Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 8 vs. North Melbourne, MRVL Sat 08/05 @ 4:35 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant wait to see Stepho kick a bag against us. Then put the final nail in Buckleys coaching career coffin when the pies lose.

Still hurts we traded this bloke out .

my unhappiness losing Stevo’s talent ( not his personality) will be completely gone by seasons end, at the rate McCreery is contributing and Henry is developing.

Way too early for Reef he’s not up to it yet, needs a season in the VFL to improve his fitness and disposal.

Larkey
Zahar (however you spell )

Stephenson

Powell
Goldstein
Bonnar
Thomas
Ziebell
Cunnington
I'm sure there is more youngsters I don't know of

I'd love Larkey, first and foremost. I'll give you that.

But JDG is every bit as good if not better than Zurhaar.

Henry has the potential to be as good as Stephenson if not as good as Gunston.

Powell... what's to say he'll be better than McInnes?

Grundy as good as Goldy and not at the end yet.

Bonar... give me a spell.

T Thomas is good but... Daicos is just as good if not better.

Ziebell is padding his stats with kick outs. Going well, but nothing to set their list above anyones.

Adams not quite as good as Cunnington but we have Pendles as well.

Oliver Henry
Best-on-ground performance in round 3 of the VFL and a number of consistent performances under his belt since being dropped from the AFL side. A second opportunity is around the corner for the high-flying youngster.

Brayden Sier
Looked to be at his best in the VFL against the Suns. A really solid performance as an inside midfielder with 28 disposals, 5 tackles and a goal. Sier hadn't played much football the last few weeks due to being the substitute and COVID-19 isolation, so this was an encouraging return.

Levi Greenwood
Has returned to the training track after a cautious approach was taken with delayed concussion. Greenwood will have to fully train on Thursday to be available.

Reef McInnes
Kicked the match-winning goal and continues to show what he has to offer through the midfield and up forward.

Tom Wilson
30 disposals and a goal in the latest VFL match off half-back. Wilson has been as consistent as ever this season. A debut could come his way if an opportunity arises down back.

Will Kelly
If Darcy Moore goes back, this opens up a spot in the forward line. Kelly was impressive up forward during the pre-season.

Jay Rantall
Unused medical substitute in round 7 after making his debut on Anzac Day.

Mason Cox
A late withdrawal from the VFL with a hamstring complaint. Might need a week in the VFL to get back to full fitness.

Waiting for the Meltdown if we lose and Stephenson is BOG. If we can't find a way to win the ball and convert inside 50 we are in a load of trouble.

Wouldnt be the worst thing. Hopefully Buckley resigns if we lose this weekend. He can just sight that he is resigning as he is offside with the senior group and his partners moved interstate so he cant perform to a reasonable level anymore

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ziebell is padding his stats with kick outs. Going well, but nothing to set their list above anyones.

We don't even have to wait for Henry to show his wares. McCreery at 4 games into his career is arguably having the same sort of impact as Stevo in his early debut season. Has already eclipsed his direct scoreboard impact and is fast approaching the number of tackles Stevo had for his entire debut season.

I would bring in Sier and Rantall as we need to bolster our midfield. I’d play Macrae as well, while the kids need to play they also need to learn how to win, and they get their best chance this week.

I’d drop C Brown and WHE but that won’t happen.

even if Rantall plays he will barely get any midfield time, bucks has to reserve it for Pendlebury and Sidebottom despite getting pretty average centre clearance numbers

We don't even have to wait for Henry to show his wares. McCreery at 4 games into his career is arguably having the same sort of impact as Stevo in his early debut season. Has already eclipsed his direct scoreboard impact and is fast approaching the number of tackles Stevo had for his entire debut season.

Lol Stevo was a match winner in his first year stop trying to downplay how good he was

Wouldnt be the worst thing. Hopefully Buckley resigns if we lose this weekend. He can just sight that he is resigning as he is offside with the senior group and his partners moved interstate so he cant perform to a reasonable level anymore
resigns or re-signs?

Lol Stevo was a match winner in his first year stop trying to downplay how good he was

LOL, love for you to show me where I've downplayed how good Stevo was, or how anything I've said about McCreery by comparison isn't accurate.

"is arguably having the same sort of impact as Stevo. Has already eclipsed his direct scoreboard impact " - Stevo managed 0, 0, 0, 5 goals in his 1st 4 games. McCreery has managed 1, 2, 3, 0 in his. That's 5 v 6 goals unless I'm mistaken

"is fast approaching the number of tackles Stevo had for his entire debut season" - McCreery currently going at twice the tackle rate and has already knocked over a 3rd of the number Stevo had across 26 games.

LOL, love for you to show me where I've downplayed how good Stevo was, or how anything I've said about McCreery by comparison isn't accurate.

"is arguably having the same sort of impact as Stevo. Has already eclipsed his direct scoreboard impact " - Stevo managed 0, 0, 0, 5 goals in his 1st 4 games. McCreery has managed 1, 2, 3, 0 in his. That's 5 v 6 goals unless I'm mistaken

"is fast approaching the number of tackles Stevo had for his entire debut season" - McCreery currently going at twice the tackle rate and has already knocked over a 3rd of the number Stevo had across 26 games.
Hiding behind stats now. Everyone knows they do not paint the full picture. They are nothing more than a poor mans opinion

Hiding behind stats now. Everyone knows they do not paint the full picture. They are nothing more than a poor mans opinion

Thanks, I accept your admission I was right.

Nothing to do with hiding behind anything. Posters on here were calling for Stevo to be dropped going into that Adelaide game. His lack of scoreboard impact apparently reinforcing their views that he needed to build his body to be AFL ready. I'm happy to watch how McCreery develops.

I'll also note that Stevo had the benefit of playing in a much better side than McCreery.

Maynard. Roughead. Crisp
Wilson. Moore. IQ
Poulter. Pendlebury. Murphy
McReery. Checkers. Sidebottom
DeGoey. Cameron. WHE

Grundy. Sier. Daicos

Noble T Brown Greenwood Kelly

sub Mayne

Last edited:

This is the problem with Jordy. Comparing him to Zurhaar, Jordan has played 104 games, Cam has played 50 and we're still asking the question.
Jordan is talented but not consistent. The pay and the hype is not there for me.

Maynard. Roughead. Crisp
Wilson. Moore. IQ
Poulter. Pendlebury. Murphy
McReery. Checkers. Sidebottom
DeGoey. Cameron. WHE

Grundy. Sier. Daicos

Noble T Brown Greenwood Kelly

sub Mayne
Keep Sier in the seconds for a few more weeks, one good game in the magoos doesn't warrant automatic selection. He's starting to become the Kyle Martin of the modern era.

The fact that even has to be said shows how far Jordy has regressed. Sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back