discounts how optics can undermine confidence doesn’t have a clue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s on Lyon who I also don’t rate.

And Mark Harvey apparently. All 3 of them clearly not as cluey as you about footy.... go figure.

Yes, I get that. Just wondering why. IMO, would be better off having Greenwood as the sub
I get “play the kids” argument, but history suggests that you need a blend of experience around them too.
Greenwood probably wouldn’t be in the side if Taylor Adam’s was fit.

IN: Caleb Poulter (new), Jordan De Goey, Mark Keane, Chris Mayne
OUT: Willy Kelly, Jack Madgen, Trey Ruscoe, Jay Rantall (omitted), Tyler Brown (unused medical substitute)

Rantall the only emergency not playing VFL so he's in the 23 man squad. What odds he gets a run and Mayne becomes the sub?

Yes, I get that. Just wondering why. IMO, would be better off having Greenwood as the sub

Greenwood still injured so I'm struggling to see how that's "better".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back