Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 8 vs. North Melbourne, MRVL Sat 08/05 @ 4:35 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Didn't actually see a thread made in my short absence yesterday, so here we go. Apologies if I overlooked it.

I'll try to avoid being too negative but you'd have to say if we lose this, it's real damage control time. It's important we look forward and try to find that next win instead of dwelling on disappointing performances like yesterday!

I have only seen the first half so far on replay, so might miss something...

I'd suggest Henry comes in, and Rantall is given another go as a starter (this time on ball!). Sier another chance if he's part of our future plans. Wilson not quite yet.

IN: Rantall, Henry, Sier
OUT: Macrae (managed), WHE, C Brown.

Perhaps one of the Brown brothers the sub.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Henry for WHE makes good sense
Sier for McCrae
Greenwood for C Brown
Rantall for Mayne ....who can go to the sub bench

I don’t want both Greenwood and Mayne in the starting 22 and I think Greenwood offers more of what we need

Keep Moore forward because the long term rewards will pay off. Or rest him if he is actually injured.

stormskye

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 24, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Maynard Roughead ruscoe
Quaynor Keane noble
crisp Pendles Murphy
Sidey Moore Checkers
Mccreery Cameron Degoey
Grundy daicos sier

Int: greenwood, Henry, Macrae, poulter

seasons done, it’s experiment time.

edit: I missed crisp 😂

Last edited:

Jelly Bean

Premiership Player
Dec 12, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't see the point in dropping Macrae, despite the poor game. I think we need to keep getting more games into kids. I thought overall the kids did okay yesterday.

In: Henry, Rantall, Sier
Out: WHE, C Brown, Mayne (sub)

B: Quaynor, Roughead, Noble
HB: Murphy, Keane, Maynard
C: Crisp, De Goey, Poulter
HF: Mihocek, Moore, Sidebottom
F: Henry, Cameron, McCreery
Fol: Grundy, Pendles, Daicos
Int: Sier, Rantall, Macrae, Thomas

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Norf will sense this is a massive opportunity and come out all guns blazing, I would have them favourites.

out: macrae WHE Thomas
In: sier Rantall magden

Norf will sense this is a massive opportunity and come out all guns blazing, I would have them favourites.

out: macrae WHE Thomas
In: sier Rantall magden
I think (hope) we’ll see a response from the players next week. Their effort against GC really was poor.
I think we win, but it won’t be pretty!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spuddd

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
FB: Crisp, Roughead, Maynard
HB: Quaynor, Moore, Noble
C: Daicos, Sier, Poulter
HF: Henry, De Goey, WHE
FF: McCreery, Miochek, Cameron
Fol: Grundy, Pendlebury, Sidebottom
Int: T Brown, Murphy, Greenwood, C Brown

Out: Mayne, Keane, Mccrae, Thomas

Bolded Players:
Moore - has to go back, simple as that. Looks lost as a forward and is the best CHB in the game. Keane out to facilitate this.
Sier - back in the guts. Never mind playing the kids, play him and see if hes up to the level. Should play every game this year, if hes good enough, he lifts, if not, hes expendable. Replaces Mccrae
Henry - has been putting a good string of games together in the twos, earned his spot. Thomas replacement.
T Brown - Honestly dont understand why he was dropped to begin with, perhaps Buckley thinks its Tarni and cant work out why her name is showing up on the mens team sheet? Replaces Mayne.
Greenwood - bring some grunt in to protect the kids, hes far from our worst player, let him throw his weight around. At least we know he'll lay a tackle.

I don't see the point in dropping Macrae, despite the poor game. I think we need to keep getting more games into kids. I thought overall the kids did okay yesterday.

In: Henry, Rantall, Sier
Out: WHE, C Brown, Mayne (sub)

B: Quaynor, Roughead, Noble
HB: Murphy, Keane, Maynard
C: Crisp, De Goey, Poulter
HF: Mihocek, Moore, Sidebottom
F: Henry, Cameron, McCreery
Fol: Grundy, Pendles, Daicos
Int: Sier, Rantall, Macrae, Thomas

The kids looked better yesterday than they have at any stage this year. Poulter looks a real player, even if he needs to spend most waking hours in the weights room. Macrae was more involved, but is still adjusting to the speed and pressure of the top level. Keane showed real promise after his horror first couple of games. McCreery played a good game, as he has been doing.

If they’re not too physically fatigued I want to see them stay in. Having said that, I do wonder whether Henry would be better off coming in off the back of some sustained form in the VFL to get his confidence up. He has the look of a confidence player to me and he’ll need it playing in our dysfunctional forward line.

Aug 27, 2017
Canberra, ACT
AFL Club
Collingwood
I would either drop JDG for his shocking form yesterday, or else make it very clear to him that he's on his last chance. He has lost all touch and his attitude yesterday was disgraceful; bickering with umpires for frees that were missed while the play was still going on, really? I would rather play a kid who has a red hot go than gift another game to DeGoey, who is on a bloated salary and is not earning his keep.

I don't think Moore is fit. If he is, then some of his half-hearted efforts yesterday were damning. If he's not fit, rest him or send him off for an operation. Or plonk him in the goal square where he doesn't need to run.

Depending on what we do with Moore, I would bring in Cox and play him in forward 50. Sure, he fluffs his marks, but at least he draws a crowd, kicks relatively truly and creates space for our other forwards.

Out: C. Brown, Macrae
In: Cox/Kelly, Rantall

Sier to have another week in the twos, Maynard and Crisp into the centre, Moore to defence with Cox or Kelly to be the third tall forward.

How I’d line up:

B: Mayne, Roughead, Keane
HB: Noble, Moore, Quaynor
C: Murphy, Crisp, Hoskin-Elliott
HF: Pendlebury, Mihocek, Sidebottom
F: DeGoey, Cox/Kelly, McCreery
Fol: Grundy, Maynard, Daicos
Int: Cameron, Rantall, Thomas, Poulter

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Haven’t learned a thing Timmy have you? Moore is an AA defender and that’s where he needs to play

End of conversation

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m happy to be out on my own on this. The safer easier option is to return him to defence and it might turn out to be the right one. But longer term I think he will master the craft. Obviously it’s a tough task for anybody in the forward line the way we are playing (except Mihocek).

I seriously doubt he’s fully fit either and that will be a factor.

Apr 17, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
In: Moore back to CHB. It’s plainly obvious, watching live, that he CREATES goals.
Out: Keane. He’s crap. No more of these Irish, American,Swahili or whatever the hell else international “Project Players”...
If an International is such an athletic freak, they’re not going to play freakin Aussie Rules! They will play soccer or basketball, where the real $$$ is.
Enough!

May 12, 2014
FNQ
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
Please, no more Mayne, surely Murphy is as good if not a better option in 'Maynes' backline role.

Sier in

Kelly in

Mayne out

McCrae out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back