Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 8 vs. North Melbourne, MRVL Sat 08/05 @ 4:35 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like McInnes is a real chance to debut this weekend, with Henry to come back in also. Looks like Macrae will be given a rest, with Keane also likely out. I would say Moore will be starting back.

Looks like McInnes is a real chance to debut this weekend, with Henry to come back in also. Looks like Macrae will be given a rest, with Keane also likely out. I would say Moore will be starting back.
What makes you think McInnes is likely to debut? I know he's been great at VFL level but am unsure if his conditioning is up to it

collingwood.jpg

Could the Pies make it six debutants for the season and hand Reef McInnes a call-up? The draftee was strong in a VFL side that also had Brayden Sier (28 disposals), Jack Madgen (25) and Ollie Henry (22, three goals) impress. Category B rookie Tom Wilson is another to watch after 30 disposals in an intercepting role at half-back, while youngsters Will Kelly and Jay Rantall can feel a little hard done by after losing their spots in the starting side. Levi Greenwood will look to be cleared from concussion and Mason Cox from soreness after missing the VFL. The Pies will debate where Darcy Moore starts against the Roos, while Finlay Macrae might be due a rest after a quiet showing against the Suns. Debutant Caleb Poulter looked up to the level, but is this the week Josh Thomas or Will Hoskin-Elliott face the chop? Mark Keane got exposed in defence, while Nathan Murphy, Callum Brown and Chris Mayne are others who could be looked at.

R7 medical sub: Jay Rantall (unused)

Verdict: Henry, McInnes and Sier for Keane, C.Brown and Macrae. Moore to start back. - Mitch Cleary

North are really trying to use multiple short kicks with aim of getting into the corridor, which was executed really well in the first half verse Melbourne.
If Bucks allows that and North win by a few goals plus, do you guys reckon he'll be gone shortly after?
Really interesting game this week for both sides.

sr36 you are up next or the preview/game day. Looking forward to it?
I am not looking forward to Queens Birthday game as that is one team I would love for us to beat.
We’ll win easily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

interesting week this one, do the lads respond and come out and play some attacking football, or do they continue to go into their shell and get rolled by a side you was been ordinary for nearly 2 years.
Will be interesting to see the vibe around the club this week, Buckley needs to get the boys fired up

Our off-field problems are worse than, and the primary cause of, our on-field woes. Prolonged lousy drafting and player trading, incompetent salary cap management and uninspiring, ultra-conservative coaching have gotten us into this mess. A huge off-field clean-out is required.

I don’t think we’ve hit rock-bottom yet.....but at least it’s now within sight.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yep, pretty much. I still maintain we are not performing to potential on field and yes the points you've made are likely the blame.

North are really trying to use multiple short kicks with aim of getting into the corridor, which was executed really well in the first half verse Melbourne.
If Bucks allows that and North win by a few goals plus, do you guys reckon he'll be gone shortly after?

He will allow it all game.There isn't a team that concedes as many easy marks as us.

We just want to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back