Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 9 vs. Sydney Swans, SCG Sat 15/05 @ 1:45 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Begins in round 10. But this is round 9!

EDIT - Already posted.

Yeah, sorry, I should have made that clear rather than scare the bejesus out of you.

I don’t agree siers form has been so so. He’s done more in the VFL than t brown did, and brown got a call up. Sier should be playing ones
You are right he kills in the VFL, but unfortunately when he plays firsts, that form seems to disappear, and as for both Browns, they seem to be down on confidence, I guess similar to a lot of our Senior players, lets hope we can go on from last week.

Brayden Sier
Two solid VFL games in a row. Last played AFL in round 5, but Sier has to be close to another senior berth.

Will Kelly + Jack Madgen
With Roughead out with concussion, Kelly and Madgen would be considered the most suitable replacements. Kelly among the best performers in round 4 of the VFL.

Tom Wilson
A consistent performer at VFL level off half-back. Averaging 20.25 disposals and 5.75 marks. Possible replacement for Nathan Murphy?

Jay Rantall
One AFL game under his belt. Rantall battled through the midfield against Coburg, received a large cash to his eyebrow, but was cleared of any issues. A second opportunity wouldn't be a bad option.

Mason Cox
Returned from a hamstring issue and completed well in the ruck and up forward in the VFL against Coburg. Darcy Cameron is going very well, so the big American may have to wait for senior selection.

Finlay Macrae
31 disposals and 5 tackles in the 3-point win over Coburg. Worth another look at AFL level.

Brayden Sier
Two solid VFL games in a row. Last played AFL in round 5, but Sier has to be close to another senior berth.

Will Kelly + Jack Madgen
With Roughead out with concussion, Kelly and Madgen would be considered the most suitable replacements. Kelly among the best performers in round 4 of the VFL.

Tom Wilson
A consistent performer at VFL level off half-back. Averaging 20.25 disposals and 5.75 marks. Possible replacement for Nathan Murphy?

Jay Rantall
One AFL game under his belt. Rantall battled through the midfield against Coburg, received a large cash to his eyebrow, but was cleared of any issues. A second opportunity wouldn't be a bad option.

Mason Cox
Returned from a hamstring issue and completed well in the ruck and up forward in the VFL against Coburg. Darcy Cameron is going very well, so the big American may have to wait for senior selection.

Finlay Macrae
31 disposals and 5 tackles in the 3-point win over Coburg. Worth another look at AFL level.

Rantall received a large cash to his eyebrow? Thats not going to help with our salary cap issues. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JT not in the main group at training today apparently. Wonder if his spot is in jeopardy?

So Sier is injured and Kelly will not coming in from what Bucks said in post-training presser.

Wilson sounds likely to get a call up and perhaps Macrae or Rantall get another go, so that we go in a bit shorter but more agile to match the Swans’ strengths.

With Sier and Reef injured, we really don’t have much in the cupboard to choose from. Bucks might have to pull on his boots.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
So Sier is injured and Kelly will not coming in from what Bucks said in post-training presser.

Wilson sounds likely to get a call up and perhaps Macrae or Rantall get another go, so that we go in a bit shorter but more agile to match the Seans’ strengths.

With Sier and Reef injured, we really don’t have much in the cupboard to choose from. Bucks might have to pull on his boots.

Sier has been unlucky at times but had also himself to blame for not being walk up best 22.

Happy to see Wilson debut and McRae or Rantall get another go

Wilson sounds likely to get a call up and perhaps Macrae or Rantall get another go, so that we go in a bit shorter but more agile to match the Seans’ strengths.

Sounds like Siers days are numbered.

Wilson likely to come in and replace Murphy from what I could gather.

I reckon Crisp will need to play more of a lockdown defender role, which will allow Mcrae/Rantall to come back in.

Sier has been unlucky at times but had also himself to blame for not being walk up best 22.

Happy to see Wilson debut and McRae or Rantall get another go

On further thought, it will probably be Madgen and Wilson replacing Roughead and Murphy.

You’re right about Sier - very unlucky and also his own worst enemy. A spot was there for the taking but now he’ll be out of contention again for weeks. That’s him done at Collingwood, I reckon.

I reckon Crisp will need to play more of a lockdown defender role, which will allow Mcrae/Rantall to come back in.

Sounds more like to me that Madgen is coming back in, considering every other option looks like remaining at VFL level....🙄

On further thought, it will probably be Madgen and Wilson replacing Roughead and Murphy.

You’re right about Sier - very unlucky and also his own worst enemy. A spot was there for the taking but now he’ll be out of contention again for weeks. That’s him done at Collingwood, I reckon.

Siers played 26 games out of something like 130.

Injuries, poor form, poor training discipline, off field problems... it’s just list clogging to keep backing him in to turn it around every year. Especially with recent smaller list sizes.

Last edited:
Siers played 26 games out of 101.

Injuries, poor form, poor training discipline, off field problems... it’s just list clogging to keep backing him in to turn it around every year. Especially with recent smaller list sizes.

EFA just to be precise.

What makes you think Wilson is coming in?
Didn't sound like that to me from Bucks' presser. Sounds more like Madgen and l would say C Brown promoted from medical sub.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back