Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 8 vs. North Melbourne, MRVL Sat 08/05 @ 4:35 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyLee

Premiership Player
Mar 23, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
So the captains run.. While not everyone was out there. I think we can guess of who was there for the VFL squad.

This was the VFL Squad:

- Madgen
- Wilson
- Macrae
- Ruscoe
- Dib
- Bianco
- Reef
- McMahon
- Tohil
- Chugg
- Kelly
- Cox
- Rantall
- Sier
- Ginnivan.

Ruscoe and Tohil stayed out longer when the seniors came out. But I'm not thinking anything in that.

As for the seniors. Like I said, not everyone was out there, but those that were.

- IQ
- Tyler B.
- Noble
- Pendles
- Cameron
- Mayne
- Sidebottom
- JT
- Crisp
- Murphy
- Daicos
- WHE
- Ollie
- Keane
- Mihochek

So I kinda have a feeling it'll be..

Out: Macrae
In: Tyler
Sub: henry

I would hate for Ollie to be the sub and be a chance to not even play and miss out on VFL (given its a few hours prior).

Daicos was chatting to a staff member for quite a while, so if he is in doubt, Ollie would come in.
Thanks for the insights. I would have preferred an additional couple of changes but sounds like it will be just the one that you have identified. Thomas, WHE and Mayne really do seem to be auto-picks, don't they? Impossible for them to get dropped.

The whole injury sub concept is a shocker, often resulting in a player not getting a game in either AFL or VFL. How is that a good outcome? They should just increase the interchange from 4 to 5 and be done with it.

Thanks for the insights. I would have preferred an additional couple of changes but sounds like it will be just the one that you have identified. Thomas, WHE and Mayne really do seem to be auto-picks, don't they? Impossible for them to get dropped.

The whole injury sub concept is a shocker, often resulting in a player not getting a game in either AFL or VFL. How is that a good outcome? They should just increase the interchange from 4 to 5 and be done with it.
I'd rather Mayne be the sub and have Tyler and Henry confirmed in. As this should be his last year, and should only be playing when necessary.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
So the captains run.. While not everyone was out there. I think we can guess of who was there for the VFL squad.

This was the VFL Squad:

- Madgen
- Wilson
- Macrae
- Ruscoe
- Dib
- Bianco
- Reef
- McMahon
- Tohil
- Chugg
- Kelly
- Cox
- Rantall
- Sier
- Ginnivan.

Ruscoe and Tohil stayed out longer when the seniors came out. But I'm not thinking anything in that.

As for the seniors. Like I said, not everyone was out there, but those that were.

- IQ
- Tyler B.
- Noble
- Pendles
- Cameron
- Mayne
- Sidebottom
- JT
- Crisp
- Murphy
- Daicos
- WHE
- Ollie
- Keane
- Mihochek

So I kinda have a feeling it'll be..

Out: Macrae
In: Tyler
Sub: henry

I would hate for Ollie to be the sub and be a chance to not even play and miss out on VFL (given its a few hours prior).

Daicos was chatting to a staff member for quite a while, so if he is in doubt, Ollie would come in.
Surely we stop picking Mayne FFS

MadMaynard

Rookie
Jan 26, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
I know there is a few players of this calibre that have had a free pass for a couple of years but can anyone legitimately tell me what it's is that Cal Brown does well enough to get a game in 7 of the 8 games this year. I am not being smart but wondering if anyone has an idea, it can't just be his pressure which might be good on paper but surely opposition are not panicked because Cal is applying pressure.

PIEWITHSAUCE

Premiership Player
Sep 29, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hopefully Bucks' new mullet will bring us luck

8ddd981915c15602c06856c1147730f1

anshell

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 10, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
manchester united
I couldn’t care how much pressure you lay 0 effective disposals in a half of footy is ******* pathetic especially playing on the ball. It’s not a performance that should be rewarded with another game
I have a feeling that with a new coach next year,players like Brown and Mayne won’t be gifted games like that have done in the last couple of years,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back