Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 8 vs. North Melbourne, MRVL Sat 08/05 @ 4:35 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious.How does Tyler Brown get a game when he had something like 12 possessions last week in the VFL,while Sier who had 28 possessions isn’t picked again?

This club is merda, Brown boys continually gifted games, Sier was a beast last week, still no call up, F@ck Off F#ckley .. Cunnington will smash us this week, bookmark it, BOG.

If Tyler Brown is picked, don't play him on a wing. Play him as an inside mid. On debut, he spent the majority of time in the centre square, giving pies fans a glimpse of his potential. He had a great debut. Put him in and give him a decent go. He is not suited to a wing - play him on-ball. Pendles can play up forward. Sidebottom on the wing and playing as that fifth on-baller (BUT NOT FOLDING BACK INTO THE DEFENSIVE 50m as soon as the ball is bounced)

Just curious.How does Tyler Brown get a game when he had something like 12 possessions last week in the VFL,while Sier who had 28 possessions isn’t picked again?

Sier = 1 good game in a row
T Brown = multiple good games and been in the emergencies a couple of weeks.

Maybe?

Even in last weeks game T Brown got 4 votes, Sier 2.

So my reading of that, VFL has the following changes:

IN's: Macrae, C Brown, Bianco, Cox, McMahon
OUT's: T Brown (promoted), Henry (promoted), Lynch (injured), Dib (omitted), Stackleberg (omitted)
I suspect Cal will be named the Sub, so that brings in either Dib or Stackleberg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have dropped Thomas and given C. Brown his midfield minutes.

Thomas is nearing 30 and his best is behind him now. Callum mightn't be good enough but we need to find out sooner rather than later and his best hope is an expanded role playing through the midfield.

So the captains run.. While not everyone was out there. I think we can guess of who was there for the VFL squad.

This was the VFL Squad:

- Madgen
- Wilson
- Macrae
- Ruscoe
- Dib
- Bianco
- Reef
- McMahon
- Tohil
- Chugg
- Kelly
- Cox
- Rantall
- Sier
- Ginnivan.

Ruscoe and Tohil stayed out longer when the seniors came out. But I'm not thinking anything in that.

As for the seniors. Like I said, not everyone was out there, but those that were.

- IQ
- Tyler B.
- Noble
- Pendles
- Cameron
- Mayne
- Sidebottom
- JT
- Crisp
- Murphy
- Daicos
- WHE
- Ollie
- Keane
- Mihochek

So I kinda have a feeling it'll be..

Out: Macrae
In: Tyler
Sub: henry

I would hate for Ollie to be the sub and be a chance to not even play and miss out on VFL (given its a few hours prior).

Daicos was chatting to a staff member for quite a while, so if he is in doubt, Ollie would come in.

Be Stupid Move to play Henry as Sub but I guess with VFL after the AFL Game IF not used he can just stay in his Gear and play in the VFL

Be Stupid Move to play Henry as Sub but I guess with VFL after the AFL Game IF not used he can just stay in his Gear and play in the VFL
He isn't playing VFL. Isn't named. Also.. the VFL is BEFORE the AFL game. The VFL starts at 12:05pm

He isn't playing VFL. Isn't named. Also.. the VFL is BEFORE the AFL game. The VFL starts at 12:05pm

I got next week's Schedule the wrong way around.

Be better to Play Henry and have someone like Mayne as Sub

Probably want to see more than one week from Sier and totally agree. He always does this one week on then absolutely diabolical for a month.

I got next week's Schedule the wrong way around.

Be better to Play Henry and have someone like Mayne as Sub
Yeah Mayne needs to start to become the sub. But clearly the sub will come from the emergencies, some players listed in the VFL list. Could be Ruscoe. Could Be Cal. Or someone else. We'll see soon.

This club is merda, Brown boys continually gifted games, Sier was a beast last week, still no call up, F@ck Off F#ckley .. Cunnington will smash us this week, bookmark it, BOG.
Yes, I don't know what they want him to do in order to earn a recall. It seems Buckley has marked the cards of Cox and Sier. Our midfield has been smashed and we are in dire need of a strong bodied, in and under mid. Who has he selected?

But has T Brown had multiple good games?I don’t recall anyone else saying that,

I guess it depends on your perspective. I thought he’d been okay against Werribee, and has improved each game since. Better than Sier against the Bombers although neither named in the bests. Better than Sier against Gold Coast according to the bests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back